ProPoints Velma Vents...

I have a food diary, because as much as it's super helpful to track on the WW app, it's nice to be held accountable for my choices too. And it's nice to know if you're on the right track, or completely going off piste with things a bit. However, I thought it would also be pretty useful to keep a weight loss diary. More to log how I'm feeling, how my weight loss is going.

A bit about me - I'm 29, from Glasgow and in my early 20s I did WW before and lost a couple of stone then got arrogant thinking I could keep doing it alone. I was wrong. Since then I've flirted with calorie counting, going to the gym, Paul McKenna and all sorts before realising that I need to just make a sustainable change in my life. I'm very lucky that I have supportive people around me - I'll probably mention them more as this diary goes on - but I know this change needs to happen in me. I'm the only one who I can hold accountable for my choices.

I've struggled with depression in the past - in the last fortnight however I've come off my medication and I'm feeling much more motivated than I have for a long while. I'm hoping I can capitalise on that feeling and really use it to my advantage. I know there'll be ups and downs, and it won't always be easy. It's going to be a life decision, and this weight won't come off in the next couple of weeks. I'm an impatient person by nature - so my motto just now is that "Life is a marathon, not a sprint"...and I need to apply that to weight loss too.

Please feel free to say hello if you fancy :)
Velma

p.s. I don't plan on actually venting that much - just couldn't think of anything else to go with "V" haha :D x

Tonight I'm heading away for work for the evening - and I'm totally worried about my self-control. We have a meal/drink allowance and the temptation to have a glass of wine or two is going to be SO high. And honestly, I actually really want a glass of wine, that's the problem. Don't know how I'm going to keep in points today, it's going to be a wee challenge that's for sure.

I'm planning on going for a swim when I get to the hotel, so that's something at least but it's unlikely to have much of an effect. Just need to remember that if I do have wine, I should have a *small* glass. That's where I always go wrong.

Other than that I'm eating a lot less carbs the past couple of days and actually feeling pretty good for it. It's nice not to have that stuffed feeling after a sandwich or bread. I had meat and veg for dinner last night and although I was a wee bit hungry before I went to sleep, I just need to train myself to know that being a bit peckish for bed isn't going to kill me.

What about something different to a wine? I've become addicted to blackcurrant and soda... I know not alcohol but is really refreshing with some ice x

Sounds like you've got a plan for the hotel, a swim sounds great. And re the wine, if you want one, have one, sip it slowly and savour it. I find red wine is best for this, white wine I can just neck it! Or do you drink spirits? Vodka lime and soda, really refreshing, tall glass, lots of ice.

dont underestimate that swim either, it'll help keep you focused and you'll be more likely to make a healthy chooice for dinner. Enjoy!

What about something different to a wine? I've become addicted to blackcurrant and soda... I know not alcohol but is really refreshing with some ice x

Sounds like you've got a plan for the hotel, a swim sounds great. And re the wine, if you want one, have one, sip it slowly and savour it. I find red wine is best for this, white wine I can just neck it! Or do you drink spirits? Vodka lime and soda, really refreshing, tall glass, lots of ice.

dont underestimate that swim either, it'll help keep you focused and you'll be more likely to make a healthy chooice for dinner. Enjoy!

Thanks lovelies...so I *did* have a few glasses of (small) wine but you know, I'm not going to allow myself to feel annoyed about it. I went for my swim (YAY) and I had a superfood salad for dinner which until WW, would have been pasta or something as bad so I'm feeling good about that. I went over my allowance but I'm happy I tracked everything and that for me is the main thing right now. Not the most sensible day but swimming tomorrow and remembering this is a long haul for me.

Thanks for the lovely messages :) x

So it's come to Sunday night, another week beckons and I'm feeling good. Managed to lose 1lb on Friday (even after drinking the wine!) YAY...and so I'm taking that as some extra encouragement to have a great week coming up. Had a lovely Valentines dinner with BF - he made some roast chicken and veg (WW friendly!) and it was good to have a nice dinner without the guilt. So glad we didn't go out for food...

I also realised this weekend that I've been making excuses again to not go to the gym...one of them being that taking my big gym bag out with me every day was annoying. It was too big to put my usual handbag style stuff in without losing it all at the bottom, so I'd need to take a 2nd bag with me and it was just annoying the heck out of me (rubbish excuse, but I was using it as a reason not to go to the gym so it's relevant for me) so I went out today and got myself a nice wee gym bag. Perfectly sized to not be bulky, JUST fits everything I need in it and it's currently pre-packed sitting by the front door so I can go out tomorrow morning before work. Actually looking forward to it :)

Eurgh, I am SUPER frustrated. I've made sensible choice where I can this week and since I'm going down to Cardiff with work shortly did my weigh-in today so that I didn't have to miss out on more that one weigh-in. And I put on a half lb. I don't know how?? I tracked *everything*, made sensible choices if I was out eating. I pointed everything and didn't use all my weeklies, as well as doing some exercise. It's just so frustrating...

Back