2 bars?

andyfofo

can anyone tell me the side affects of having 2 bars a day? i tried using the search but to no avail :(
i do a 24 mile round commute by bike each day and weights session 4 nights a week so i don't think the couple of extra grams of carbs will knock me out of ketosis after that exercise, but is there any other affects? e.g. digestion, toilet patterns, etc?:)

I think you need to ask why do you want to do two bars a day? there is no doubt you will burn off those calories...

I don't think the odd two bars a day has hurt anyone massively, but i know it's not encouraged. Would you be better 3 shakes and some lean chicken?

I think you need to ask why do you want to do two bars a day? there is no doubt you will burn off those calories...

I don't think the odd two bars a day has hurt anyone massively, but i know it's not encouraged. Would you be better 3 shakes and some lean chicken?

after my cycle i just need the sensation of eating something, its phsycological but after cycling 12 miles with alot of it uphill, having something filling is kind off a must, i could have some lean chicken, but it being in work would create problems with that etc. :)

2 bars can not only knock you out of ketosis but can also have a laxative effect too.

One a day is the maximum you should have. I take it youre talking about having 1 shake and 2 bars a day as opposed to a 2nd bar as an extra??

2 bars can not only knock you out of ketosis but can also have a laxative effect too.

One a day is the maximum you should have. I take it youre talking about having 1 shake and 2 bars a day as opposed to a 2nd bar as an extra??

one a day is the maximum, but surely that doesn't take into account several hours of exercise every day? yes having 1 shake and 2 bars, although with all the strenuous activity i doubt the few extra carbs in the 2nd bar would have much affect, as the amount i would be burning would outwiegh the extra 3g carbs or whatever it is, no?

Think people are just giving you their opinions, but it sounds like you are gonna do it either way :p If it makes you happy and you still get results, try it

as nicki says , try it and see how you do , no one can tell you how to manage your own diet , just advise you what is recommended

i know and appreciate everyones advice! :) but my original question about possible sideaffects has turned into why i shouldn't do it, i fully intend to do it just like i did when i posted my question, if it doesn't work so be it, but i was just wanting a heads up as regards to side affects i may experience so i know what to expect :)

I have had 2 bars on quite a few days when I have done lots of exercise ( although normally have 1 exante and 1 asda bar). It's not effected me personally or my loss.

Whn i have had 2 bars (altho only a handful of times) ive not had any bad side effects. Evry1s body is different, maybe try it 4 a few dys & c hw u gt on.
Btw all that excercise must be exhausting. Im tired just reading abt it lol

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

ketosis has nothing to do with how much you exercise, once its in its in, falling out of ketosis is an immediate chemical process, you won't skip the process by exercising it off.

Saying that everyone has different boundaries... yes some can get away with 2 bars and 1 shake/soup, but i would say you are definitely chancing your arm if you had an additional bar on top of the 3 packs already.

I'd be more concerned about why you are doing a vlcd on an intense exercise regime... its not very good for your body going on that way.

If you can exercise this vigorously why do you need a VLCD...I choose to do this because I have athritis and use 2 sticks to get around and a wheelchair for longer walks...My weight has gone up because I cannot exercise as I used to....I was unable to adjust my intake accordingly and am hoping that the 3 a day and a bit more protein will reduce my weight and re-educate me regarding maintaining a good weight...If being lighter also reduces the amount of pain and disability I will be delighted....wish I could cycle that far.....Jealous really!!!!

Back