20 somethings

I'm Laura :) Emily I'm the exact same as you, losing it v. Quickly and was always a lose 1, STS, gain half and so on type of girl!! Congrats!! Cxx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Damn, I was going to go for Emily but then I wasn't sure if that was camz. Darn it. I knew I'd swap the around!

I didn't have huge losses at the start (or at all) but it does plod off so long as I stop dicking around.

Reporting back on the berry bakewell hifi bars. I like them, but they make my mouth tingle afterwards, not sure if that is this cold though. If the almonds on top were more toasted it'd be good, but yep, nice.... And the golden ticket makes them more tempting.

Reporting back on the berry bakewell hifi bars. I like them, but they make my mouth tingle afterwards, not sure if that is this cold though. If the almonds on top were more toasted it'd be good, but yep, nice.... And the golden ticket makes them more tempting.

Alpen have started doing a Cherry Bakewell flavour of their Alpen Light bars (x2 = a HexB) so I've been giving them a go. They almost taste a bit alcoholic though, like someone's overdone it with the almond extract. I think I'll stick with the usuals!

I've only just remembered to take money to group and bought some Mint Crisp HiFi bars - oh my goodness I am in love! Such a shame you only get one as a HexB - they're going to be my new treat...

I do feel alot more positive now fran about everything including my weight loss journey :)

Me and my oh are going to Wembley to watch the nfl, his fave team is over here playing so I got him tickets for his birthday, should be a good weekend

I am the same with names, so sorry to all as I will prob just end up using your, I don't even know what the word is, online name???

Loving the positivity and losses on here this week, lets hope it continues :)

For those with a chance of moving/changing jobs to something you'd be happier with I would say go for it, we're at an age where we can uproot ourselves and start afresh but it'll be harder the older we all get esp if you have kids in school and you don't want to regret it.

Thanks for the update on the Berry Bakewell bars, that has been the most helpful thing I could have seen, I hate nuts, hate them so knowing it has toasted almonds on the top is enough for me to stick with the Alpen ones (agree that can taste a bit odd) esp as you can have 2. Have you tries the Choc Orange or apple and sultana alpen bars? They're really nice and you can have two each day...I do find they tend to fall apart but I like them. I do love the taste of almond though and I could happily sit and eat a whole packet of marzipan but if I can see the nut then I won't eat it, I'd just pick it off or spit it out

Are the Rocky Road bars still available? I love those :)

I think for me whilst I can afford group I will keep going, I don't really rate my group as all we do is get weighed, sit around for ages and then just go through losses/gains and eventually get out in the dark the best part of 2 hours later, but if it wasn't for knowing I am going to get weighed in public I think I could easily fall back in to bad habits of old and this time I am going to lose this weight no matter how long it takes me, it took me 6 years to get this big and in to such bad habits that I know it'll not happen overnight but I will do it. By this time next year I hope to be close to a healthy weight

i just think my group is amusing really. mind the whole place is mad. i jokingly told of the tesco man for fondling a customer, and he goes "it was only a hug", then i joke how i am there every week and never get a hug so he comes and hugs me infront of a big queue like a mad woman! why do i get myself into these situations?! it makes it worse that the entire town is mental and encourage my insanity and my son's fame delusions! talking of which i am trying to decide what to dress him up as for next week (halloween on weigh in day) he won't have anything on his head or any masks etc.... i am debating a bit of make up to either make a zombie or vampire, but given his size frankenstein would be SO funny.

yes rocky road bars are still available. minty ones were my first hifi bars. i like the caramel light ones but those rocky's are like crack! I've just bought one box of them this week else i just scoff them all. Glad my review helped :) i don't think these will get full time bar status as marzipan is such a love/hate thing and a lot of people hate it.

Been reading my magazine and saw "mash up" and remembered the smash cheese scones i wanted to have a go at for snackage on a green day so needed to change me order again. hopefully they will get it right this time. *******s snuck braeburns in pretending to be galas... not substituted, NO NO they peeled the stickers off and put them in with the rest of the galas. 1. they are a different colour. 2. they are a different size. 3. when i open the bag and see them WITH MY EYES i know they are not ****ing galas so don't charge me gala price for your shitty braeburns, just give me fewer galas DICKWADS and don't try to hide what they are by peeling their stickers off! ok a bit of an over reaction but it pissed me right off, they ****ed up loads last week. never getting a friday night delivery again.

christie, urgh sports, i'd leave him there and go see wicked (I SOOO want to see wicked) hehe, i'm sure you will both have a lovely time :)

Lol im not one for sitting watching 4 hours of sports but its worth it to know it will make him soo happy, hes gunna be so excited by friday lol

welcome to all the newbies, and stargirl i am 4 1/2 weeks needed to see midwife early coz they want me in for extra scans, which hopefully means i will get my first one through the post soon :), i know i can't really control my losses but they are usually around 2lb and with now having extra healthy extras i wouldn't have thought they would be more but we shall see.

I would be annoyed too over the galas thing, its like they are insulting your intelligence by thinking your too stupid to notice or something

Haha, I think I got a bit irrationally angry though. Lol.

You should bring a magazine with you. Haha. I just finished reading the new one, and the book of sauces (better than I expected)

Sweets, I'm sure if you average out at 2lbs or less it'll be fine if you happen to have the odd higher loss. I lost weight in the first trimester through morning sickness alone... God it was gross.

I will just have to sit on here for 4 hours lol although id rather watch the game than waste 120 quid lol

Well I've done something a bit naught today, which I don't normally do...I had a little peak on the scales, and they read 11st12.5!!

Now I'm going to take it at face value, I'd just woken up, had dinner 13 hours ago, had a wee etc etc, BUT I've still got 5 days before WI day, so even if I could reach 11st13.5 by then I would be over the moon!! Really going to go for it now, DESPERATE to see an 11 on Tues!! Xxx

So tired. Feeling like an extra in a zombie movie today. OH was out last night and came home very drunk...needless to say I had trouble sleeping! Grrr. 4 hours sleep is not enough for the amount of crap I have to do today. I've to go drop the kids to school, pay all the bills, do the food shop, come home and put it away, have a quick shower and then off to the hospital, then when I come home I've to do dinner and then crochet group. Won't get to relax until at least 9pm tonight.

For a person so against drugs, I could sure use some today haha

Jenna88 said:
Camz, that's fab! Hope it stays that way... serial weighing is a biatch though, I know...I weigh every time I'm in the bathroomhaha!

Eeek Mandy, you sound so busy! I've nothing planned today which is nice in a way but I imagine by lunchtime I'll be bored.

Ahh thank you, if nothing else it's proven that the 11s really aren't too far away now :) xxx

Your group sounds so good Fran, I am jealous!!! You really really helped me with the Hifi bars, if I can get them I will stick with the Rocky Roads, I know they were meant to be limited edition but they're so popular they'd be nuts to get rid of them. Glad you like you Sauce book though, I got a countdown last week and was told it'll come in the post...well one week later it still isn't here!!

Whatever you dress Nate as he will be a little cutie, you should post a pic of him in his costume if you can.

I stopped online shopping as they kept messing the orders up even after I had gone through everything and said no substitutes, but I am lucky that I have a car and within in a 10ish min drive I have 4 big and several small sainsburys, 1 HUGE Asda, 1 big and 1 little Tesco, 2 co-op,1 Morrisons, 1 Aldi, 1 Lidi some newsagent type places plus prob more I have forgotten about!! So I am never short for choice, it's stupid, there is no need for that many and they want to build more!!!

I went to see Wicked a couple of years ago and LOVE it!! If you can afford it go for it, it is amazing. I read the book too and it's good

That makes sense then Sweet as I thought you had only just found out, so pleased for you :) Like Fran said I am sure your losses will even out the further on you get

Good Luck Camz - fingers crossed you get at least 2.5lbs to get you in the 11's. You'll be there before you know it and soon you'll be in the 10's

I hid my scales as I would be checking all the time otherwise so now I just weigh in at group and hope for the best...it does make WI scary though as I never really know what to expect but it seems the worse I am the better the loss haha (I do not recommend this approach!)

Right then Jenna, up you get, think of the size 8 dress you want to be wearing at christmas and out the door!!!!

Hiya,

Can i join in your group?! Im 20 something (for the next few months I am anyway!!!!)

I was on SW when i first started my diet, switched to WW which was pants, now back on the SW train! yay! Ive been doing it at home this week but ill be joining a new group next week when I get home from Cornwall (I have no idea how im going to resist the steak and stilton pasti-ness of cornwall - but im going to try and be good!!!)

ps: good luck at next weight in peeps! xxx

:)

Hi Care Bear :)

Don't worry I am getting sadly close to the end of my 20's :( But I will be leaving them much healthier :)

Looking at your stats you've done really well so far!! I am off to Cornwall next week and love it there, good luck with your new group too xx

Hey StarGirl,

Looking at your stats, youve done an amazing job so far too!!!! We can do it!!! healthy and super skinny in the 30's - thats my aim!!! although January is fast approaching and my patterned tights still make me look like im a joint of meat with string wrapped round it!!! boo! cant seem to get the weight off my legs and hips - some serious gym work is in order I think! but in the winter - all i want to do when i get home from work is sit in my PJ's with a cuppa and watch trashy tv!

Ooo what part of Cornwall are you off to? Im going to Gorran/Mevagissey - our friends own a holiday cottage there and we are getting it free for the week - bargain!!!! Im a bit worried as there are 6 of us going and temptation will be all around! but ive told my OH that if he sees me so much as touch a pasty, he can slap my hands!!! :)

When your next weigh in? Have you had a good week?

xx

Back