20 somethings

Claree__x said:
Yeah it all looks really interesting! I'm sure I'll be bored of it in a few months' time but all the people are great too.

That's fab! Half the battle is the other staff, sure you'll be really happy there!

The job may get boring but aslong as the people are great then it makes it better, glad you had a good day x

Oh Clare I'm glad it went well hun. :) you'll have your boyzone mug there in no time :)

I don't do much online shopping for clothes for me because i never know what size to buy and if it will suit me. I get loads of stuff for Nate from vertbaudet because I get sent so many offers. That said I have a dress arriving next week from eBay.

It seems all my leggings have holes in them. Stupid washing machine! I would like to get a couple of knitty dresses too. Mine from last year are too big to get away with now.

Sister (17)-One Direction annual, One Direction calendar and Little Mix's Ready to fly book.

Sister (12)-Miley Cyrus-Can't be Tamed piano book and possibly Despicable me on dvd...unless I can find something better.

Mum -Rod Stewart autobiography, a personalised family calendar (with pics from our hols this year), A Donny and Marie Osmond CD (I'm taking her to see them in January...got her the tix for her 50th in July there) and a voucher for the beauty studio down the road.

Stepdad, Dad and his girlfriend are still a mystery! Men are SO hard to buy for. I just really want to be organised, plus I haven't got much work lined up at the minute so I want to make sure I get everyone sorted while I've money! Nightmare.

Hello everyone your all so lovey :D hehe.

I love that third sparkly dress btw, DEFINITELY go or that one!! Xxx

Jenna88 said:
Sister (17)-One Direction annual, One Direction calendar and Little Mix's Ready to fly book.

Sister (12)-Miley Cyrus-Can't be Tamed piano book and possibly Despicable me on dvd...unless I can find something better.

Mum -Rod Stewart autobiography, a personalised family calendar (with pics from our hols this year), A Donny and Marie Osmond CD (I'm taking her to see them in January...got her the tix for her 50th in July there) and a voucher for the beauty studio down the road.

Stepdad, Dad and his girlfriend are still a mystery! Men are SO hard to buy for. I just really want to be organised, plus I haven't got much work lined up at the minute so I want to make sure I get everyone sorted while I've money! Nightmare.

Wow Jenna you are way organised! Im always a last minute sort of girl! I have literally bought two things and that the girls main presents which is a bike each, they want furbys but guess how much they are now?!?! I'm guessing you all remember furbys, well there are 60 quid now!! Can you believe that?! So If I got them one each that would be 120 quid on furbys. Ridiculous!
I agree on men, everyone except my dad, my dad is covered in tattoos, it's where I get my love for tats from, so I normally book him a few hours of ink and that's him sorted x

I had a furby baby...much nicer colours than a normal furby haha. They were talking about Furbies on the radio today, saying the main difference between them now and then is their eyes. I think they said they're LCD so that the furby can show a wider range of emotion (I can't believe I've just typed that). God, you ladies must be out a fortune at Christmas with kiddiewinkles to pay for...must be worth it though to see their wee faces on Xmas morn!

god i need to get my arse in gear! finally managed to find time today to restart 30 day shred and I could only manage half of it :( first exercise i've done since my hospital stay for my asthma attacks and started getting a bit too out of breath and got scared so stopped! need to push through it next time. think id feel better if mike was here but he is out. at least if i know he is here to help me if i need it i might be a bit more daring!

sorry ive done a disappearing act last few days, just been snowed under and haven't had time to catch up on all the posts in here! Will try and go back and read through asap! hope everyone is well and sticking to plan better than me- wouldnt be hard right now lol x

Eeek don't be so hard on yourself Scarlett, you've had a scare, I can guarantee I would have stopped a lot sooner than you did. Take it easy and work up to completing the whole thing. Doing a little bit is better than doing nothing at all.
Aww, have you fallen off plan a bit? It can be soooo hard at times, if you need a kick up the a$$ or just some support we're here :D

yeah true, better doing a little than none at all. thanks for that :)
yeah get back on each day and fall off by the end! started every day this week with good intentions, but it gets to about half 3 and i eat every piece of crap i can find! especially hard with all the halloween chocs and sweets around, and the boys i look after have no shortage of those! their parents bought 3 multipack bags of mini choc bars to give out, they had a grand total of 8 trick or treaters so theres shed loads left hanging around!
I bought the new sw mag yesterday so i think this weekend I will buy stuff for the menu plan in the mag and follow it for a week. maybe mixing it up a bit and trying some new things will help get my enthusiasm back! im terrible though, all the time i have something to slim for (so far this year- holiday, birthday, brothers wedding) I do really well but as soon as the big events are over I pig out. Dont get me wrong I havent gone totally back to how I was before joining, but since getting my one stone award (bearing in mind target is my 1.5stone award and i got my 1st in march!) ive been yoyoing like nobodies business! def need a kick up the backside!

Last edited:
I'd definitely go down the route of something new (coming from the most repetitive eater ever haha)

I've been mixing it up a little this week...tried Linda McCartney sausages, have had a couple of days without my beloved shreddies for breakfast and have been trying not to be OVERLY repetitive with what I eat. I have to say I've enjoyed it and it's nice finding new things that you like. It keeps it interesting but it is really hard to get the motivation to go and do it when it's so easy to stick to what you know.

You can do it, I'm feeling your pain with the last half stone issue...bane of my life right now but we will get there :)

Have you tried to count up the syns you've consumed so far? Maybe you'll be able to do some damage control?

Jenna said it all really. Remember sw does bronze silver and gold awards so that you build up the exercise rather than going nuts.

I had prawn stir fry. It was so yummy. I tend to cook my stirfry veg until they are all limp and squishy, I just prefer it. I've used 4 syns so far but dunno what to use the 6 syns left on, curly wurly, 2 hifi lights or an aero biscuit (5 syns). Still hungry so im going to have fruit and yogurt (had half an Apple, a pear and some grapes so far)

How is that even a question, Fran? OBVIOUSLY go for the amazingly scrummy hifi bars (omg I've become a feeder...since I can't enjoy them without demolishing the box I'm now encouraging others to haha)

I'm the same when making stir fry, I like the veg soft. It used to be one of my main meals when I started SW and I hadn't had it in months until yesterday (as I've been trying to mix it up this week I went for it) and have to say it was nowhere near as good as I remember...kind of gutted as it's so quick and easy to make.

yeah I might have a go at totting up todays syns but im a bit scared of the total! now i weigh on a thursday morning i have a fresh batch so to speak, however i will be off plan tomorrow night as we are out for a meal for our anniversary, and ive decided that life is too short to be worrying about what dish has the least syns in, when its a special occasion i just want to be able to have what i fancy and enjoy a lovely evening with my man :)
i might just go from saturday with 70 syns for the rest of the week. sounds alot with 2 off plan days but its a heck of a lot less than the weekly total ive been consuming lately!

Ooh mine was lush. Onion, garlic, fresh ginger (lots), peppers, mushrooms, cabbage, green beans, courgette, coriander, noodles, curry powder, chilli, soy sauce, lime juice and an egg. Soo good.

Lol, yeah those rocky roads are lethal. I might go for those. I don't have stir fry often as mum moans, but when I make it she always wants some. Having chicken curry tomorrow mmm. I know what you mean about mixing things up. Got to say this month's magazine planner is pretty sucky. I usually like doing them.

Watching yesterday's doctors and a woman is killing herself with cake. Ha.

Back