20 somethings

ScarlettStar86 said:
One piece of advice I will give for the shred from personal experience is that I don't think the cool down at the end is long enough! When I dis shred following the cool down given I was in agony. Last time round I held each stretch for longer, and added a few others such as a calf stretch as I found hers didn't stretch half the muscles I had been using! Maybe its just me but thought I'd mention it as it might help others! X

Ooh thanks Scarlett for the tip! Will defo do that as I have uni tomorrow and don't want to be hobbling around like John Wayne all day lol x

jessikahlashes said:
Thanks Georgie! I'm all for the 30 day shred, excited to get started actually! I'm so excited for the morning, I'm like an excited child everytime the post comes cos I'm waiting for a letter from a surgeon as I'm having a tummy tuck done and I'm hoping to hear from him this week, Im excited to lose a few more pounds too cos I've heard they can remove around half a stone of skin!! Scarey stuff xxx

Wow nerve wracking Hun you are very brave. I hope you hear from them soon! Xx

xMandyDx said:
Jessikah, tell me to F off if you like, but I just wondered, are you paying for the tummy tuck yourself, or is it being done on the NHS? I'm hoping to guilt my doctor enough afterward for a tummy tuck on the medical card, because I simply know I'm going to have loose skin; I can already see my tummy going a bit wrinkly.
Another area I think I'm going to have problems is my upper arms and upper thighs... skin suit central. Is there anything I can get done for that, I wonder?

If a neighbour of mine can get a boob job on the medical card, surely I can get a nip and tuck in some places!

I applied for one on the nhs and got a straight forward no, was absolutely devastated but after 6 months of being majorly depressed and living in suck me in knickers and having zero confidence I didn't to go back to see my doctor, had around 3 appointments with him where I basically cried none stop and we applied again and the nhs accepted, got my letter 2 weeks ago saying they would fund it and that il hear from a surgeon for pre op appointment and then get my date, I've literally been dancing round with excitement, u should go for it! Think of all the money we have saved the nhs by losing weight the healthy way ourselves and will be saving them in the future with weight related medical problems, I know some people dot agree with it but for me I could never afford a tummy tuck privately and I hide away at the minute as my skin gets me so low. My doc said I could apply for tummy tuck and bum lift, arm lift and thigh lift, basically full body sculpt but I said I didn't wanna seem greedy and my main area of upset is my stomach so id go for that and just exercise to firm up the rest! Xxx

Don't get me wrong you'll still be sore but just much less than you would have been haha!

Thanks for answering Jessikah! My doctor is useless though, so I think it'll take more than two or three visits to get an application in. She'll probably tell me, "Oh wait and see if it tightens up itself". Yeah, cos over stretched clothes regularly shrink themselves back down, don't they? Plus I've heard that if you have stretch marks your skin has lost its elasticity and will never snap back itself... my stomach is destroyed in them from the pregnancies. Think Freddy Kreuger's face haha

Georgie girl...welcome... yeah I do a lot of fast walking (6 miles a day most days last week), and I cycle. Not to mention to contorted positions I find myself in when cleaning skirting boards or something haha. I would have imagined that my stomach and arms would have been the sorest spots as I use my legs quite a lot and they have to be in tip top condition by now lol

jessikahlashes said:
I applied for one on the nhs and got a straight forward no, was absolutely devastated but after 6 months of being majorly depressed and living in suck me in knickers and having zero confidence I didn't to go back to see my doctor, had around 3 appointments with him where I basically cried none stop and we applied again and the nhs accepted, got my letter 2 weeks ago saying they would fund it and that il hear from a surgeon for pre op appointment and then get my date, I've literally been dancing round with excitement, u should go for it! Think of all the money we have saved the nhs by losing weight the healthy way ourselves and will be saving them in the future with weight related medical problems, I know some people dot agree with it but for me I could never afford a tummy tuck privately and I hide away at the minute as my skin gets me so low. My doc said I could apply for tummy tuck and bum lift, arm lift and thigh lift, basically full body sculpt but I said I didn't wanna seem greedy and my main area of upset is my stomach so id go for that and just exercise to firm up the rest! Xxx

A friend of mine had a tummy tuck about six weeks ago after losing 7 stones in less than a year. It has given him a completely new lease of life he didn't feel confident even though he is good looking he just couldn't see it but now he is starting to like himself and feel confident after years of feeling like crap. So go for it Hun you deserve to feel great!! Xx

xMandyDx said:
Thanks for answering Jessikah! My doctor is useless though, so I think it'll take more than two or three visits to get an application in. She'll probably tell me, "Oh wait and see if it tightens up itself". Yeah, cos over stretched clothes regularly shrink themselves back down, don't they? Plus I've heard that if you have stretch marks your skin has lost its elasticity and will never snap back itself... my stomach is destroyed in them from the pregnancies. Think Freddy Kreuger's face haha

I know the feeling!! I just want to feel normal and having lost all the weight I feel like this will finish off my journey, the scar goes from hip to hip and the recovery apparently is absolutely horrific but for me so so worth it, il have to keep u all posted with the op and recovery an results and stuff! Be nice to have someone to talk to about it. A few people have said a good way to measure your skins elasticity is to pinch some skin on the back of your hand and pull and if it springs right back then it's good and if it lingers before going back then it's not so good, with only being 23 my skin isn't bad at all, my legs and arms and bum are goin to be okay with exercise and toning but my tummy needs around 6 to 8 inches of skin taken away, I know no amount of exercise will take away 11 and a half stones worth of tummy skin :( xx

xMandyDx said:

Hahaha freddy kreuger line cracked me up! I'm a bit worried about this too as I have about five stones to lose and I also have stretch marks from my pregnancy ten plus years ago! I am hoping healthy diet and exercise plus firming body lotion from the start may help me a little ?? Xx

GeorgieGirl83 said:
A friend of mine had a tummy tuck about six weeks ago after losing 7 stones in less than a year. It has given him a completely new lease of life he didn't feel confident even though he is good looking he just couldn't see it but now he is starting to like himself and feel confident after years of feeling like crap. So go for it Hun you deserve to feel great!! Xx

That's fab Georgia he must feel amazing! X

xMandyDx said:
Georgie girl...welcome... yeah I do a lot of fast walking (6 miles a day most days last week), and I cycle. Not to mention to contorted positions I find myself in when cleaning skirting boards or something haha. I would have imagined that my stomach and arms would have been the sorest spots as I use my legs quite a lot and they have to be in tip top condition by now lol

Thanks Hun :) wow you do loads already so don't need to worry about shredding! I've been lying on my sofa in my spare time for the last three years and eating crap a la Garfield so it's defo gonna be a shock to the system! Xx

Yeah my skin snaps back on my hand...but come on, my hand didn't weigh 18st lol My skin on my boobs is like sculpting clay sometimes... you can literally put your palm and fingers flat on one, catch skin between each finger, hold, release....skin stays that way hahahahahaha

As for the recovery... I imagine it's quite like a C section. My mother had one of those on my little brother and it took her months to recover...nasty stuff.

Thanks Hun :) wow you do loads already so don't need to worry about shredding! I've been lying on my sofa in my spare time for the last three years and eating crap a la Garfield so it's defo gonna be a shock to the system! Xx

You'd think so, wouldn't you? Therein lies the lure of the Shred. It all looks so simple and you think if you're already active that it'll be a piece of cake... ha!

xMandyDx said:
You'd think so, wouldn't you? Therein lies the lure of the Shred. It all looks so simple and you think if you're already active that it'll be a piece of cake... ha!

God what am I letting myself in for haha

xMandyDx said:
Yeah my skin snaps back on my hand...but come on, my hand didn't weigh 18st lol My skin on my boobs is like sculpting clay sometimes... you can literally put your palm and fingers flat on one, catch skin between each finger, hold, release....skin stays that way hahahahahaha

As for the recovery... I imagine it's quite like a C section. My mother had one of those on my little brother and it took her months to recover...nasty stuff.

Yeah I've heard it's similar to c section but a worse!! I had a section with my 2nd and couldn't lift my oldest for 6 weeks, was horrible!! X

I've been wanting to Shred again...but I know the aftermath. There was absolutely no possible way I could do it two days in a row...I couldn't even walk. I'm thinking if I try it again but do less of the squats that I might be okay lol

Jess its great that they have accepted you. It amazes me that they will give people weight loss surgery etc on the NHS but when people have worked so hard to lose a lot of weight themselves, most people they aren't even bothered about helping out with loose skin etc. A school friend of mine who had a baby quite young had extremely loose skin round her stomach after a C section and she has just had a tummy tuck (think she may have paid for it herself) and the results are incredible.

So my boyfriend is at work today until 5 so I'm going to have a long bath and get some housework done. Just polished off a gorgeous breakfast and going to make a batch of superspeed soup for my lunches this week. Felt really ill last night but I'm feeling ok now, was expecting to be dying this morning! Woke up loads last night because someone was setting off fireworks at god knows what time in the morning from my block of apartments, and various people where shrieking and shouting all night!!! So annoying!

Attachments

• image-3408464704.jpg
    image-3408464704.jpg
    856 KB · Views: 18
xMandyDx said:
I've been wanting to Shred again...but I know the aftermath. There was absolutely no possible way I could do it two days in a row...I couldn't even walk. I'm thinking if I try it again but do less of the squats that I might be okay lol

You can do it Hun! The square are the part that got me too, my bum and thighs killed for days afterwards. Think I'm just going to do the modified version for a while until it feels a bit easier xx

Back