20 somethings

That's amazing CH2b - what a great start! Well done you! Good luck for the week ahead :)

And Jenna - as I've said on your page - that post holiday loss is aweseome!

Good luck for tonight Sammy - hope WI goes well.

I've definitely got 1lb off but I'm hoping to get 10.9 in the morning - having a single figure next to the 10 will be amazing! xx

Managed to lose 6lbs so I'm really chuffed as that's my holiday weight shifted and my 3 stone award back! I imagine my loss was so good simply because I'd been eating crap on holiday for 4 weeks so a drastic changed kicked my body up the backside :)

Well done at losing your holiday weight!

I go on holiday in six weeks and whilst I'm planning on relaxing the food a little I hope I don't gain too much and am quick to get it off again like you!

eek! got on the scale this morning and not only has the 3 and 1/2lbs stayed off an extra 2 and 1/2 went with it so im now 6lbs down even after beer festival and kebab :D

Fantastic! Well done!

I'll vouch the diet can still be followed with a kebab. I treat myself to a kebab every Wednesday night on the way home from weigh in and am still managing to lose well :)

Hey everyone

Been away from the forums for a bit just due to being busy but getting back into them. Lost 5.5 lbs over 3 weeks. Bit slower than I would like but step in right direction.

Consultant had a look at my diary for last week and she reckons I am not eating enough free foods. So going to try and up them this week. Im not really sure how to incorporate them though as I eat a lot of fruit and veg and this fills up lots of my plate. Mainly for dinner I have chicken and veg as I dont eat a lot of pasta, rice etc.

Any tips on how to top up my free food would be good :)

Hey dream,

Welcome back! 5.5lbs across 3 weeks is still pretty good. I've had a few weeks of STS so I've averaged at 1.5lbs a week over the last 16 weeks (can't believe I've been on SW for that long - never ever stuck to a diet for more than a month or so before!!). It doesn't sound like a lot every week but it's all in the right direction and pushing you towards goal. Today I'm wearing some size 12 trousers I've had in my wardrobe for 3/4 years and they've never fitted before!

Do you have a food diary on here? I'm sure we can offer you some advice if we know what a typical day for you is like. Maybe things like baked beans would be a way of topping up? Or wrapping your chicken in lean bacon to have with veg? Eggs are free too so veggie frittatas/omelettes could help...xx

Hey everyone

Been away from the forums for a bit just due to being busy but getting back into them. Lost 5.5 lbs over 3 weeks. Bit slower than I would like but step in right direction.

Consultant had a look at my diary for last week and she reckons I am not eating enough free foods. So going to try and up them this week. Im not really sure how to incorporate them though as I eat a lot of fruit and veg and this fills up lots of my plate. Mainly for dinner I have chicken and veg as I dont eat a lot of pasta, rice etc.

Any tips on how to top up my free food would be good :)

Which plan are you following? EE, Green, Red...

I am suprised they have told you to have more free food (I can understand more super free) so I am guessing it's about variety...but it sounds like generally you're doing a good job and 5.5lbs is a good loss so you should be please with that.

Hey dream,

Welcome back! 5.5lbs across 3 weeks is still pretty good. I've had a few weeks of STS so I've averaged at 1.5lbs a week over the last 16 weeks (can't believe I've been on SW for that long - never ever stuck to a diet for more than a month or so before!!). It doesn't sound like a lot every week but it's all in the right direction and pushing you towards goal. Today I'm wearing some size 12 trousers I've had in my wardrobe for 3/4 years and they've never fitted before!

Do you have a food diary on here? I'm sure we can offer you some advice if we know what a typical day for you is like. Maybe things like baked beans would be a way of topping up? Or wrapping your chicken in lean bacon to have with veg? Eggs are free too so veggie frittatas/omelettes could help...xx

I also thinks these tips about baked beans or wrapping your chicken in the lean bacon and omeletts/frittatas are really good.

@miss_corset - wow, great news about the trousers, you must feel so good!! You've done really well in the time you have been following SW. I am not a very quick loser generally so am only losing about 1lb a week average but that's still 52lbs in a year (or 3st 10lb in a year which sounds much more impressive to me!) so have to agree with you that sometimes weekly it might not feel much but it's all going in the right direction which is off to never be seen again :)

@miss_corset - wow, great news about the trousers, you must feel so good!! You've done really well in the time you have been following SW. I am not a very quick loser generally so am only losing about 1lb a week average but that's still 52lbs in a year (or 3st 10lb in a year which sounds much more impressive to me!) so have to agree with you that sometimes weekly it might not feel much but it's all going in the right direction which is off to never be seen again :)

Thanks StarGir1! Totally agree that 3st 10lbs definitely sounds impressive! I had a total of 2st 9lbs to lose and I've got exactly 1st of that left so am hoping to get it all off within 6 months. I've been measuring too and have lost a total of 25" from upper arms, thighs, chest, waist and hips, which is why there's now a real difference in my clothes. Even weeks when I've STS, I've still lost cms.

I feel a million dollars strutting round the office in these black trousers today - they are just so gorgeously fitted. Love them! (Luckily they're a really classic cut or they would have gone out of fashion already!!)

xx

Thanks StarGir1! Totally agree that 3st 10lbs definitely sounds impressive! I had a total of 2st 9lbs to lose and I've got exactly 1st of that left so am hoping to get it all off within 6 months. I've been measuring too and have lost a total of 25" from upper arms, thighs, chest, waist and hips, which is why there's now a real difference in my clothes. Even weeks when I've STS, I've still lost cms.

I feel a million dollars strutting round the office in these black trousers today - they are just so gorgeously fitted. Love them! (Luckily they're a really classic cut or they would have gone out of fashion already!!)

xx

Oh yeah it does and that is what I have to keep reminding myself of :)

Your inch loss is amazing!!!!!!!!!! You must be getting so many comments at work or even from people who know you saying how good you must be looking as I bet they're noticing the weight loss.

I have only measured myself once and I plan to do it every other week and I am also taking photos each week so I can see the changes I hope to have.

I am so jealous of you guys who have been on or are about to go on holiday, I really really want a sunny beach holiday but I don't feel confident about going overseas alone and I know I could go in the UK and wouldn't mind doing that alone but it's not the same as you just don't get the weather and I know I'd end up in Cornwall as I love it there but I just want a lazy, reading a book all day, warm holiday and that means flying x

Aww thanks lovely. Yeah people are definitely starting to notice now. And I feel so much more confident - I think I'm going to feel good in a swimsuit on holiday for the first time in my life! Not a bikini this year - have gone tummy control one piece instead - but still, it's a huge difference from last year!

Taking photos each week is a brilliant idea! I wish I'd done that. Measuring has been fab though - still can't believe how much has come off. Sometimes I still can't see it when I look in the mirror but when you see the gap between 2 measurements on the tape measure it reminds you how far you've come.

How about booking yourself into a spa for a few days? Could be in this country then but there would be lots of places you could chill out and read a book and people watch!

xx

aww id love a holiday abroad aswell but since my OH cant get a passport atm id have to go alone too lol not that i can afford it with saving for wedding but would be nice lol

@Miss_Corset thats great that you can fit into old trousers, i have some clothes that ive kept in the hope that one day they will fit so we will see lol your doing great so far!

I think its better to lose slowly anyway if you dont have too much to lose as it will slow down even more when you get closer to target anyway and if youve been losing 1lb or so at a time then that should be consistent right down to the end rather than if your losing 3-5lbs a week or more and then when you get closer to target it drops to 1lb or something it might be discouraging

Lost another pound this week so 14 stone 2! Hopefully not long until I'm in the 13's! 1 more pound to my stone and a half award and 2 more pounds to my club 10 award! :) so pleased! Xx

sammyb1985 said:
Lost another pound this week so 14 stone 2! Hopefully not long until I'm in the 13's! 1 more pound to my stone and a half award and 2 more pounds to my club 10 award! :) so pleased! Xx

That's fab! Well done :) xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Miss_Corset said:
That's fab! Well done :) xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Thanks hunny! Xx

You doing great Sammy! Well done!

I would love a beach holiday abroad too (and I'm not a sun-worshipper by any stretch, but this lack of summer we've been getting makes me feel meh!) but, alas, not to be! A week in a caravan in Haggerston Castle with my two girls and my parents hahaha.

Congrats Sammy - that is still good and you are so close to those next awards you'll not be tempted to stray and will get them next week.

A spa break would be really nice but I would feel too self conscious with my weight to do that. I think it's because I do so much around the house and would just like a break, I would love a week or even two if I was really lucky where someone else does the cleaning, cooking etc and I don't have to lift a finger unless I want to :)

@bubblewrap - your holiday still sounds nice, I do enjoy a caravan holiday. I have some good memories of that kind of break and BBQ's of an evening before a walk by the sea.

sammy thats great, so close to those next awards hopefully be there next week!

bubble, cant beat a good caravan holiday, my family have owned caravans all our lives so im used to it, probs be where i have my honeymoon in tenby as i cant afford anything else lol will probably save for an abroad holiday as our first anniversary if we are lucky lol

aww star maybe you should do a weekend caravan break if you like them, maybe go with friends or alone

It's been lovely here in dorset again today. i wish i could have a lazy reading day but my son is 16 months, and now i have a 22 month old and 36 month old to wrestle with for a few days too (eep!) at least my body magic will be totting up!!!

Well done on everyone's losses, they are great. I measure mini goals too sammy. 1lb to get into the next stone bracket, or 2.5lbs to get my 3.5 stone award.

Brave keeping up with all the babies lol should be good excercise though x

Back