20 somethings

not really i go every two weeks so same old stuff really but always end up eating bad things lol i couldnt resist a kebab last night, im so annoyed at myself will be better next week though, i bought some of those shape rhubard crumble yoghurts today mmm cant wait to have one already lol how did you get on after at WI?

Well even so a change of scenery is nice so hope you have a good time. Don't beat yourself up about the kebab...depending on what was in it it might even not have been that bad. My local kebab shop is a turkish grill so I just have mine without the nann or pitta or sauce and have lots of salad as the meat is just cubed lamb with mushrooms and peppers and it's cooked over coals so it really tasty and though it'll have some syns I don't think it'll have that many.

I am so happy and shocked but I lost 1lb!!! Honestly thought there must have been something wrong with the scales lol

We also did the woman of the year awards in our group tonight and it was shortlisted to five and it was great listening to how they've got to where they are, the one who won joiuned 9 months ago and has lost almost 5 stone in that time, she is still a bigger lady but she has really found it hard and when she won she just burst in to tears and it was really touching

aww thats nice for her, 5 stone in 9 months is amazing i hope i can produce similar results before i get married.

1lb loss thats great! see no need to worry lol aslong as you eat as good as you can then the weight should still come off even if its in small amounts and i hate to say i had a full doner kebab with chilli and garlic sauce and pitta lol so bad but so good but at least now its out of my system, im gunna be strong from now on and say no although may allow myself a monthly treat so that i have something to look forward to

Stick to plan and exercise when you can and I am sure you will be amazed with your weight loss and you'll look amazing in your wedding dress

Lol never mind...as my week showed sometimes you can get away with it!!

The thing is your taste isn't going to change overnight so you will still enjoy the things that got you to this weight in the first place, if you're anything like me. I think it's really important to have the things you fancy as a treat otherwise you'll start to really crave them and then you'll want them even more and will overindulge then feel bad but if you allow yourself treats, afterall that is what syns or flexisyns are for, I do believe in the long run you'll find it easier to stay on track. I have now been doing this for 9 or 10 weeks and I still struggle with it as I still want a chippy tea or similar but I keep reminding myself why I want to lose weight and mostly, like Kate Moss says, nothing will taste as good as skinny feels :) (none of this is meant as a critisism as I know things can come across wrong in writing, it's just how it's been for me)

I think it's really important to have the things you fancy as a treat otherwise you'll start to really crave them and then you'll want them even more and will overindulge then feel bad but if you allow yourself treats, afterall that is what syns or flexisyns are for, I do believe in the long run you'll find it easier to stay on track.

It totally agree it is important not to deprive yourself of what you still want. After weigh in on a Wednesday evening, I walk home via the kebab shop and treat myself to a chicken kebab, with pitta, salad and garlic sauce. Have done each week (even have some chips and cheese as well, some weeks!) and am still losing really well.

The reason a lot of people 'fail' at a diet is because they think they have to deprive themselves of things that they were eating before. I hope I can prove that it doesn't need to be that way.

Treats are definitely important. Most of my way through SW I've had a pudding of 1 scoop of ice cream with 1/2 a chopped freddo and some fresh or frozen fruit. It's lush and makes me feel like I've had something really naughty, when it's only 5 syns, but it means I can indulge most days and still lose :)

I am so pleased to see other people think the same as I do with treats....I changed groups recently as my old consultant tried to discourage us from using syns even though they're allowed!! I could not follow any plan that was too restrictive as I want to change my eating habits and get in to good habits for life and be a good role model for any children I have in the future so they don't have to go through what I am going through now.

Miss Corset -which ice cream do you have? I need to find one that is tasty but low syn for me and one that will keep my boyf happy as he misses ice cream. I love your idea of having it with a little bit of something chopped in it and/or with fruit too :)

Also Ch2b - just seen you have gone some of those rhubarb crumble yogurts, I as so addicted to them and they feel like a real treat but are only 1/2 a syn , let me know what you think of them

I always have Carte D'or low fat vanilla - it's only 70kcal for 100ml so I usually have 1 x 50ml scoop for 1.5 syns. Even the non-low-fat Carte D'or is only 2.5 syns for 50ml. Really nice with chopped/grated chocolate and a banana :) x

Thanks for that, I can't believe how low syn that is!! I do enjoy ice cream but didn't even look up syns as thought it would be too high for one of the nicer brands. Next time I go shopping I will be getting some x

Star I had one this morning was lush I love rhubard crumble to a nice creamy low syn form is good for me, and they are on offer in tesco 8 for 2quid which is alot cheaper than activia or muller lights so its all good lol

Stepped on the scales this morning to assess the damage, gained .2 of a lb so not gunna worry too much about official weigh on monday maybe if I be good over the weekend I can keep it low

Star I had one this morning was lush I love rhubard crumble to a nice creamy low syn form is good for me, and they are on offer in tesco 8 for 2quid which is alot cheaper than activia or muller lights so its all good lol

Stepped on the scales this morning to assess the damage, gained .2 of a lb so not gunna worry too much about official weigh on monday maybe if I be good over the weekend I can keep it low

Sainsburys have a similar offer of 8 for £2.50 but I had a 50p of voucher so it worked out £2 too, oh they are sooooooooo nice. I refuse to share them lol :)

Don't worry about the tiny gain, SW only count 1/2lb's anyway so it'd be a STS :)

I know what you mean about treats. I have them every day, although i had a big one yesterday afternoon and felt so ill and my digestive system has kicked my arse until this afternoon so i don't want anything! we went to carluccios, and we had puddings. i've not had a proper pudding in 7 months. now i wish i hadn't. urgh! normal treats for me now

I have heard so many people say this, I think our digestive systems get used to proper healthy food but then as soon as we have something rich and/or creamy it doesn't know what to do. Hope you are feeling better now

Aww hope you feel better soon hun x

Star I dont have to share mine luckily as my OH dont like rhubarb, I dont mind a sts after the stuff ive eaten this week lol see what monday brings anyway

I will be better next week lol

Am currently lying in bed thinking I really ought to get up and have a Wii workout before I get in with the day. But it hurts.... Lol I'm such a drama queen.

Right up I get!

Woop that's a good way to start the day. Did 20 mins mixed aerobic (step, hula, boxing) then a 2k jog. Just away to go shower, will think about the pain later haha.

Hope you're feeling better today Fran, I have IBS and suffer a lot in the way you have been over the last day or so so I do totally know how you feel.

Wow bubble, you've had a good start to the day!! Hope you enjoyed it

I never have that amount of energy in the morning lol

Aww get well soon hun, seems to be alot of bugs going round x

Back