2 weeks and no change?

I eat so many apples out of boredom. Seriously when at home out of habit I just open the cupboard or fridge to find something to snack on. Even when not hungry it really is just boredom and/or habit. The thing is I've change looking for sweets, biscuits or bread to apples and grapes. I know 7 is a lot but better it apples than chocolate bars right? And the fact that it's 700 calories a day shouldn't be a factor as SW say you can eat as much as you like. The entire SW concept becomes no more than a calorie counting diet if I have to start counting the calories if the free and super free foods. I just got some of those mug shots too, those tomato n herb pasta ones are free and tasty but I bet I shouldn't have more that 1 of the a day huh?
Thanks for all your support really does help :)

Sent from my iPad2 using MiniMins

I do see your point - 7 apples is better than 7 chocolate bars BUT SW do not say eat as much as you want if free foods, they say eat as much as you need to feel full. A very important distinction. So if you are just eating the apples out of habit not hunger then you aren't following the plan properly i'm afraid. Whilst 7 apples is better than 7 chocolate bars, its not better than say 4 apples, if thats how many you need to feel full. The other 3 are pointless.

I eat so many apples out of boredom. Seriously when at home out of habit I just open the cupboard or fridge to find something to snack on. Even when not hungry it really is just boredom and/or habit. The thing is I've change looking for sweets, biscuits or bread to apples and grapes. I know 7 is a lot but better it apples than chocolate bars right? And the fact that it's 700 calories a day shouldn't be a factor as SW say you can eat as much as you like. The entire SW concept becomes no more than a calorie counting diet if I have to start counting the calories if the free and super free foods. I just got some of those mug shots too, those tomato n herb pasta ones are free and tasty but I bet I shouldn't have more that 1 of the a day huh?
Thanks for all your support really does help :)

Sent from my iPad2 using MiniMins

Even though slimming world is not a calorie counting diet, you kinda have to be mindful. things like muller lights (about 100 calories each) and mugshots (200-250 calories each) are free, but i could easily go through 5 or 6 of the yoghurts a day, and maybe 2-3 mugshots....thats about 1200 calories just from snacking.

Eating out of boredom is bad~ i would suggest trying to find something to keep you distracted- maybe going out for a walk or something? I find if i'm doing something energetic (even if it is just a quiet walk around the block, or an hour on the wii fit) i'm not as tempted to eat.

Yes, things like apples are better for you than chocolate bars- but too much of anything is a bad thing. My consultant only told me to eat when i was hungry- and i had to work on differentiating between hunger and boredom. Now i can do that successfully, and i feel bored, i do something to keep myself busy.

The point of SW is to help us develop a healthy relationship with food- to help stop comfort/boredom eating and be able to eat the right things at the right time (aka when we're hungry) and still be able to have the odd splurge.

I started off the same, i ate a lot of fruit (an excessive amount) and i found that my weight loss had halted- but when i managed to develop a healthy relationship with food, my weighloss soon got back into big numbers

Back