2.5-3 stone to lose

ashen

So I had a baby 5 months ago and put on a silly amount of weight and am now struggling to lose it. Every one close keeps telling me give it time blah blah etc etc but I know that it will not magically drop off in time and will need to put the work in so here I am!!!
Will be starting the Cambridge diet this week I hope just need the go ahead from the dr and I can't wait. I am currently 12st5 and in this heat have a melt down every morning so far as nothing fits from last summer and I don't want to buy a whole new wardrobe in a size I don't want to be. I have lost some weight through eating less carbs I was 13st8 a few months ago but it is hard to calculate and restrict your self on portion every meal of every day and as I did in the past lose weight on this diet feel its the easiest way to do it when I'm very busy.
Perish me luck and look forwards to reading all your inspirational story's :) xx

Hi, I had a baby just over twelve weeks ago and I went from 14 stone (which I'd gotten down to through months on weight watchers before getting pregnant) and until four weeks ago I'd gone up to 16 13. So I feel your pain!

People said the same to me to give it time, she's only 8 weeks old etc but the way I looked at it if I wasn't losing weight I was only going to put it on as I'm no good at portion control.

I read a few weeks ago about the Cambridge diet and to be honest it sounded terrifying to me lol but go for it if you fancy it, I've got almost six stone to lose (I'm 5'9 and my ideal weight is around 10/11 stone) but I've done one stone already bar 1.5lbs and WW worked for me last time which is why I'm back on it again so good luck in your endeavour!

First of all, congratulations on the birth of your babies!

Ashen, if you're anything like me you'll find the heat makes you less inclined to eat, so summer is a great time to be doing Cambridge (unlike winter, when all I want to do is hibernate and replenish my excessive fat stocks!). You'll be down to your goal weight in no time - probably just a couple of months - and by next summer you'll be light and healthy enough to spend all day chasing around after a lively toddler. ;)

Hi Ashen!

OMG reading your post is like looking in the mirror! My baby is 6months old and this is week 2 of Cambridge. I'm 5.6 and when I started I was 12st 5lbs, after week 1 I lost 7lbs and got down to 11st 12lbs and I really need to be 10st 10lbs for my clothes to really fit again!!

I am still in my mat clothes as I also refuse to spend money on clothes that I don't want to fit into again! The first week was tough and by day 5 I added the 200kcal meal in (SS plus) which helped as looking after a baby zapps the energy! You do start to not feel hungry but you miss the taste of food so the meal is perfect!

I'm 30 the end of the month & am on a mission to get down to 11st 7lbs before then, although I went out on sat night (girls night pre-planned) so had a day off yesterday & have put a couple of lbs back on... Ekk!

Good luck with your journey, it's so rewarding when you step on those scales and see its coming off!! Kat xxx

My bubba is 11 months, I've just stopped bfing so currently on week 3 of SS/SS+ (I eat on the days I have the kids) and I've lost 21lbs. I have 28lb til I hit goal pre pregnancy weight of 10st 7.

Best of luck

Back