20 somethings

I know, I can't complain at the mo. I'd just like to live a healthier life in general but apparently don't have the motivation to make it happen, let's hope I follow your advice and do it at target! 1 stone to go (need to update stats but on the phone).

What level of the shred are you on?(can't look back through posts when replying). Maybe get one of those yoga mats, tesco have some really spongy ones that should ease your back a bit :)

Well i started on it back in march/april and did 10 days of level 1 and 2 days of level 2 of it and lost over 7 inches but then had alot of family stuff to deal with and spent alot of time sorting that stuff out so didnt really have any time to do it then so just never got back into it so now im just starting again from level 1 again and hopefully will lose more inches, i dropped a dress size last time with just 12 days so im hoping for similar results or better since i have probably put all those inches back on lol

lol i must admit i often feel like id rather sit here and read about it that actually do it but my OH makes me do it lol although i wont let him watch me i make him go upstairs for half hour lol

I know! lol i have to wear either 2 bras (one being a sports bra) or my sports bra and an extremely tight top that im guessing is made for excercising im not really sure as it was just randomly in tesco by itself with no labels lol but feels like the material of exercise clothes lol too much jumping around for my liking alot of the time lol

i just started monday and have at least 7 stone to lose atm but when i get to 11stone i will then decide wether im happy at that or need a bit more

Haha ladies I can say for sure my copy will probably end up gathering dust. I have only tried level 1 and it was hard and I would never do it when anyone could see me, I even closed the curtains to be sure no one could see me!! I am very lazy and I have to force myself to exercise. But I can not wait for my boobs and belly to shrink, from doing this 1 time I know a really tight top and sports bra are essential to even attempt to get through the cardio segments but I will keep trying though it will be more like every other day than every day. I am kind of scared to move on to level 2 :) I do have an Aqua aerobics class booked for tomorrow and I just can not be bothered. I have never been lucky enough to experience the buzz some exercise lovers say I will get so I honestly find it hard to understand why people enjoy getting hot and sweating in a gym etc but I will keep going as even if I don't see the change on the scales I know it is helping me change my shape and is good for me inside. I also am a little worried about getting any lose skin so I know I need to exercise to stop that happening.

However...back from weigh in and I lost.....3.5lbs!!!! I am so happy with this as I normally as luck to get even 1lb and I got my silver body magic award :D Annoyingly though did not get slimmer of the week even though i lost the most by far as I am still classed as a visitor because I have changed groups and the change hasn't gone through so would have also liked to get that but never mind.

Hope everyone had a good day today xx

well done on the 3.5lbs!! the excercising will be worth it when your all toned up lol even if its painful

Haha ladies I can say for sure my copy will probably end up gathering dust. I have only tried level 1 and it was hard and I would never do it when anyone could see me, I even closed the curtains to be sure no one could see me!! I am very lazy and I have to force myself to exercise. But I can not wait for my boobs and belly to shrink, from doing this 1 time I know a really tight top and sports bra are essential to even attempt to get through the cardio segments but I will keep trying though it will be more like every other day than every day. I am kind of scared to move on to level 2 :) I do have an Aqua aerobics class booked for tomorrow and I just can not be bothered. I have never been lucky enough to experience the buzz some exercise lovers say I will get so I honestly find it hard to understand why people enjoy getting hot and sweating in a gym etc but I will keep going as even if I don't see the change on the scales I know it is helping me change my shape and is good for me inside. I also am a little worried about getting any lose skin so I know I need to exercise to stop that happening.

However...back from weigh in and I lost.....3.5lbs!!!! I am so happy with this as I normally as luck to get even 1lb and I got my silver body magic award :D Annoyingly though did not get slimmer of the week even though i lost the most by far as I am still classed as a visitor because I have changed groups and the change hasn't gone through so would have also liked to get that but never mind.

Hi Stargir1
Well done on starting the 30 day shred. I did 3 days then had to have a few days off as it was so painful and I had to do night shifts at work. When I came back to it I found it a lot easier (still very difficult though) I couldn't do any kind of push up at the beginning and I can now do it properly (the easier version, on my knees) and manage to almost not stop. I still find it esxhausting but my muscles have definitely got used to it a bit. I'm doing it again today (day 6) but then I'm going away for a few days, I might take my laptop to see if I can get motivated particularly as I will probably not eat the healthiest food.
Congrats on your weight loss that's amazing. Did you measure yourself before you started the 30 day shred? I think that will be all the motivation I need to keep going, and CH2B if I lost a dress size in 12 days that would be amazing!!!
What day are you girls on now?
Good luck with it and keep going, it will be worth it in the end and just imagine how great you'll feel when you can say you completed it! :cool:

Thanks guys, I am really pleased with that as it just hadn't been happening for me so to finally get a good loss is really good motivation. Plus consultant said in group that it is 17 weeks to christmas and my first target is to lose 2 stone by then so I have 17 weeks to lose 18.5lbs which I think is realistic so hoping that happens.

I am only on Day 2 of shred today but it can only get better after the hard start yesterday, my body aches from Day 1 but I guess I just need to work through the pain as for me seeing my body change feels even better than seeing the scales go down.

Haha totally understand your pain with the shred, I genuinely thought (for the 5 days I did it) that jillian was trying to kill me. Sitting down was a mission!

Your goal for Christmas is totally achievable, good luck! Can't believe how close it is, though I totally hope/expect to be at target by Christmas (fingers crossed)

Haha totally understand your pain with the shred, I genuinely thought (for the 5 days I did it) that jillian was trying to kill me. Sitting down was a mission!

Your goal for Christmas is totally achievable, good luck! Can't believe how close it is, though I totally hope/expect to be at target by Christmas (fingers crossed)

Thanks hun! I hope I get there by christmas, I would love to lose more but generally I don't have very big losses, even though I exercise 4 or 5 time a week and stick to plan, so for me this is about right. I think you'll make your target, or be close to it by christmas. Have just seen your photo diary and WOW what a difference!! You look great :) I have started my own personal photo diary too (haven't shared any pics yet as not really much change) as I think it will be great to be able to look back so when I find I am struggling I can look at those pictures and remind myself why I am doing this and to stop myself from ever getting this big again.

I really hope by this time next year I will be getting close to a healthy weight for me. I would love to be heading to the end of my 20's how I started them being healthy.

Have done my second shred day now and it was still tough but not as bad as before and I didn't have to pause it half way through but it is still exhausting!! I find the floor work hard as it makes me want to be sick but doubling up with my tightest swimming costume and sports bra is the way forward even if I look like a right idoit haha.

Good luck for today ladies, what do we all have planned for the weekend?

I love the 30DS but ive only ever made it on the first level. I might dust that off on Monday and give it a go. Im joining a gym at the start of September (membership fee is only going to be a £1 instead of £40) with my brother. He wants to quit smoking and "look buff" for the beach next year and I want less wobble. ;) Ive got a Less Bounce sports bra with is ace, I wouldn't be able to do any real jumping without it as it hurts too much.

Ive lost 2lbs this week - I started on Monday but will always weigh in on Friday mornings.

I love the 30DS but ive only ever made it on the first level. I might dust that off on Monday and give it a go. Im joining a gym at the start of September (membership fee is only going to be a £1 instead of £40) with my brother. He wants to quit smoking and "look buff" for the beach next year and I want less wobble. ;) Ive got a Less Bounce sports bra with is ace, I wouldn't be able to do any real jumping without it as it hurts too much.

Ive lost 2lbs this week - I started on Monday but will always weigh in on Friday mornings.

I hadn't even heard of it until last week but thought I'd give it a go.

I go to a gym too, joined whilst I was still with my last company to get the discount they offered to employees of my firm so I pay £32 a month for full peak access rather than the £40 I should be paying. It's hard work but gets easier and you'll soon see 'less wobble' lol. It's good you have someone to go with as he will be able to motivate you to go when you just can't be bothered. Totally agree on the sports bra, could not manage without it, amazes me how many people go to my gym and don't use one, all I think when I see them is surely that can't be comfortable and the lack of support can not do them any good.

Also congratulations on your first weigh in :) 2lbs is a great loss x

My scales are crap and i cant tell if they have moved or not so on my way home from beer festival today im getting a digital one so i can clearly see if theres any loss lol

The pain does go on 30ds after a few days, like i said before i got a bit cocky after level one and on level two (which is harder btw lol) i thought i would go on treadmill straight after and then didnt do the proper cool down so pulled a muscle in my chest the next morning, now that was painful!!

Anyone know how many syns is in the colemans hot chilli con carne packet mix? all the threads i can find with it are old and so i just want to know if they are still the same?

Back