20 somethings

Franalamadingdong said:
It's been lovely here in dorset again today. i wish i could have a lazy reading day but my son is 16 months, and now i have a 22 month old and 36 month old to wrestle with for a few days too (eep!) at least my body magic will be totting up!!!

Well done on everyone's losses, they are great. I measure mini goals too sammy. 1lb to get into the next stone bracket, or 2.5lbs to get my 3.5 stone award.

Wow you'll be there in no time hunny! I can't wait to get into the 13's! Ben has got the 30 day shred for me and I keep wanting to start it, but from everything everyone says about it on here I'm a bit scared to lol! I've told ben he has to be here hen I do in case I can't pick jack up to sort him out afterwards! Really want to lose those inches though so got to get it sorted. Xx

lol its really not that bad after a few days you get used to it

Jenna88 said:
It's ok, as long as you don't value the ability to sit down or bend. Swear to god, I actually wanted to cry when I had to go to the loo...literally had to fall back on to it haha! Really need to get my finger out and do it!

Haha thanks! :-$ think I'm going to bite the bullet and start it today!! Xx

lol i was fine but then im normally like a cripple everyday i work anyway since i have a prob with my spine to im use to hobbling around in agony lol sitting on the toilet is the only time i feel relief from pain lol

Hi I'm Amy, 25 and I've lost 29.5lb so far. Only 70.5lb to go. I want to start the 30 day shred in 5 weeks when I move into my own place, tried it where I live now and my flat mates boyf just laughed at me so shelved it for the time being. Is it really that bad? Do I need to start it when on my hols from work? Just in case I really cannot move!

Hey Amy! Congrats on the loss so far, don't listen to other people do your thing, people can be so insensitive!

I may just be particularly lazy/out of shape but when I started it I genuinely thought I was going to die in those first three days due to the pain in my legs and bum! I am probably just being a drama queen but if it were me I wouldn't be starting it again during a working week as I know I'd be miserable!

Lol 30DS isn't that bad, it is tough though but you can just do it at a level that works for you. I could not keep up with them (even the slow one!) but I just did my best even though I have been building up my fitness with regular gym/swim/classes but I guess, like she says half way through, if you want to work out for 'only' 20 minutes you have to make it count and she sure does make it count. I have had to stop it as on Doctors orders I can not do any exercise for at least 2 weeks until my injury has had time to get better...it's really frustrating though as I want to do something as I feel a bit restless.

I have weigh in tomorrow but still can't walk normally and can't drive so not sure if I will be able to get there but I am worried I will have a gain after two takeaways at the weekend and the strong painkillers are making my IBS play up so I feel really bloated too.

@CH2B - my boyf also has problems with his spine so I know how tough that can be so even bigger well done for trying to do the exercise and following SW as I know in the long term the less pressure on your spine the less pain you are likely to suffer with. Sadly he won't follow SW with me and he really does need to lose weight but you can not force someone to do this but his cannot get better so will only get worse so I really wish he would try to lose weight to slow down the deteriation in the long run. It's frustrating though as it impacts out relationship and his confidence in general so all I can do is be there and hope as I lose weight it will make him see he doesn't have to go hungry and hopfully he will feel more confident about making those changes.

Also welcome Amy. You've had a great loss so far. I would rather do it without anyone watching anyway as I feel a bit silly doing it and it's a real good workout which means getting hot and sweaty but you should be fine, I was a bit achey the next day but it's worth it if it means losing the inches for me but don't let other people put you off, you go for it!!! Maybe if there is a time when they aren't around you could do it then or could you do it in your room?

Welcome Amy! You're doing fab so far! :D

Star - ye it cripples me sometimes when im working as I stand all day for 9 hours and they refuse to give me a chair unless a doctor writes something but doctors are useless and when I can get in they just keep trying to fob it off as a knotted muscle, I didnt realise a muscle could be knotted for ten years but hey maybe I know nothing lol I still carry on doing shred though because I know it actually makes a difference so even if I end up in a wheelchair at least I will be thinner by then

My bf wont follow sw either hes about 14st 10 and he has lost a few lbs last week just from eating normal :/ annoys me that does when im working so hard for it and hes doing nothing yet losing lol he will go on the treadmill though so thats something

Bubble welcome, you have done great so far, like others have said maybe do it while both are out if this is possible, I wont even let my OH watch me I send him upstairs for half hour lol

Sorry that last bit was for amy, last post read was bubbles so had that in my mind lol

didn't start the 30DS yesterday, been getting stomach pains so waiting until i've seen the doctor on friday before I start something that could potentially cause more harm than good right now.

Jack got weighed today and he's 14lbs 5oz! In the 17 weeks since I've had him I've lost 2 stone 13lbs (1 stone 6lbs on slimming world) so i've lost the equivelent of just under THREE Jacks! lol! xx

Star - ye it cripples me sometimes when im working as I stand all day for 9 hours and they refuse to give me a chair unless a doctor writes something but doctors are useless and when I can get in they just keep trying to fob it off as a knotted muscle, I didnt realise a muscle could be knotted for ten years but hey maybe I know nothing lol I still carry on doing shred though because I know it actually makes a difference so even if I end up in a wheelchair at least I will be thinner by then

My bf wont follow sw either hes about 14st 10 and he has lost a few lbs last week just from eating normal :/ annoys me that does when im working so hard for it and hes doing nothing yet losing lol he will go on the treadmill though so thats something

Doctors can be rubbish and they just don't listen but good luck, it's worth sticking to the plan and exercise to strengthen it as every little helps in the long run.

That is so typical isn't it, he doesn't try but loses some but you have to try, well at least you are looking after him and that's great for you both long term.
didn't start the 30DS yesterday, been getting stomach pains so waiting until i've seen the doctor on friday before I start something that could potentially cause more harm than good right now.

Jack got weighed today and he's 14lbs 5oz! In the 17 weeks since I've had him I've lost 2 stone 13lbs (1 stone 6lbs on slimming world) so i've lost the equivelent of just under THREE Jacks! lol! xx

You did the right thing, no point doing exercise if you are ill as you need to be well to look after Jack and wow what an amazing comparison :) I bet you really feel lighter and have more energy for it even with the little one keeping you up x

Yeah loads more energy than I did have and don't get out of breath quite so easily. I look a lot better than i did before when i'm dressed because i can wear flattering clothes, but when i'm in the nuddie i really can't see where i've lost the weight, i'm the same shape as i was, so want to do the dvd to tone me up. i've already lost 3 inches from my bust, 3 inches from my waist and 2 inches from my hips in the last 8 weeks so hoping those losses will increase once i can do the dvd. xx

Just checking in quickly here girls. Weighed in tonight at group and got another 2 1/2 lbs off. Only one more to my 2stone award! :D Not bad for ten weeks!

Just checking in quickly here girls. Weighed in tonight at group and got another 2 1/2 lbs off. Only one more to my 2stone award! :D Not bad for ten weeks!

Congratulations - great loss this week :) Fingers crossed you get your next award next week and all this in 10 weeks - WOW!

congrats bubble thats amazing! and in just ten weeks! the people on here are inspirational and the weight losses are motivating :)

Have been able to get a lift so am going to group tonight....am not looking forward to it as have eaten really badly on three and a half day, the painkillers I am having to take are knackering my digestive system so I feel really bloated, that time of the month and haven't been able to do any exercise but I guess it's better to face it and start afresh but I do feel really nervous, I just hope I don't have too big a gain. I will be thankful to see the back of this week lol

I just want to get that first stone off but I am finding it hard as I have no support at home and am too easily tempted when an option to not cook is given to me even though I have planned meals etc. I have been at this 10ft deep brick wall for a couple of weeks and I won't give up but I really need to get my head back in the right place.

On a positive note I have discovered just how amazing Shape Delights Rhubarb Crumble yogurts are and only 1/2 syn each :) I could eat just those and nothing else they are that good

Aww you've got us for support, im at my folks this weekend in wales so I fully expect to gain back those 6lbs lol good luck tonight, you never know it may suprise you x

Thanks Hun, I will be glad when it is out of the way, I hate this waiting around to go but STS would be amazing, 1lb on ok but 2lb or more on and will be annoyed but will get back on track and start losing properly.

Have fun at your parents, a weekend away will be everso nice for you x

Back