2 weeks of the CD - Doublemum!!!

doublemum

Well here goes!!!

Day 1 -

Just been to the shop to buy a few bottles of water instead of my usual can of coke, crisps & chocolate! Was cheaper i have to say!
I'm very excited about this but at the same time a bit scared of failing like i have with all my other attempts to lose weight, but i am gonna give this my best shot, think thats all i can do!
I have got such rubbish willpower i am worried i am gonna crack at the first hurdle of hunger. Just keep drinking the water i guess.
Sat at work with my 2 cartons of drink & bottles of water staring at me. I'm sure people at work will think i've gone mad (or ill) as i'm not gonna be stuffing my face all day.
Well back to the water & work i suppose :p

Lorraine xx

Starting weight 20.9lbs

Last edited:
Hey Double mum,the first thing you have to do is to stop rubbishing yourself. If you tell yourself you have no willpower you are already preparing yourself for failure. You do have willpower, everyone does, it is just a case of choosing to use it. You used it this morning when you bought water not junk - see, you are doing it already! One day at a time honey, that's all you need to do. We are all here for you, post away, I promise it really helps! Love

Hi Lorraine!

I agree with Barb (although I'm guilty of doing it myself!), don't rubbish yourself - you're going to succeed - you are, you are, you are!!!!! If you want it badly enough then you will! Well done on stocking up on loads of water - you'll need it! Drink as much as you can and the weight will just fall off you!

You've taken the first step towards the new you - good luck with the rest! Post on here as much as possible - I find that the support you receive here it amazing! I think that I would have 'fallen' many a time if it wasn't for the people on here!

Good luck and let us know how you're getting on!

Sarah x

Morning Doublemum!

You have made the decicion to do this - and you will! Just think about how you will look and feel as the weight drops away! Think positive!

This is my affirmation for today which I think may suit you:

'Don't be diverted from your purpose, if you were sure enough to start, be sure enough to finish!'

Looking forward to tracking your successes here.

Have a brilliant day!

Hiya Doublemum,

You wont fall off the wagon, trust me and believe in yourself.
Posting on here really does help! I should now Ive posted 161 times so far!!!!
Im now on day 28 and its going good, Just take it a day at a time, yes the first 4/5 are hard but look at what you can get out of this! Its the closest anyone will get to waking up thin! (that used to be my dream, that I would wake up and miraculously be a size 10!)
You can do this, and we are all behind you, just think of the scales going down!!!
Hugs for your first day, thinking of you
Vx

Hi Lorraine
Firstly well done on taking the decision on doing a VLCD! You have taken the first steps to being the weight you want to be! Yes it is hard to start with, but we are all here to help and advise you! You can do this Lorraine! You deserve to be slim and you will be slim! Good luck on your weight loss journey! You will never regret it!
Have a wonderfull day and keep us all posted on your progress!

HI

Good luck with your journey, keep drinking the water and you'll be fine. The first few days will be the toughest, after that it'll all seem very routine. Once you see the numbers on the scales dropping there'll be no way you'll give it up:D

Keep us posted with your progress, and remember we're here to listen to the good and bad!

Well here goes!!!

Day 1 -

Just been to the shop to buy a few bottles of water instead of my usual can of coke, crisps & chocolate! Was cheaper i have to say!
I'm very excited about this but at the same time a bit scared of failing like i have with all my other attempts to lose weight, but i am gonna give this my best shot, think thats all i can do!
I have got such rubbish willpower i am worried i am gonna crack at the first hurdle of hunger. Just keep drinking the water i guess.
Sat at work with my 2 cartons of drink & bottles of water staring at me. I'm sure people at work will think i've gone mad (or ill) as i'm not gonna be stuffing my face all day.
Well back to the water & work i suppose :p

Lorraine xx

Starting weight 20.9lbs

Hi Lorraine! Welcome on board to the world of VLCD! You have nothing to worry about on the willpower front, once you see your big loss after your first week, you'll want to stick it through. Just make sure you drink the recommended amount of water and you have all packs and you'll be flying!! Under no circumstance should you give into temptation (yes I know its easier said than done) but believe you me, the easiest & best way to suceed on the diet is to not cheat. You'll get to your goal quicker that way! Good luck on your journey and I look forward to hearing about your fantastic loss.. and also your trials and tribulations.. those will sure come :)

hi!

i have just found your diary and GOOD LUCK i am on my day 1 evening with hunger pains but i am not going to give up!

Good morning to day 3!!

Well, i don't like to say it but other than my 1st day, i'm feeling not too bad!
I wasn't looking forward to yesterday being at home with the family, but it was ok!! My partner took the kids to mcdonalds & i stayed home & had a veg soup :eek: I made a choccie pack into a cake (sortof) last night & it made such a difference actually eating something.
I had a sneaky peek on my scales this morning & was very surprised which has spurred me on even more to carry on with this mad diet!
I so want to do this, it is gonna be difficult especially with having to feed the rest of the family but i must just keep it in my head that when i reach my goal weight they will all be so proud of me & i'll be able to run around with my children instead of being the fat mum just sitting & watching! More importantly i'll be proud of myself!!!:D

I have to say a big thank you to you all for replying to my post especially the one i posted on friday when i was struggling!!

Lorraine xx

Well dont on getting to day 3, like cheb says it may be a tough one but come through this and you will be sailing, we are all here for support and when you stuggle just shout.
Kepp up the excellent work.
Vx

Well done, you have a good range of solid reasons to do this and keep doing it till it's done. That is vital for your success. You are on your way! Hugs

Well done Lorraine on being strong! Every day you stick to SS you will feel more empowered! You can do it Lorriane!
It won't be long now and you will be in Ketosis then Whooooosh the weight just drops off!
Have a great day and keep being strong!

wow! how time flies... day 3 already!! I remember reading posts telling us about your start date. Glad to hear you're doing really well. Keep going hun ;)

WOW how pleased am i with myself!!!!:D

I've just sat and had a choclate muffin & ice cream made from the choccie velvet carton, whilst my family tucked into a roast dinner that I had cooked for them!!

I even managed to throw leftovers away instead of me being the dustbin usually!

It was hard, i could've quite easily had a roastie potato but i didn't, so i'm chuffed!!!

I really hope this stays this good, because with the amount of weight i have to lose i must stick at it!!

Here's to a good day at work tomorrow!!!

Lorraine xx

Day 4

Not looking forward to today!!! Back at work & usually munch all day long so am a bit nervous. But hopefully having had a good weekend & proving i can do it will keep me strong!
Woken up with a mouth like the bottom of a bird cage so used a ketostix & looks like i'm just about in ketosis so hopefully now i'll start feeling a bit better!
Fingers crossed!!

Day 4
Woken up with a mouth like the bottom of a bird cage so used a ketostix & looks like i'm just about in ketosis so hopefully now i'll start feeling a bit better!
Fingers crossed!!

It should start getting better from now on:) .. hang in there!

Back