1st week

Discussion in 'SlimFast' started by shelz, 16 December 2009 Social URL.

1. shelz

shelz Silver Member

What can be the expected loss in the first few days?

I want to shift a couple of unwanted pounds before christmas and I have next week off work, so I thought ideal opportunity. Do you think it is viable to do one week then take a week off and then get back to the plan again. When I say take a week off I dont mean go 'mad'!

I did find a loose 18lbs in 4 days plan which I want to follow for 4 days of next week to see what happens (only daunting thing to me is that it doesnt allow you to exercise!) and I was thinking to slim fast the remainder to christmas. Do you think this is viable?

Please respond quick as I am thinking of starting today or tomorrow!
    Thanks
    :)

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Kes

Kes Gold Member

Start Weight:
    232lb
    Current Weight:
    179.8lb
    Goal Weight:
    140lb
    Lost(%):
    52.2lb(22.5%)
    Diet:
    was on Slim Fast but changed to Slimming world and Xenical
    i would give it a go..
    but i would def exercise!!!
    maybe as you have the week off up the exercise a little too!!!

4. Kes

Kes Gold Member

Start Weight:
    232lb
    Current Weight:
    179.8lb
    Goal Weight:
    140lb
    Lost(%):
    52.2lb(22.5%)
    Diet:
    as for how much...
    i dont know.... its different for everyone...
    but see how it goes....

5. Toola-Roola

Toola-Roola Full Member

Start Weight:
    14st1.1lb
    Current Weight:
    14st1.1lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I lost 4lbs in my first week and I have to say I wasn't really strict with myself and I didnt find it really difficult to do. I do exercise most days between 20-40 mins with the wii.

I am still going to do it over christmas, I'v got the first week done which I thought would be the hardest so I dont really want to undo all my work. I will enjoy myself but wont be eating all day everyday. I done this last year and was around 91-93kgs in Jan, I dont want that to happen this year!

6. Toola-Roola

Toola-Roola Full Member

Start Weight:
    14st1.1lb
    Current Weight:
    14st1.1lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    And, I dont think that 18lbs in 4 days diet will be very good for you. Surely it's impossible to lose that much in such a short time anyway!

7. shelz

shelz Silver Member

well in 4 days we will find out. I have started today... half a grapefruit for breakfast with a black coffee, 2 eggs, beans and squash for lunch and some beef tomatoes and an apple for tea. I am going to go to the gym tonight for half an hour and I may also jump on the exercise bike while I am at home for an hour while the soaps are on later - I find its good to pass the time quicker!

Jumping on the scales today to my horror I am 145lbs.... My goal is 126lbs / 119lbs (ideally) by August! If this doesnt work then it doesnt, bit of an experiment really before I start Slim Fast solidly on 1st January.

8. Kes

Kes Gold Member

Start Weight:
    232lb
    Current Weight:
    179.8lb
    Goal Weight:
    140lb
    Lost(%):
    52.2lb(22.5%)
    Diet:
    well personally i dont think its good for anyone to go on crash diets eating like that, but if you wanna give it a go... then go for it.....
    hope it goes ok for you

9. Toola-Roola

Toola-Roola Full Member

Start Weight:
    14st1.1lb
    Current Weight:
    14st1.1lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I think your goal is realistic and should be achievable by August.

I think we all have to remeber that there are no quick fixes and its about a lifestyle challenge and one that wont happen over night. I'd love to lose all my weight and wake up skinny tomorrow but it wont happen, the same as I didn't get fat over night - it all took time!

We need a plan that will work long term, which is why I like slimfast. I am not depriving myself - I can still snack and have a normal dinner.

10. shelz

shelz Silver Member

i am merely testing the 18lb in 4 days plan. Tonight i am in bed fulfilled and happy. I am going to stick with it. What do i have to loose? Really enjoyed the gym today and i feel so upbeat.

11. shelz

shelz Silver Member

10 Stone 1 pound today - thats a loss of 4lbs after 1 day. Going well, might as well stick with it another couple days and see what occurs. If this doesnt work at least I am still exercising so I am not wasting any time.

12. shelz

shelz Silver Member

Today 9.11 and I ate 4 chocolates yesterday!

13. shelz

shelz Silver Member

still 9.11 - I only did three days of the plan but still thats from 10.5 to 9.11 in 3 days - 8lbs. Straight and narrow from now on, eating healthily and normally until 1st Jan and then its flim fast all the way!

14. Kes

Kes Gold Member

Start Weight:
    232lb
    Current Weight:
    179.8lb
    Goal Weight:
    140lb
    Lost(%):
    52.2lb(22.5%)
    Diet:
    well done!! what did you eat for those days???

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.