2 bars per day??

lostpolarbear

So now I'm classed as normal BMI my CDC has advised its best I go onto SS+ however I want to stay on SS but I'd like to do 2 bars plus one shake, do you think this will work? X

No, you need to move to step two once your bmi hits 25 or you will start to burn muscle.

How about 2 shakes and 2 bars? With the extra milk. I don't trust myself with food ( every day) yet x

You need to increase your calories to the level of step 2 or above. You also need to start introducing real food - you can't live solely on Cambridge products forever, plus 4 products a day is going to cost you over £50 a week. The point of the steps is to retrain you to be able to eat real food again, which you need to learn to do

Thanks for this information starlit_cazza as I've found since my BMI hit 25 I've not being able to stick to SS... And I've tried too, that was a month ago and I've felt like such a greedy pig/ getting mad at myself but now it makes sense!

My CDC didn't mention anything about moving up the steps either! I also haven't told her that I've secretly being eating to keep the hunger at bay! BMI is 23.8 but vice got 8lbs left then my BMI is 22.5! I've managed to shift 1 stone 4 with this way of eating though!

Hi LPB

First of all - well done! :clap: You're the same height as me and at the moment I can only dream of getting to a BMI of 25.0. That's brilliant! :happy096:

But I have to agree with Cazza - you need to move onto 810 now. You need the extra protein so that your body doesn't turn to your lean muscle mass for fuel. There's not enough protein in 4 products to keep that from happening.

Don't be afraid of introducing real food - that's why Cambridge has its steps, to slowly get you into the swing of eating again. You'll be fine. :)

Thank you for all the advice. When I did Lipotrim a few years ago I continued with the 3 shakes until I got to 10stone (6lbs lighter than I am now) and the pharmacist never advised me to come off it. I think I shall wait until I get to 10st and then do the SS+ I'm currently having a couple of SS+ meals a week anyway including today. It's my own revised plan lol

With the amount of sugar in them of course they do! I prefer the malt/ soft ones as the toffee one tastes like a finger of fudge, the choc orange one is almost like a Terry's choc orange! The lemon one is like lemon cheese cake too! Not really tried the crunchy ones though so can't help you there!

With the amount of sugar in them of course they do! I prefer the malt/ soft ones as the toffee one tastes like a finger of fudge, the choc orange one is almost like a Terry's choc orange! The lemon one is like lemon cheese cake too! Not really tried the crunchy ones though so can't help you there!

Shaz, the bars have no more sugar in them than the shakes. :)

Bars - some love 'em, some don't, bit like all the products really.

Ohhhj I see! Thanks Hun! I'll happily munch on my bars now! :D

Last edited:
Fab thanks for the link LIly I'll ask my CDC for extra bars next time. I'm flippin bored of shakes after being on them for 10 weeks :/ x

Back