2 weeks and no change?

my advice is to change something, anything. if you're eating the same things so frequently then thats probably the problem.

why don't you ask your c about success express? or try a 1 week scan bran challenge? or try to eat different fruit every day? try slicing a banana onto your weetabix instead of apples, try berries on top.

IMO you have answered your own question. if your diet is so predictable that you don't need to write it down then your body is probably finding it boring too.

good luck xx

I will try a variable option during this week and see if it effects my loss. Will report back next Monday. I do SW online so don't get to groups (shift worker so don't get the days needed to attend groups). I don't keep a food diary because once I write it it's just the same every day after, so no point. If I eat 2 weetabix and then instantly an apple I fail to see how that's not part of the same meal?

Sent from my iPad2 using MiniMins

Ryantcb said:
I will try a variable option during this week and see if it effects my loss. Will report back next Monday. I do SW online so don't get to groups (shift worker so don't get the days needed to attend groups). I don't keep a food diary because once I write it it's just the same every day after, so no point. If I eat 2 weetabix and then instantly an apple I fail to see how that's not part of the same meal?

It's because you're meant to eat the superfree as part of your meal- often people eat the SF food before the rest of the food, because then they are filling up on the SF first.
I dont do extra easy, so I'm not the best one to advise xxx

Clairebear1000 said:
It's because you're meant to eat the superfree as part of your meal- often people eat the SF food before the rest of the food, because then they are filling up on the SF first.
I dont do extra easy, so I'm not the best one to advise xxx

That's what I've tried to say twice now but not sure if the OP will actually take the advice as they seem to be set in their ways?! (just my opinion before anyone 'shoots me down' for it) x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Ok let's assume you have a chicken and carrots dinner if you eat all the chicken and then the carrots that doesn't count as being the same time?? It's not like I'm waiting hour before eating the SF it's practically the same time.

Ryantcb said:
Ok let's assume you have a chicken and carrots dinner if you eat all the chicken and then the carrots that doesn't count as being the same time?? It's not like I'm waiting hour before eating the SF it's practically the same time.

That would be ok, but what you've been saying about apples isnt! But would you really just have chicken and carrots???

Hi everyone...I'm half way into my third week and also no change... I have been following it to the tee... as far as i know... filling in my online diary, weighing and measuring HX... I cycle 30 mins to work and back each day and very active life... = nothing... STS for two weeks now... what is going on... when I did SW before, I did green as I'm veggie... last three days I've gone back to green to see if that helps... any clues?

Its soooo frustrating, I'm doing it online this time which is a bit harder cos no face to face support... thanks guys...

Sunshine me up said:
Hi everyone...I'm half way into my third week and also no change... I have been following it to the tee... as far as i know... filling in my online diary, weighing and measuring HX... I cycle 30 mins to work and back each day and very active life... = nothing... STS for two weeks now... what is going on... when I did SW before, I did green as I'm veggie... last three days I've gone back to green to see if that helps... any clues?

Its soooo frustrating, I'm doing it online this time which is a bit harder cos no face to face support... thanks guys...

Do you have a food diary on here? If not, it might be an idea cos then people can have a look for you. There may be something you've missed?? Everyone on here is very helpful so it might be worth a shot :) good luck x

Sunshine me up said:

I'd say it was kind of pointless doing EE when you're veggie- definitely go back to green, that might well help you! :D I'm veggie and get really good losses on green :)

Ryantcb said:

I think the aim is to eat your super free as part of your meal times I.e a stir fry with rice and if the eat the rice and veg together you would eat less overall and maybe not finish it all - or be tempted to snack more later on. I agree what everyone says re variety too. It's been proven that you need to mix things up and I'm sure a lot of diets recommend not eating the same thing every day.

I would also recommend a food diary - especially if you're going to mix things up. I really didn't realise all the extra things I was eating til I wrote it down - if you asked me just to give a summary at the end of the day I definitely would have forgotten things

Aside from anything else you don't get all the vitamins you need from eating a salad and 7 apples a day. The reason that you are supposed to eat a variety of fruit & veg is to ensure you get all the vitamins you need, so seriously dude if you do nothing else - please eat something other than apples. Green leaf veg like curly kale and broccoli is good for calcium and vitamin C, carrots are good for vitamin a, oranges for vitamin c, as are raspberries and strawberries, and basically any berry, plus they are all good for your fibre intake.

yesterdays diary (green day)...

breakfast:
28g porridge oats made with water
fat free yoghurt
strawberries
frozen mixed berries
apple

in one bowl
coffee... with skimmed milk taken from the 350mls I measure out each day and use thru the day

snack: banana, two mandarins

(I was in and out of classes all day and get low blood sugar and need to have little often eating)

late lunch:
shakshuka: tomatoes, egg, leeks, mushrooms, plain tofu on baked potato with low fat cottage cheese (as HXA... because in Aus we can't get the free one so... I guessed the small amount I had was equiv to another low fat something cheesy on the list)

snack: a few artichokes in vinegar 2x slices low fat cheese

late dinner snack: fat free yoghurt with pineapple, watermelon, apple

two weightwatchers bars 4.5 syns each

two hot choc drinks made with water 1.5 syns each (total 12syns)

Any clues? Its a GREEN day... thank you :)

if you're using the milk as hexa and lf cottage cheese as hexa, thats your 2 for the day, whats the syns od the 2 slices of LF cheese?

and where's your dinner?

otherwise, your lunch looks interesting, loads of SF, well done xx

why don';t you start your own food diary thread in food diary section, might get more feed back

good luck xx

Sunshine me up said:
breakfast:
28g porridge oats made with water
fat free yoghurt
strawberries
frozen mixed berries
apple

in one bowl
coffee... with skimmed milk taken from the 350mls I measure out each day and use thru the day

snack: banana, two mandarins

(I was in and out of classes all day and get low blood sugar and need to have little often eating)

late lunch:
shakshuka: tomatoes, egg, leeks, mushrooms, plain tofu on baked potato with low fat cottage cheese (as HXA... because in Aus we can't get the free one so... I guessed the small amount I had was equiv to another low fat something cheesy on the list)

snack: a few artichokes in vinegar 2x slices low fat cheese

late dinner snack: fat free yoghurt with pineapple, watermelon, apple

two weightwatchers bars 4.5 syns each

two hot choc drinks made with water 1.5 syns each (total 12syns)

Any clues? Its a GREEN day... thank you :)

I doubt the cottage cheese would have enough calcium to be a heA, so you'd be better synning it and using the low fat cheese as your second A or B

Hi thanks

The online green diary lets you have cheese as a) and b)...

to be honest the cottage cheese was so low fat and i had so little i was just being extra careful putting it as a HX.. think it would with syns still be within limits... plus i didnt eat it all as i didnt enjoy the taste...

no dinner... had dinner as late lunch and then lighter meal of fruit and yoghurt later as in late...

Ok I have started to write a food diary. I use to use the online one but this just seems easier. Im gonna mix up my meals a little and see if theres a change. probably gonna wait 2 weeks before posting results. oh and i have started taking multi vitamin tablets.

Ryantcb said:
Ok I have started to write a food diary. I use to use the online one but this just seems easier. Im gonna mix up my meals a little and see if theres a change. probably gonna wait 2 weeks before posting results. oh and i have started taking multi vitamin tablets.

Well done

Well done on starting a food diary. I am sure members will be able to give you tips along the way.

The thing to remember with superfree food, it is there to limit your food intake of the other free foods at meal times.

for instance, imagine you make yourself chicken and chips. If you have a plate of just chicken and chips, you will have a bigger portion of both of those items usually, as you will fill your plate. If however you put a 1/3 superfree on your plate first, you have less room to pile it up with the other foods.

Of course they are all free foods, it is just that superfree are less calories and higher satiety.

If of course you eat just the chicken and chips piled high on a plate and then eat a load of fruit afterwards, it kind of defeats the object of what superfree is about.

Maybe im wrong but although apples are superfree foods i dont think you should be eating 7! :eek:

Mix up your snacks, plenty of fruit to choose from, bananas are filling include one insted of an apple.

Use up at least 5 syns, in snacks or with meals, it really does help.

In agreement with this as I think 7 apples is over doing it a tad! An average apple is 95 calories, so you are consuming nearly 700 cals alone on this snack!! Also, although free they are particulary high in natural sugar (carbs) At the end of the day you have to burn of more calories than consumed to lose weight.

If you were to eat more at meal times by filling up on free/superfree foods you shouldn't really be hungry to need to snack 7 times through the day on apples! Just a thought! Also, you will feel more full if you ate a protein snack such as some chicken/ham with small side salad or piece of fruit like a plum (only 30cals)

Good luck this week hun, and stick with it! Try varying your meals as much as possible.

Back