20 somethings

Does anyone know what the lowest syn sausages asda do? Ive tried looking for reduced fat ones but they dont seem to have any as its a smaller store I imagine they dont stock everything, they have weight watchers but the price is extortionate and I cant justify 3 quid odd for 8 when I would normally buy 12 for less than a pound lol

What brands to they sell in your local Asda? I can look this up for you if you know which you are most likely to have available. I mostly shop in Sainsburys as it's closest to me and they're own brand be good to yourself cumberland sausages are only 1/2 a syn each and are around £2 for 8. Generally for what you get sausages can be quite high syn but low fat ones are your best bet.

Have just looked and found that Asda brand Chosen by You Pork Sausages 30% Less Fat, 8 pack, chilled, 57g each are 1.5 syns each on red or extra easy and 4.5 each on green so they may be worth a try if you can get them?

Will have a look thanks, unfortunately Sainsbury is a bit far out for me as I dont drive otherwise they would have been great the ones I bought the other day ive put at 5.5 syns each going by the syn list I have but obviously it doesnt tell you specific store ones just in general so before I start I would like a rough idea of whats the right amount so I dont over syn lol I dont suppose they have the syn value for asda jelly 11.5g sachet? They say no added sugar but obviously still have a little in them and my syn list says 1.5 for sugar free but again its a general list I imagine they are no more than 1 or 2 syns each anyway, with fruit they will make an ideal snack and so cheap, definately gunna have to invest in a directory but for now I have to rely on this site and my general list lol

Afternoon
I just had to share with you all my amazing 4 1/2lb loss yesterday taking me to 12lbs off am still beaming from it.
Now I just need some handy tips to get this 2lb off to get my stone next week, I can just see my losses slowing down again as they usually are small

Any help please share :)

Will have a look thanks, unfortunately Sainsbury is a bit far out for me as I dont drive otherwise they would have been great the ones I bought the other day ive put at 5.5 syns each going by the syn list I have but obviously it doesnt tell you specific store ones just in general so before I start I would like a rough idea of whats the right amount so I dont over syn lol I dont suppose they have the syn value for asda jelly 11.5g sachet? They say no added sugar but obviously still have a little in them and my syn list says 1.5 for sugar free but again its a general list I imagine they are no more than 1 or 2 syns each anyway, with fruit they will make an ideal snack and so cheap, definately gunna have to invest in a directory but for now I have to rely on this site and my general list lol

Hi, I have had more jelly in the last few weeks then in the last 10 years as it's so low syn and one packet goes some way!! :) If the one you mean is Chosen by You Jelly Crystals, No Added Sugar, all varieties, dried, 11.5g sachet then it's 2 syns for the lot on all plans. It's hard working out syns but it's better to over rather than under estimate when you aren't sure x

Afternoon
I just had to share with you all my amazing 4 1/2lb loss yesterday taking me to 12lbs off am still beaming from it.
Now I just need some handy tips to get this 2lb off to get my stone next week, I can just see my losses slowing down again as they usually are small

Any help please share :)

Congratulations...what a great loss :) Keep up the good work and you'll get the stone award before you know it.

I don't really have any specific tips but you could try a speed food week? So basically eat as my speed foods as possible and that would hopefully help you get those two pounds off.

Congrats on the 4 1/2 lb loss thats great xx

Yea I thought it was roughly half a syn per serving and it says it makes 4 but I suppose it depends as may go further with fruit, thanks for looking for me hun, so excited to start tomorrow :) will weigh first thing in the morning to start me off! X

@CH2b - When I make jelly I make it in to 4 portions and really bulk it out with fruit and it works well and tastes good and if I wanted to have two lots I can as it'd only be 1 syn.

Good luck with day one. The first official weigh in is always the worst but it'll only get better from now on, we'll all support you any way we can :)

@ickleLB - let us know how you get on, I also think there is a feature on the website about speed foods that may help. Good luck with this week, I really hope you get your award.

I had a nice suprise in my post today...a letter and three proper certificates from my old consultant for my half stone award, bronze body magic and slimmer of the week from last month. That was really unexpected and they're really good to have and I wish they were given out with the stickers in class. I look forward to getting my next certificate soon :)

I put this on a different board originally but I thought I'd post it here too as some of you may be able to help me...

Hi

I might be going to a christening in a couple of weeks and I have no idea what to expect or what to wear. The first I heard of it was this morning and its three weeks away.

All I know is it's in a church and then off to a restaurant/pub for a meal afterwards, I think there will be about 10 adults and four children there, including the one being christened.
I never go to church and have never been to a christening before and it is also not local to me so I’ll be traveling there by train so I have a limit as to what I can take with me so I’m slightly worried about this.

Mostly though what should I wear??? I honestly have no idea...obviously I'll have to get dressed up (though not sure how dressed up) but what are the 'rules' for this sort of occasion?

To give you an idea about me I’m 5’3” so quite short and mostly I wear an 18 but as clothing sizes are not uniform everywhere I can be anything from an 16 to 22! My budget is also quite tight and as I am still losing weight I know whatever I buy to wear will only be worn once as it won’t fit me for long.

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated xx

I wouldnt worry too much, wear whatever you will be comfortable in, maybe a nice dress if u feel comfortable wearing dresses or some nice trousers with a smart top

Hi everyone :) Ive jumped back on SW and Minimins today because it helped me lose weight before summer, sadly summer fun-times haven't done good things for my size and I need to shift it again.
Im 26 and if I could just fit into a size 14 again I would be over the moon. Im battling PCOS at the moment, the doctors have put me onto metformin, spironolactone and vaniqa and im starting to see a reduction in hair growth :D I have a mini break in October so im hoping to be able to have lost 2 stone before then.

welcome feelina, ive just started today, my first time doing slimming world :)

well my first weigh in this morning went as expected, exact same weight as i was 7 months ago 18st exact :( at least i know im good at maintaining lol i dont expect to lose much this week as like i said i have already paid for a beer festival on friday and so intend on enjoying it lol i may weigh friday morning to have a look lol the scales ive borrowed arent that great apparently so i will be buying digital ones on pay day so hopefully get more accurate weigh ins then but will plod on with these ones for now. Im starving today but thats cos im skint and have just 2 days until pay day then i can properly go shopping so atm im eating jelly, bananas and pasta lol

Another pound off this week! :) Didn't win Woman of the Year, but I think Joanne deserved to win it as she has lost 6 stone and has been going to the group a lot longer than me :) So a total of 1 stones 5lbs lost in the last 7 weeks (2 stone 12lbs lost since I had Jack!) and really pleased with those results! :D xx

aww shame you didnt get it x your doing great so far, im nervous now ive started that it wont work for me or i will do it wrong lol

Thanks for the tips re christening, I just have no idea as I have never been to one and I haven't been in a church for over 20 years since I last went when I when I was a little girl in Brownies :) Do I just wear something similar to what I would at a wedding but maybe not quite as dressy?

CH2b - good luck with your first official week, enjoy it and don't worry if you don't lose this week as you can still do this but if you manage 6 out of 7 days you never know you might suprise yourself.

Welcome Feelina and I think you can get those goals if you give it 100% and summer is for enjoying so don't feel bad about it.

And Sam, sorry to hear you didn't get the award but you have done so well in such a short space of time that next year I am sure it'll be yours :) I wish I had results like yours x

Thanks ladies, every week I'm terrified I wont have lost even though i've stuck to plan. I still find it hard to understand how I can eat so much and still lose weight! Maybe next year when i've reached target i'll win it, but I really do think Joanne deserved it more :) xx

That's a shame Sammy, but you got a loss this week and there is always next year when you are a glamour target member. there's miss slinky competition in novemeber too. Always plenty of opportunities to shine. you are doing wonderfully well on the plan :)

Re Christening, I'm going to one September 9th, again I have to travel by train (with my 17month old son!) for a 7 hours to get there! I will be wearing a nice skirt, below the knee, a simple pink vest top, and a cardigan. I've been told it is a CofE church and not Catholic, most churches now-a-days are pretty relaxed. I still think it should be no skirts above the knee and keep your shoulders covered (and head in theory but hats don't fit me! so i am thankful for that relaxing of rules). Go for the smarter side of smart casual and try to use things you have in your wardrobe already if you can. Simple black trousers would be fine and you could wear them again and again. Personally I don't think jeans should be worn in church, but again, that may just be me. And i'm an atheist! All that said I have bought 2 dresses in the past week so I may still change my outfit! haha

Back