20 somethings

CH2b said:
With the amount I have to lose I will be here for a very long time lol 7 stone to start with then wouldnt mind another 2 maybe depending how I look and feel after I reach 11 :)

I'm like that, aiming for 11 but well see lol might even be happy heavier xxx

With the amount I have to lose I will be here for a very long time lol 7 stone to start with then wouldnt mind another 2 maybe depending how I look and feel after I reach 11 :)

I'm like that, aiming for 11 but well see lol might even be happy heavier xxx

Looks like we'll all be here for a while then but at least we can support each other :)

I need to lose 5.5 stone in total to get to the lowest 'acceptable' weight for my height which will take me to 10st. I don't have a particular target in mind so I'll just see how I feel when (fingers crossed) I get there. I think I'll want to aim for around 9 something but I'm not very tall (5'3") so I think the lower 9's will suit me the most.

To be honest all I really want is to be able to walk in to any store and be able to buy whatever I want and not having to worry if it'll fit me. Because of my weight I have avoided pretty much all social situations for the last few years because of the judgement you get from others as I didn't have a weight issue until about 22 as I was always slim before that which in a way makes it harder for me personally so I would like to live again not just exist.

Things are difficult between myself and my boyfriend at the moment so I can see us splitting up soon, and probably already would have if we didn't live together, but one of my biggest motivators is that I'd like to start a family one day and before I do that I want to be healthy so I keep thinking of the bigger things I want from life so when I get tempted to raid the biscuit tin or have a take away because I am tired and that usually keeps me on track xx

Unfortunately i have been overweight since i was 14 and was picked on all through comp and even college i felt like no1 liked me because of my weight and so i ended up dropping out as i didnt feel comfortable spending everyday when no1 wanted to even sit by me :/ i have tried all sorts of diets and nothing really helped or i never had the will power to stick to them but now i have my wedding for motivation and i would like to start a family we have been trying for 2 years now and nothing has happened which is also worrying for me and all doctors say is to lose weight as if its that easy. I know the feeling with the clothes shopping, it is so rare that i buy anything because im just too ashamed and self conscious when buying bigger clothes x

That must have been pretty awful and I can only imagine how it was for you. I hate how people think it's ok to judge someone on their looks as if because you're overweight you don't have feelings or somehow aren't as worthy as someone of a normal weight :mad: I now just buy clothes in supermarkets as they have such a huge selection and pay a the self service check outs to avoid the feeling of being judged based on the size I am buying, isn't it silly the lengths we go to lol

Don't even get me started on Doctors who tell you to lose weight but slimming world does work, there are members of the group I've just left who has lost staggering amounts of weight, one lady has even lost over 2 stone in just 12 weeks so you just have to stick to it and nature, I am sure, will take it's course :)

You must be so excited about the wedding, which month is it booked for? It's great to have such a motivator to keep you going and thinking of the long and happy life you and your hubby to be will have with all the kiddies you want which will only be helped by doing this for you now xx

Its booked for May so 9 months to get fit lol im too self conscious to go try on dresses yet plus i know most shops wont have any in my size so i will feel even worse when i have to be squeezed into a size 16 sample or something and i know i dont have much time left to order a dress so need to lose a fair bit before the end of october if possible lol im grateful in a way that i have grown up being overweight as i know who my true friends are as they have stuck by me through everything and never judged me (there is only 2 though my other 'friend' has ignored me since we left school :/) and i know that my man loves me no matter what as he fell in love with me before he even knew what i looked like (met on yahoo pool lol) and then since we met he never stops telling me how beautiful i am and tells me off when i put myself down, he gives me the confidence i need to get through the day without breaking down :)

hey, i'm new to minimins but have been doing slimming world since January this year. i'm 25 with a 16 month old son. You all seem so nice and I am so sorry for all the rubbish you all seem to have had (i've been reading the whole thread for the past few days!) Hopefully we will all move on to happier slimmer versions of ourselves!

Welcome, ive only just joined minimins myself after a recommendation from someone who is on slimming world. Do you go to a club? Im doing mine alone as i cant afford a club with saving for wedding. You look like your making some great progress so far well done x

Ouch, a lot of my friends are getting married so I know even the cheapest of weddings is so expensive! I do go to group. I asked my GP to refer me for a free membership and 12 weeks free, if you found yourself struggling on your own it is something you could look into. No Dr ever told me to lose weight despite needing to do so all my life. I only knew about the referral scheme (available in some NHS trusts for those with a BMI over 30) because of my mother.

I love going to group, full of old ladies who dote on my little boy! hehe. Such warmth and encouragement too.... and a wee bit of competition. I got told I couldn't join in a competition between a man and woman in my group as to who would get to three stone loss first because I'd never beat them (they both had about 3lbs to go and I had only just got my 2.5stone award). The man who said I couldn't join soon learned not to tell me I can't do something ;) hee hee. And because I've done so well my grandad has sent me £100 for some new clothes!

Hello ladies!
I know I haven't been around much lately, but work is killing me these days! Quick update, my mom arrived safely back home on Sunday morning, things were not that bad, even though she did leave crying (had a really big fight with my brother, we barely saw her the last day, she just got up and left and told me she'd be back home at some point. I really felt bad for her). I talked to her last night but things still don't seem to be good, she was barely speaking, answering only curtly to questions and not really being interested. Sometimes life's a real *****!
Other than that, I gained 0.3 kg this week. I was expecting it to be more, because I cheated twice this week (once was really bad and it was the day that my mom spent crying - talk about comfort eating...) and the other reason is that it's TOM and I always gain around this time.
I have to admit I am not as motivated as I was 2 weeks ago. I mean, no fear, I am still doing it, for the same reasons that I wanted to do it before, but somehow it feels different. I'm not excited to eat my breakfast in the morning, I haven't been here much, I haven't updated my food diary in days. It just all feels a little...grey!
Hope it gets better.

Hope things start to improve with your mum and the weight loss hun x life has a habit of dealing a crap hand sometimes but just keep your chin up and hopefully the excitement of your weightloss will catch back up with you when you start losing again and the family stuff is fixed x

I've been nominated as a semi finalist for woman of the year in my group! Complete shocker, I've only been going 6 weeks lol! Don't think I'll win iras the other woman has lost 6 stone but she never stays to class. We have to say a little about our journey on Monday and how we get the results we have and what motivates us etc and then I think the group decide who gets the award for the group! Will wait and see what Monday brings! Xx

Wow thats amazing in just 6 weeks well done x maybe they will pick u if u spend more time at group and interact with them more than the other woman, how long has it taken for her to lose 6 stone? How much have you lost in 6 weeks? X

CH2b said:
Wow thats amazing in just 6 weeks well done x maybe they will pick u if u spend more time at group and interact with them more than the other woman, how long has it taken for her to lose 6 stone? How much have you lost in 6 weeks? X

I stay to group every week and share recipes and try to help when they don't know where they're going wrong. I've lost 1 stone 4 lbs in the 6 weeks that I've been going to slimming world, but have lost 2 stone 11 lbs in the 15 weeks since my son was born and they all seem really impressed with that too. I think it took her just short of 2 years to lose the 6 stone xx

Well in that case I think you really deserve it hun sounds like your putting alot of effort in not just for yourself but for them all, I would not be suprised at all if you got it and I would certainly vote for you x

Aww thanks so much hunny, that's really lovely of you :) will see what happens and will keep you updated xx

Hey guys,

I've not been here for a bit, it sounds like life has been hard for a lot of people & I hope this week is an okay one for everyone. Welcome to the forum Franalamadingdong!

I put on 3lbs last week but lost 4lbs this week so I'm chuffed especially as I had some major binges (e.g. last night: 3 packs of crisps, a choc bar, an ice cream, 2 dougnuts) and have had a tricky time.

Who else is a Wednesday weigher?

xx

Sammy best of luck hun x :)

Amelie good to see that you got the 3lbs back off and an extra one x I will be a monday weigher when i start, need to borrow my sisters scales as mine decided to pack in so had to set my start date back a week as i dont go to a club x

Sammy well done you!!! I found out today that I have been nominated for group woman of the year. There's another woman who has lost a little less than me and another who has lost 4 stone 9lbs. I think she will win, but mum says she's been doing it for a long time and stuff. Not expecting to win but so sweet of my mum to be encouraging and stunned I was nominated at all :) Mum said I'll need a before an after photo (eep) and the winner might go in the local paper (double eep!!!) I hope you get it, if you are there and helping people that'll make a big difference (people will know you better to write down your name!)

I'm a wednesday weigher Amilie, down 2.5lbs, one of the FIVE slimmers of the week (that was funny!) and nominated for group woman of the year! Great work on losing your gain PLUS more! Hope the naughtiness doesn't catch up with you next week (something I'm currently worrying about)

TryingtoLose, So sorry to hear your personal life is being so crummy. I hope you get some enthusiasm back soon. I get enthusiastic about new recipes (yep i am a dweeb) but i know when i feel less excited by it all i look up new recipes to try, or i look back to see how far i've come either by looking in my book or trying on old clothes than didn't fit but now do, or did fit but are now too big. I don't know if it'll work for you too, might be worth a try :)

CH2B I do go to group, was there today in fact. I love it. I said to one woman who was complimenting me "I love coming to group for my weekly compliments, it feels fab!" it really does help boost me, especially on slow weeks. saving for a wedding is so hard though. I've quite a few friends who are engaged and it is just SO expensive. All the best to you for it. hope you get the encouragement you need here!

Thanks i hope so too, at least enough encouragement to keep me going, i know my work colleagues will mention when they notice any weight loss although im hoping not to be there too much longer as they are being hypocritical ******* lol and i detest my job more than anything as they make me feel so miserable all the time, maybe after the wedding i might join a club when i have a bit more money as im sure i will still have plenty more to lose by then lol

also congrats on the nomination aswell fingers crossed for you to hopefully win although i dont think i would be pleased about the newspaper thing either lol xx

Back