Bless you James and welcome back! Wishing you lots of luck and I feel sure you'll crack it this time !! Denial ain't just a place in Africa - i can relate to so much that you've posted! I love denial as well and I also hide from folk out of shame - power feeling that !

You are, however, brave enough to take that first step again - takes a lot of willpower that does! And you will be stronger this time cos you have more knowledge ... So well done and we're all cheering you on!! Go James!!! Hugs xx

Hi James, welcome back. You know all the tips and tricks - well done getting back on the wagon and we are all rooting for you
Xxx

Morning James... Your plan for the Chinese sounds sensible ... I'd probably also have some legal food beforehand so I wasn't hungry ... People are unlikely to notice if you put things on your plate and not eat it all - you can also move the food around a bit... They do sound like a judgemental lot if you're expecting some snidey comments... You might be pleasantly surprised and they're all really happy you've got back into the zone ...

Be proud of yourself that you're starting again!! It takes a huge amount of willpower ... never under estimate that!

And finally none of them around that table will be perfect and some of their imperfections will be a lot worse than yours - try and think about that ... Hope you have a good day! Xx

Morning James, welcome back mate

Morning James, I like your thinking for the events ahead, sounds very sensible, good luck :)

Evening James... It's really good to vent and get it out of your system ... And you do it with such clarity and honesty!! It needs to be verbalised - if its bottled up it will just fester and then one day when you least expect it you will explode...

Try and draw that line... An important line to draw... You're stronger now than before and you know more about yourself and your triggers! That's really important so you can prepare yourself better for any moments of weakness!

You're here! You're posting!! And you've started ... What an achievement! Tiny steps in the right direction and you'll get there!!! Go James!! Xx

Welcome back James and I just want to reiterate all the comments above.

I think you are AMAZING for a) losing the weight first off and then b) facing up to the eating habits that have led to a gain, and doing something about it.

Hun you are in similar company here, we have all done it, lost then gained (prime candidate here and I couldn't stay on the wagon for anywhere near as long as you!) and you will know from reading our posts how much we all beat ourselves up - but please take heart from the memory of how good it felt to see those scales go down and feel clothes becoming looser.

I remember you talking about how much your confidence had grown when you were on track - and it so rings a bloody big bell with me when you recalled the situation recently with the girls coming in to your office - I walk down the street some days and just wish the pavement could open up and drop me through it. I've been in tears on a holiday with the ex because I'd packed my favourite blouse but it didn't fit anymore. I've pretended that my phone was ringing so I could stop walking and try and stop wheezing.

So, plan ahead, do what works for you and when you feel the need, be as truthful as you like here. The one thing you know for sure is that no one here is judgemental! :D

Hi James, I would like to reiterate what has already been said and also add that this summer can still be your summer, just think how much weight you can lose by august, no more beating yourself up, posting your thoughts is so helpful and forces you to confront your fears and hopes. You can and will lose the weight again, today is tomorrow's history so look ahead, don't look back. Good luck :)

Hi James, welcome back and well done for acknowledging the gain and deciding to do something about it. Like others have said above we all do it, I regained the 3 stone I lost on VLCD and am now in exactly the same position I was in 2 years ago. Sadly I can't do Atkins as all the years of yo-yoing have caused gallstones so I can't tolerate the fat but found a combi of VLCD + 100g protein and 200g veg and I'm back on the way down. I had a planned lunch on Saturday and knocked myself out of ketosis but only really for Sunday. You're so determined so I'm sure you can get yourself back into K prety quickly too.
Good luck, and please vent here and put down in words your feelings too. Afterall where else in the world could you find so many people who really do know what you're going through? People say they understand, but we've actually lived it!
On the point of other people's reaction to the gain I get in first and just say 'yeah, typical me eh?' then state honestly with a shrug of the shoulders that all I can do is lose it again. Generally people are kind enough to say that until I mentioned it that hadn't even noticed. Even if it's a lie it's generally the end of the conversation lol.

Hi James ... Great diary and learning even more about this woe by reading what you have to say... Can I just ask what hormone you referred to that makes us gain weight? X

Hi James, I found your post really interesting thanks for taking the time to write it so clearly and explain , I am feeling inspired to read more on the subject. Your head is clearly in the right place, well done and good luck getting back on track :)

Morning James.. I walk around barefoot at home all the time - I just prefer it! :)

Your posts are so interesting! Thank you. You really know this stuff!

Hope you have a good day today. X

Morning James, i agree i really struggle now when people talk about a "healthy" diet which i consider to be poison:eek: sometimes i manage to bite my tongue - most often not:D

Go for it James!
Enjoy your 18 days off , oh by the way , where do you get the one carb sauce?

Great you are back in k and feeling focused! Enjoy your time off:)

Enjoy your time off James and keep posting - this place helps keep me in the zone... Partly cos now I couldn't bear letting everyone down! Lol

You're doing brilliantly to have shifted your thoughts like that!! Xx

Morning James... Really interesting research but I'm not sure that would work for me as I know I can stall or increase just by inadvertently letting a hidden carb into my body and that might be only over a ten minute period - or am I misunderstanding you?

Great to have your posts on here as you're very thought provoking! Xx

Back