1st savoury pack....mac and cheese made me feel sick! Is this normal??

So...today's been my first day and I've been feeling really positive...until I started preparing my evening meal which was brocolli and cauliflour with macaroni cheese.

I was feeling hungry after my 2 shakes today but as soon as I smelt the mac & cheese I felt sick. As I was preparing it I started thinking 'i don't know if I can eat this'...then by the time I was eating it the smell and taste of it actually did make me feel like vomiting.

I ate as much as I could but it was literally deep breaths and get it down!

Is this a normal reaction??? Feeling deflated cos I've been so positive and now I'm thinking I can't eat that stuff!!!

I don't imagine everyone likes ALL the packs. They all taste quite differen don't be put off just be ause you don't like one :)

Thanks, I was just worried cos I'm not a fussy eater normally - I like most things. But it just tasted all wrong (like not even food!) and I was scared that they'd all be...of the same ilk?!

Not tried it yet but after reading this I'm a little dubious. Someone did say pour it over cauliflower and it's fine. I didn't rate the chicken/mushroom soups but everything else has been lovely. Not tasted all the bars yet and only really ordered them in case I was out and about and couldn't mix a shake. Good luck with the other flavours :) x x

I'm not keen on the mac and cheese - but I love some of the others. My fav is hte spicy spaghetti - yum!

Weasley what veg did you have with the spaghetti I'm thinking of trying it tomorrow for tea. Just made the ice cream with the crispy vanilla shake it was gorgeous :) x x

I've had the spaghetti with lots of different things - my favourite was probably steamed broccoli - although dry fried mushrooms are nice too. Also, I really like it with big mushrroms baked in the oven with a bit of pepper and garlic powder on them before they go in - then serve the spicy spaghetti up in them - yummy! The chilli is noce done that way too (the original white packet chilli with the kidney beans in it - not the tomato chilli).

scousemouse0151 said:
Weasley what veg did you have with the spaghetti I'm thinking of trying it tomorrow for tea. Just made the ice cream with the crispy vanilla shake it was gorgeous :) x x

Scouse mouse do you just stick it in the freezer? How much water do you use please?

Scouse mouse do you just stick it in the freezer? How much water do you use please?

75g water blitzed in the blender with 5 ice cubes, pour into a bowl
stir in the shake mix along with 2tsp of the mouse powder.
put it in the fridge for 20mins and that's it.
Its not as hard as ice cream but it does set and makes a change from shakes

I love the macaroni cheese but to be honest I do think it has a really over the top artificial cheese flavour/smell about it so I can see why it would put someone off. Try some of the chilli if you have that, it just tastes like normal chilli to me :)

Like others have said, everyones tastes are different so don't worry if you're not keen on one thing I'm sure you'll find something you like :)

X

right you've sorted my evening meal out for me Clareel :)
going to have mac cheese poured over cauli and spring onion. My aim is to get through all the meal flavours this week as I have 4-5 of each. I'm loving the shakes so much I'm wondering how the meals will compare x x

Thanks all!

Well, 3 days later and I can report the following:

1. I will never eat the mac and cheese one ever again ha ha!
2. Spicy spaghetti - YUM!
3. Chilli - YUM! (had it with chopped up mushrooms in it which bulked it out and made it more tasty)
4. Cottage Pie - nice. Boiled up white cabbage and layed the CP over it - very nice1
5. Favourite shake so far - latte...put in some hot water and coffee, cold water, skimmed milk and then the latte shake - delicious!
6. Milk chocolate bars - YUM!
7. Soup - think I did something wrong - was all grainy and weird ; )

So, for anyone reading this who's wondering the same, don't be put off if you don't like something. Was just bad luck that I hated the 1st I tried!

Thanks JacksonsMum I'll be trying your suggestions this week. I'll report back on the macaroni cheese later,but i can honestly say I've never dreaded a meal so much haha x x

I find the soups a bit hit and miss, I like the veg n them

The mac cheese NEEDS to be poured over a vegetable portion. I can't eat it on it's own and I'm a bin. Nice over veggies though

Well the macaroni actually went down well. I had it with cauliflower a green salad and raw sliced mushrooms. Sounds gross but it was lovely and looked loads on the plate which tricks the mind into thinking you've eaten more haha x x

I hated the mac cheese the first time I tried it , a week later I tried again and adore it now !!!! Just remember when you first start your taste buds are so used to 'normal ' food with all the added nastys that the packs arent going to taste great . A small pack that contains 1/4 of your entire daily vits and mins is never going to taste like normal food , but your taste buds change so quickly once you get into it :) at least you have found some packs you like now :)

Back