20 somethings

Planning ahead is the key I do so much better when I've planned

Alot of you do great and you all plan, ive never been one for planning but im determined, I even scoured the net yesterday for some sw friendly slow cooker meals etc.. And being an online member will also be a huge help as I can get loads of meal ideas and syn values etc..and may try some of the 7 day plans

I like doing 7 day plans from the magazines sometimes, they do help. Planning is the key for me too.

Laura loving the plate of dinner, We had egg, chips and beans, and i had a satsuma (whilst cooking) beetroot and tomatoes and 1 syn of brown sauce, measured with measuring spoon!

Scarlet I bet it is so nice they were so excited to see you. And I bet you are looking forward to monday already :p

I lost 1lb. I was so shocked. haha. i was expecting a 2-3lb gain! I did go "ooh! I wasn't expecting that!" Now lets get the rest of this xmas gain off and back shrinking! No more biggest loser for me now. A lady who was at our group left, then she was at seaton and she's moved back to our group so I can't get it now. She is the biggest woman I've ever seen. SO lovely and funny. She lost 7.5lbs this week! Never mind, I shall plod forth. Need to get rid of all these spots that have errupted everywhere!

Most slow cooker meals can be converted to be SW friendly hunny :)

I'm happy to be completely back on plan now! Doing a food diary this week to get me back into it and make sure i don't slip into eating the crap i have over xmas - I WILL get to target soon! Plus I don't want to feel bloated and gross on saturday when i'm trying on wedding dresses! xx

Well done on the loss Fran! with you on the spots situation, my face had fully cleared but started to erupt yesterday. Too much Christmas badness!

Alot of you do great and you all plan, ive never been one for planning but im determined, I even scoured the net yesterday for some sw friendly slow cooker meals etc.. And being an online member will also be a huge help as I can get loads of meal ideas and syn values etc..and may try some of the 7 day plans

I've never been one for planning in general either, but trying to improve that. In terms of food planning, I have the same brekkie every day anyway so just make sure I've got that for the week, and then what I've started doing is cooking up 3 different meals on a Sunday or Monday and freezing up portions for the week. They do me then for lunch and dinner all week. SInce I've started doing that I've been doing much better and saving money because I'm not wasting food like I normally would.

That's brilliant Ciara. Very organised. :) I am the opposite, I try to have as much variety as possible at breakfast, I fear getting bored and in a rut.

Jo, it's bad isn't it. The side of my nose is SO sore and red, it looks like a burn :( I will kill it with fruit. Now let's get planning/food ordering!

Sammy, the food diary helped me this week, kept on track of if I have had my healthy extras and exactly how many syns I've used.

I try to keep things different too, but often if I really enjoy a meal I often end up having it frequently for a while! Xxx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

There is no filling me today!! Just had my hex B roll with bovril on, think its cos I'm sitting, but feel better if I blame it on my work out today! Xxx

Hello!

I'm a newbie. Just tying to get used to this. Starting slimming world at home. Going to maybe get a few magazines too. I have the books Etc. this is going to be 'my group' so hopefully I can get motivation from you guys......

Do any of you use the iPhone app?!? Is there a way of telling people have replied to the same thread? I'm posting messages left right and centre.........

Good look all...!!

Sam.

Hiya Sam, and welcome!

I use the app and had the same problem at first! Bottom right on your phone there are 3 dots which says 'more' below, press that then again where it says subscribed, you will find all the posts you've commented on, and the titles will be in bold if someone has replied since your post.

Hope this helps, the sight is great, and Id be lost without the girls on this thread! Good luck, have you much to Lose? Xxx

Yeah, we did have a weekly biryani for quite some time! Just done our meals planned. Mostly from the 100th SW magazine, with a few changes. Mum fancies some soups this week for lunches and I didn't like the sweet potato curry or their vegi burger so I'm swapping it for mushypea curry and our gourmet vegi burger. I've also adjusted it so it can work on EE or Red/Green because it is Red/Green but mum prefers doing EE, and if I am having a hungry day I want to be able to have some potato or something.

Welcome Sam, if you go to the "subscribed threads" you can see everywhere you've posted and if there are any replies.

Just got to do the Tesco Online shop and get scoffing :D If I can lose 1lb in 5 days, where on two of those I was naughty (A WHOLE TUB OF PRINGLES!) I'm really hoping I can kick my arse this month.

Welcome Sam! The app is better than the site because it takes you to the last post you read, whilst the site doesn't, which annoys me! I can't get the app on my new phone anymore though :(

Fran! Well done on losing a pound hunny! we must have posted at the same time when you posted that so i didn't see it! Bloody brilliant! :) xx

Awww girls!! Thanks so much! It's really refreshing to get some replies. I have I feeling I will soon be lost without you!!

Well---I'd like to lose 2 stones. I'm 12 stone 1 currently. However have been around 11 stone for years before that so it will be a little bit of a mission. I just think this will be better for me than attending the groups, plus can check in on the move!!

So have you guys lost weight doing slimming world?!? Any cupboard essentials you think I should stock up on?!? Will do a fly by to tesco!! I think I will consistently do extra easy!!

Xx

So getting work done today has turned into me looking for weekend getaways for this weekend as just realised oh doesn't have footy on Saturday haha!! Xx

ooh hope you find somewhere nice hunny! xx

Maybe not!!

I jut wanted to say thanks sooo much girlies for responding. Makes me more motivated already. I sense this might be more helpful than te groups as you can access it on the move?!?

I'm worried---as I'm going to be away one night a week for the next year and wonder how I'll manage to maintain the diet?!?

And as I better pop in the shops on the way home......any 'cannot live without' cupboard staples you could recommend?

I have 2stone to lose. Seems a fair bit to me. I've pretty active, do Its down to what I'm eating!! I'm currently 12 stone 1 but prior to this was always fluctuating between 10 and a half - 11. Never really focused on a diet before. So hope I've picked wisely!!!

Again, really chuffed you got back!!

Sam.

ooh hope you find somewhere nice hunny! xx

Thanks lovely, have found a 4* 2 nights in Leeds for £94, Friday-Sunday, but not sure whether its worth going the Friday too or not as oh wont be home from work til around 6.30. Then we will have to set off back around 9am on Sunday. Hmmm!? Xxx

Thanks lovely, have found a 4* 2 nights in Leeds for £94, Friday-Sunday, but not sure whether its worth going the Friday too or not as oh wont be home from work til around 6.30. Then we will have to set off back around 9am on Sunday. Hmmm!? Xxx

If I had to set off back so early on the sunday then i'd go the friday so that you get the full saturday there, otherwise by time you get there the day's mostly gone and you're just staying over night and then leaving. I only live in halifax so you wont be far from me! Enjoy it hunny!

Sam you will lose 2 stone easily and the plan is easy to stick to away from home if you follw extra easy, so you should be fine. I've lost 5 stone 3lbs in 8 months now and only have 1 stone 5 lbs left to target, so it definitely works! :) xx

Back