1st week done and dusted

Same for me! It's the night times when it starts to gurgle and churn. Like a goblin inside tapping to get my attention.. I am hoping maybe I am just slow for ketosis to kick in.. as many say the pangs tend to ease afterwards.. fingers crossed my tummy will learn I am in charge sooner or later.

In the mean time I was thinking of maybe trying to turn a shake a little more solid to fool my stomach. Maybe make a half of one up and freeze it a little like a yoghurty ice lolly and have one in the evenings, and maybe the other half as a normal shake in the morning instead. ( I say this, but whether I get round to it is totally different hehe)

hehe just keep thinking if I get through tonight, I can eat in the morning.. step at a time. Had a few early nights, but I tend to be a nightowl which doesn't help the situation grrr

good luck tomorrow its only a few more hours away xx

love the idea of the ice lolly will defo try this, great thinking hun, how have you got on today, found it really hard for some reason, don't know why, haven't strayed but had BIG issue when cooking some bacon for the family...why is that smell such a killer.. hehe, her'e to another pint of the lovely H2O xx

thnx short and dumpyy and woww well done on your great weight loss...i have struggled with the water intake todai..for some reason i find it a lot harder to stick to diets at home rather then when i am lone at uni..at uni i can just not buy food at all and just focus on the diet whereas here there is food constantly evrywher....wats your secret in such a great weight loss i usually do tend to drink water like a fish lol just at home don't know why i struggle for some reason..:S...oh well weigh in next sat will hopefully show a big loss i am hoping...just soo badly want to get into the nine's on the scales then will think there is hope and that..:(...bought some scales today finally i have no idea how accurate they are lol but i have a feeling i am going to end up like mark when he didn't hide his scales and i have a feeling wil b on them quite a bit as i am dragging them with me all the way to uni loll......thanks for the support hun i neeed it..and wish u all the best as well though you are doing great :D
mwah

aww thanks sweet. I think like clarieabelle, I have no secret to it.. I find it hard, I really have to admit... the smell of food, and the hunger pangs are really testing me. But i think every time I resist, every time I get through that hard bit, it strengthens my resolve that I can and will do this damn it heheh!

You did so well Claire to resist, you are a strong lady and should be so proud of yourself.. It's just day at a time for me sweetgirl.. literally.. I struggle with the water a little too. I brought some nice new teas as a 'treat' heheh for me. I was all excited, I spent ages choosing the nicest box, and colour and sounding tastes, girly tea bag choosing lol how silly.(within guidelines, no fruit teas) while the others of the house were off choosing cakes and savoury yumminess... I think it really helped, as I was not present when they were picking their food, and I was so looking forward to my tea bag treat when I got in.. its so silly, but I think we need to learn to reward ourselves, however small.

I was a little better yesterday Claireabelle.. a tiny bit hehe, I switched my packs around a little to try something different, I had my bar late morning, as I find If I have a black tea to kick start me, it settles the need for fuel. As it is mostly the evenings the pain starts I thought I would try having the packs later. I had a shake nearer 2ish and a soup about 8. I do find the water intake hard, so having the new tea flavours was nice for my taste buds but also the liquid intake.

Going to try adding more ice chips to the shakes too, means more liquid hehe. But I do enjoy my chocloate one hot in the mornings.. it is my treat.. I tried adding a little coffee to it, makes a mocha type drink, but also means I drink it slower and I think that is helping the pangs as it gives my brain a chance to realise I am having all I need.

Good luck girls xxx always thinking of you.. day at a time we can do this. Good luck today Claire and remember, it takes strength of character to find something hard but still carry on xxx be proud of yourself even though like me, it doesn't feel like i am strong at times when the smells waft

xx

Sweetgirl you sound so motivated I am sure you will do amazingly.. Try to stay out of the kitchen at home so you can't open the cupboards and see the other foods. I have set up my own little cupboard with my space food packs and teas in now, so it helps a little when I go to get one that I my eyes dont take in the colours, textures and general temptations of the other food.

Last edited:
thanks for that hun, really finding things hard, have been 100% but just feeling low, have felt sick for the last 2 days and really bloated which has made the water intake more of a struggle. I just have to keep reminding myself, this is my choice and i'm doing this for me. I want this. Had family barbie today which i did get through, v hard but we got there, sorry to moan just feeling a bit low, take care guys c x

thank you short and dumpy hun...your support means a lot and it does help me go by miles..i am back at uni now so should be alrite this week hopefully i just had a bar and i feel soo full its unreal lol...:S
lol
clare well dun on ur weight loss so far you have done really welll keep it up
short and dumpy how long av you been on this diet for and how much have you lost and what are you aiming for?
mwah

well done claire for resisting, this is so hard i know, but we are all in this together thro ups and downs, just keep focussed, no 1 said it was easy, but remember we got ourselves fat we can get our selves thin. x

I am a newbie sweetgirl .. all shiny and new and fighting through the first week!... hehe now into my second week, 2nd weigh in is on friday. I lost 13lbs the first week.

just taking it day by day slowing and surely.. try not to think to far ahead... so whenever my body feels it is right to hit goal weight :)

I am only little.. i am just about 5 foot if i wear heels, so any extra weight is a no no for me.. and boy I have a lot of extra!

I think I need to look again at my target weight, I was going by what is classed as a 'normal' bmi for my height, but that would lead me to be about 6 and a half to seven stone. That is my aim, but I think I would miss my curves.. so in fairness I have no strict hard and fast goal or time scale. I am going to go with how I feel in myself and how I look in the mirror rather than let charts and scales dictate to much when I get closer.

My only desire is to be 100% every day, and if the scales loss isnt high one week, I know it will balance out the next. I want to loose half of myself.. so however long it takes I am happy

xx

You have done brilliantly Short and gorgeous, it will however slow done from here on as I found out my 2nd week but the weight is still coming off and that is what counts. Glad to say you still want some of your curves, CURVES ARE GOOOOOOD.

hehe thank you lovely man..and I agree Mark.. I think we ladies should have a few curves:D ;) rawrr and a wiggle
I'm prepared for it slowing down too :D I just know it is coming off thats enough for me. Seems silly, but knowing I am doing this makes me proud... Taking control
xx

Short - You should be proud of yourself at all times, just getting started in an achievment, seeing it through is the real victory and everyone needs to know what is happening to each and everyone us.
Thank you indeed for calling me lovely.

Back