1st time doing Lipotrim 🙏

Great thanks! Not hungry at all and feeling super motivated now. The difference 24 hours makes! How was yours? X
Made myself go to bed at 9pm just to resist temptation!!! But made it through my first day, so things can only get better right? 😉

Yes
Made myself go to bed at 9pm just to resist temptation!!! But made it through my first day, so things can only get better right? 😉
definitely! I’m feeling a bit hungrier today but not unbearable and still super motivated how’s your day been?

Yes

definitely! I’m feeling a bit hungrier today but not unbearable and still super motivated how’s your day been?
Hanging in there, but it’s so tough when my family cook dinner and leave left overs around! My tummy has actually been quite grumbly today too!!!

Had ordered a size 12 dress in the sales, a bit optimistic given I am an 18 at the mo, but it arrived today and I have hung it on my wall for inspiration!

Look at us, two days in, the last hard day tomorrow and then we will be on a roll 😉 Well done us!!!

Ahhh I can imagine. I live alone which I know makes things easier. No I think it’s a great idea! I’m a 20 and aiming for a 12 too. :) Yes well done us! We will be on a roll in no time x

I'm thinking of starting a VLCD. I have priced CD and that is £70 a week. What's the best one to do? Are all VLCD's the same?
Hi Redman, I am sorry this is the only meal replacement diet I have tried. I stumbled on it in my pharmacy over 10 years ago. It was marketed for people who officially had too high BMI, and so they could only sell it to you together with a weekly weigh in.

For me the positives are; convenience, and the fact it works if you have the will power to completely commit to it.

The negatives are; hair loss, severe constipation, feeling the cold more, bad breath, feeling weak/lethargic and I think I lost a lot of muscle/strength last time I managed to do it for a prolonged period of time. That’s not to say everyone experiences these!

Hi Redman, I am sorry this is the only meal replacement diet I have tried. I stumbled on it in my pharmacy over 10 years ago. It was marketed for people who officially had too high BMI, and so they could only sell it to you together with a weekly weigh in.

For me the positives are; convenience, and the fact it works if you have the will power to completely commit to it.

The negatives are; hair loss, severe constipation, feeling the cold more, bad breath, feeling weak/lethargic and I think I lost a lot of muscle/strength last time I managed to do it for a prolonged period of time. That’s not to say everyone experiences these!

I definitely feel the cold more and I'm going bald anyway so I'm not too fussy about hair loss, the constipation is real!

Strangely enough I have more energy and motivation on lipotrim and being on lockdown I'm like a coiled spring haha.

I've done lipotrim 3 times prior to this time and it definitely works if you can keep 100%

Ahhh I can imagine. I live alone which I know makes things easier. No I think it’s a great idea! I’m a 20 and aiming for a 12 too. :) Yes well done us! We will be on a roll in no time x
So that’s the tough part out of the way, just need the will power to keep going!!!

How are you doing Sprinkles? 😊

I definitely feel the cold more and I'm going bald anyway so I'm not too fussy about hair loss, the constipation is real!

Strangely enough I have more energy and motivation on lipotrim and being on lockdown I'm like a coiled spring haha.

I've done lipotrim 3 times prior to this time and it definitely works if you can keep 100%
How long have you been doing it this time around Scottus, and are managing to stick to it 100% during isolation?!

How long have you been doing it this time around Scottus, and are managing to stick to it 100% during isolation?!

I am on day 6 this morning 100% and I am down 13lbs, granted there is water weight in that but I am quite pleased with the result.

I'm finding isolation the perfect environment for this diet as I am not tempted to go to the pub or a restaurant or faced with people eating around me at work.

The smell of food is doing my head in but once I start seeing physical changes in my body its a massive boost to motivation

I am on day 6 this morning 100% and I am down 13lbs, granted there is water weight in that but I am quite pleased with the result.

I'm finding isolation the perfect environment for this diet as I am not tempted to go to the pub or a restaurant or faced with people eating around me at work.

The smell of food is doing my head in but once I start seeing physical changes in my body its a massive boost to motivation
13lbs, that’s amazing!!! Keep up the great work!!!

I am struggling today, feeling quite weak and a bit light headed! Gonna try and give it another week and then might try and alternate it with keto on a 5:2 basis?!?

Last edited:

Well done on your brilliant weight loss👏👏👏

Even though some of it it is water weight, it is still 13lbs less you have to carry around and it takes the pressure off your heart and your knees.

Here’s hoping you continue on for another very good week ahead👍

13lbs, that’s amazing!!! Keep up the great work!!!

I am struggling today, feeling quite weak and a bit light headed! Gonna try and give it another week and then might try and alternate it with keto on a 5:2 basis?!?
Try adding a quarter teaspoon of salt to your water to see if that helps.

Try adding a quarter teaspoon of salt to your water to see if that helps.
Thanks for the tip Mini. This time around I am taking Vitamin C and a supplement for hair, skin and nails to try and prevent the hair loss! Will definitely give salt a go 👍🏻

Thanks for the tip Mini. This time around I am taking Vitamin C and a supplement for hair, skin and nails to try and prevent the hair loss! Will definitely give salt a go 👍🏻

Below is an article explaining what happens your hair on a diet...more so on a vlcd...

(The science bit...
It's pretty common to lose hair when dieting. Here's why...

Each hair on your head grows for 4-5 years, then falls out. So your hair is always renewing itself. The long growth stage is called anagen and the short stopping phase that follows is called catagen. Then the hair falls out, which is telogen. The hairfollicle then goes back into anagen and makes a long hair for the next 4-5 yaers.

What happens during weight loss is Telogen effluvium. It also happens after any stress to the body. Some of your hairfollicles go into catagen to conserve body resources. So the hairs stop growing and "rest". Once your body feels safe again, those hairs go back into anagen - but because there was the pause in the middle, the brand new growinghair pushes the old hair out of the follicle. So in reality you have just as much hair as you did before - and it's probably far healthier hair. But the new hairs are short :)

Normally around 10% of your head of hair is in the catagen or telogen phase, in essence resetting itself to prepare for new hair to grow in. Because you have so muchhair on your head, you don't even notice. During weight loss that percentage gets higher, but this is only temporary. Your body starts creating new hair in its normalcycle once it settles into a healthy weight and those hairs start growing again. Remember that hair doesn't reach a long state overnight! So all those new, healthy hairs need time to grow out to whatever length of hair you have chosen.

Usually it takes 6 months for your head of hair to have grown back out to typical fullness. Hair grows around 1/2" per month, so at the 6 month mark, the hair is around 3" long which is enough to seem thick on most heads. Again, it's not that thehairis MISSING during this intermediate time. It's just that it is brand new and growing from scratch.

Copied from here Weight Loss, HairLoss and Low Carb - Low Carb if you want to read the whole article!)

I hope this article puts your mind at ease.

Below is an article explaining what happens your hair on a diet...more so on a vlcd...

(The science bit...
It's pretty common to lose hair when dieting. Here's why...

Each hair on your head grows for 4-5 years, then falls out. So your hair is always renewing itself. The long growth stage is called anagen and the short stopping phase that follows is called catagen. Then the hair falls out, which is telogen. The hairfollicle then goes back into anagen and makes a long hair for the next 4-5 yaers.

What happens during weight loss is Telogen effluvium. It also happens after any stress to the body. Some of your hairfollicles go into catagen to conserve body resources. So the hairs stop growing and "rest". Once your body feels safe again, those hairs go back into anagen - but because there was the pause in the middle, the brand new growinghair pushes the old hair out of the follicle. So in reality you have just as much hair as you did before - and it's probably far healthier hair. But the new hairs are short :)

Normally around 10% of your head of hair is in the catagen or telogen phase, in essence resetting itself to prepare for new hair to grow in. Because you have so muchhair on your head, you don't even notice. During weight loss that percentage gets higher, but this is only temporary. Your body starts creating new hair in its normalcycle once it settles into a healthy weight and those hairs start growing again. Remember that hair doesn't reach a long state overnight! So all those new, healthy hairs need time to grow out to whatever length of hair you have chosen.

Usually it takes 6 months for your head of hair to have grown back out to typical fullness. Hair grows around 1/2" per month, so at the 6 month mark, the hair is around 3" long which is enough to seem thick on most heads. Again, it's not that thehairis MISSING during this intermediate time. It's just that it is brand new and growing from scratch.

Copied from here Weight Loss, HairLoss and Low Carb - Low Carb if you want to read the whole article!)

I hope this article puts your mind at ease.
Thank you so much Mini for taking the time to source this - very helpful 😊

Back