20 somethings

ScarlettStar86 said:
Ooh star- a girl after my own heart. I'm a boy band addict and not ashamed to admit I love one direction! Is your name a mcfly reference or just a coincidence? X
Jenna good luck for tomorrow!
Fran I've visited Exeter a few times, got family there and I loved it. I thought I was the only southerner here but it seems not! Actually can I do a survey here- where is everyone from? I'm from Horsham, west Sussex (about 20mins from Gatwick airport, halfway between London and Brighton)

Newcastle! Geordie girl here! X

I live in West London right now, lived in London 2 and a bit years, but I'm from Ireland, so I'm an Irish girl in London, a very common thing. I feel like every other person I meet here is Irish

Lol, I can't wire them, you need to piss someone off so they break your jaw :p
Living in lyme regis, Dorset, lived in norwich, Norfolk, originally from bradford/bingley/halifax/huddersfield west yorkshire.

Hi ladies, sorry i've been missing in action lately. I wont be able to catch up on all the posts as you guys talk so much there are about 60 more pages since i last read the thread! :) So want to say congratulations to those who've lost and for any that might have put on, you'll get it off next week :)

My Mum took a turn for the worse on Sunday and ended up in intensive care. It's been an emotional, scary week, but thankfully she seems to be on the mend now and has been moved back to a normal ward.

I stopped the 30 day shred after 8 days of trying to squeeze it in as i just didn't feel i had the time for it with looking after jack, trying to pack up my mums current house and move her into a bungalow and visit her in hospital every day. I feel like I haven't had a moment to myself! So it's been early to bed for me whenever the chance has arisen. Luckily Jack has decided to be kind to Mummy and Daddy and has slept through the night ALL week! So we're feeling much better than we might have been!

I've had the last two weeks off class as I had them booked as holiday for weekends away, but with everything i've been doing for mum we didn't get away so just used the extra time getting the bungalow sorted. I was nominated for Miss Slinky last week though so will be back in group tomorrow. It's between me and one other in my group so I shall let you know what happens! Hoping to get my 3 stone award tomorrow which will bring me to a total of 4 and a half stones lost since I had Jack six and a half months ago! If someone had told me back then that i'd have lost this much in 6 and a half months i'd have booked them into the local loonie bin! But somehow i've done it and i'm so pleased :)

Jack is doing fantastically with his food. This week he's had home made chicken stew, beef, tomato, spinach and vegetable casserole, and a kind of cheesy salmon fish pie filling that I made and he's loved them all! He's also tried scrambled eggs and melon and cucumber, so it's been a week of firsts! He's enjoying every second of it :)

Thank you all for your support, both with the weight loss and my mum, and I will try to keep you updated a little more regularly in future :) xx

Hi Sam, nice to meet you. It sounds like you have had a very crazy time of it! Glad to hear your mum is on the mend!

That is absoliutely incredible how much you have lost, thats absolutely amazing in such a short amount of time! Well done you!

Hello,

Whilst not officially a 'twenty-something' I am only a few months off being 20 - please can I join?!

I started SW last October and lost nearly three stone. I stopped in May and have put on 18lbs since then. I am determined to lose it - I feel much healthier following the plan. So, this is week one. I weigh in on Wednesday and I'm looking forward to it!

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE :)

oh sammy gosh you've really had a time of it lately! so pleased to hear your mum is now on the mend, what a worrying time it must have been for you. glad little one has been sleeping well for you, im sure they can sense when things are out of the ordinary at home.
nothing to add really, just make sure you allow time to look after yourself as well as everyone else xxx

Thanks ladies, nice to meet you too!! I've been really lucky with my weight loss, a stone and a half of it was pregnancy weight which just dropped off me by the time Jack was a week old (I tried to eat as healthily as possible throughout my pregnancy) and then the other (hopefully 3 stone tomorrow!) weight has come off nice and steadily since joining slimming world 20 weeks ago tomorrow. I'm getting married next august and am determined to look good in a wedding dress, amongst other reasons for losing the weight, so as my bridesmaids have booked me in for some dress fittings in January I want to be as close to my goal weight as possible so that I have a good idea of how i'll actually look in the dresses I try on.

Welcome Beth, i'm sure no one will mind you joining a little early! It's a very chatty group so jump right in!

Thanks Scarlett, we're hoping that she may be allowed home mid week once she's finished her antibiotics, all being well, then we have a weekend down london taking jack to the great grandparents so, whilst it'll be tiring driving down there, it will be a nice break. xx

Oh Sammy so relieved to hear from you. I'm glad your mum is back out of intensive care, that must have been terrifying. And yay jack you little beauty! A full night's sleep does make a huge difference. I'll have my fingers crossed for you for the award and the title. I got told I'm miss slinky this week, she said im the only one who qualifies but thinking about it there are 2 other members who have lost between 2.5 and 3.5 stone so they must qualify too. Don't forget the embarrassing before pictures! (so humiliating!)

Welcome Beth, we'll let you off a couple of months :) well done for getting to target the first time round, I'm sure you'll get there again soon enough :)

Hi ladies - just checking in after a skim read of 10 PAGES that you've clicked up since lunchtime!!

Just had an impromptu date day with the OH - wandered round Kew Gardens, finally got a photo of us that I like, and then out for dinner.

I wasn't a saint but I've certainly done better than I would've done pre-SW... Wood pigeon with orange, pomegranate and rocket salad to start and then venison with blackberries, Savoy cabbage, bacon and a damson tart (I gave most of that to the OH) for main. Heavenly! A bit gutted that the cabbage turned up in a cream sauce but I think I did okay... No dessert and just one small glass of dry white wine. The place had amazing cocktails to!

The OH is happy because he's been desperate to take me out to dinner for weeks. Settling down to play some Little Big Planet Karting together now so I'll see you gorgeous girlies tomorrow! xx

Oh sammy what a time you've had, so glad your mum is on the mend now, must have been a very worrying time for you, also so glad little one has been sleeping well for you, like Scarlett said, I think they definitely pick up on when something's off sorts.
Hello and welcome Beth! Xx

Oh Sammy so relieved to hear from you. I'm glad your mum is back out of intensive care, that must have been terrifying. And yay jack you little beauty! A full night's sleep does make a huge difference. I'll have my fingers crossed for you for the award and the title. I got told I'm miss slinky this week, she said im the only one who qualifies but thinking about it there are 2 other members who have lost between 2.5 and 3.5 stone so they must qualify too. Don't forget the embarrassing before pictures! (so humiliating!)

Welcome Beth, we'll let you off a couple of months :) well done for getting to target the first time round, I'm sure you'll get there again soon enough :)

Thanks Fran! Congratulations on being your group Miss Slinky! I didn't know you had to meet certain criteria, I just thought it was like the Slimmer of the Year nominations where people could be nominated no matter how far along they were in their journey! xx

Emily that sounds like a perfect day with your other half :) enjoy this evening too! xx

Back