1st Timer - a bit scared!

macmammy

Hi Everyone, hope all are well tonight. just thought i would log on her as i know how supportive this site it. well today i made a big decision... after about a million times trying WW and slimming world etc, i met my CD councelor and start ss tommorow.

i have about 2.5 - 3.00 stone to lose, i am hoping inn the next three weeks i can make a dent in that so i feel good when my hubby comes back from afghanistan on leave :D.

I would appriciate any hints and tips for getting through the first week. i am expecting to feel hungry and a bit poorly for the first few days..

thanks evryone, your stories are very inspiring!!
x

Hi Honey

You will certainly make a massive dent honey, and your inspiration of having Hubby home will be a massive driving force for you (brave and courageous man).

My advice to you is drink loads of water it really makes a massive difference to your weight loss. Always aim for your 3 litres a day and even try an have 4.

Keep yourself busy if theres a situation where you may usually sit down with a brew and a biscuit maybe to watch a tv programme or something change your routine so that you can avoid the trigger arising.

You will maybe feel a little fluey as you get into kestosis personally it doesn't affect me too badly and you will find you are colder than usual this is part of ketosis.

Just ask questions and use the forum as a sounding board and support network and a great place to meet new friends.

Good Luck honey if anyone has an incentive its you waiting for your brave hubby to come home xxxx

Hi macm,
My advice... stick at it. I started last year (Dec 26th) and managed to lose 2 stone. Then I messed about and it has taken me the rest of the year to get back on track - including putting a stone back on. My H is RAF as well and currently away, back i in 2 weeks :D I've done 7lb this week :eek: and am hoping to do another 7lb over the next two weeks. YOu'll be amazed at how quickly it comes off. If you do find SS to hard, have a go at SS+. Most people find the weight comes off as quickly and I found it easier knowing that I could eat something
x

Thanks so much for the support ladies, really grateful! well i will give it 100% and keep checking in on here for motivation. i will let you know how i get on.xx

I agree with Jimmy Shoo, keep busy and drink loads of water. Remember the first few days are the worst, but once you get through them by about day 4 or 5 it is really easy. Don't give in to the cravings, it will seem like everything on tv is related to food and you will really want to give in.... but don't. I found when I got really weak, I would look at the comments on here, and found the pictures and signatures showing how much people lost really inspirational. There is also a link at the top of the page to inspirational slide show and that is good, as it is neverending before and after shots of people on this diet.

I think that is about it, but if you are in the right frame of mind it is a piece of cake (not literally). Also I would hop on the scales every day, in the first week it is amazing how quick the weight comes off, and seeing it do it is very motivating.

Good luck

Heya Mac, I agree with everything that's been said- my biggest tip is once you're in the flow, if you want to eat, don't!! I ate when I went away in August after a terrific, motivating and relatively easy 2 months SSing, only to still be struggling to get back to 100%.

Anyway, keep glugging the water and enjoy the drop- this diet is totally amazing- I'm 5 stone down since early June and the smallest I've ever been in my adult life- it's truely life-changing :D xxx

thanks so much everyone, so far so good had a hot choc shake this morning and was ok, just off to the shops now to stock up on water!! it just feels a bit weird not eating, its strange cos i keep thinking i am gogin to eat something bu accident!! ha!

I remember dreaming about food in the first few days. Just try so hard to hang in there. It will all be worth it! Remember if you do want to eat later you can do SS+ anything to stop you going off the rails x This time next week you'll be a good few pounds down! Prob more than you'd ever do in a week at Slimming world/weight watchers

Back