20 somethings

Just spoken to OH and we are going to have diet coke chicken tonight, looking forward to it! And no syns, so can't complain there either! Xx

That sounds strange yet really yummy! I have never heard of diet coke chicken before ... Lol x

Been to the parents and they've got donuts and biccies. Eugh

Skinnylegs I am definitely finding that. The only good thing is its a good excuse to have stews and chillis which are all really delicious and mostly syn free.

I hope everyone's having a nice Saturday. The snows stopped here but I am avoiding leaving the flat because its so icy :( just about to settle down and finally catch up with dancing on ice!

I have found most of the sw puddings along the lines of cakes etc truely suck. I'd rather have less of the good stuff for more syns.

My arm is swelling up :( I think I've pulled a muscle, mum's fretting about infection. Somehow I have still ended up doing all the cooking and will be doing all the washing up later. Oh well. Dad's working hard in the garage and mum got her stitch out yesterday so still has to be careful with her hand so I'll just see how big I can get my arm. So annoying it is in my forearm so it's an utter pain in the arse.

Holly, diet coke chicken is yummy. We had it thursday with leftovers yesterday.

I've never heard of it until I joined minimins lol xxx

how do you do it then. Silly question I know xxx

I've been MIA as well girlies due to my working hours.

Rookie mistake was made yesterday at the chinese, she gave me fried rice instead of boiled!

Just checked and apparantly its 4 syns for 300g portion. I had it with beef in black bean sauce for 5 syns and as I didn't have any prawn crackers ( so proud of myself ) I didn't eat my other 6 syns!

I've a massive test tonight as i'm currently on the way to my best friends bday celebrations.. Going to flexi syn to the max and hope i can keep away from the chipper!

Scarlett how sweet of you boyfriend, mine doesn't cook and I hate washing up so I cook and he washes so I can control what I eat at least and I love Minimins as I get so many ideas from here, it's way better than group

Hope you made it to town ok, I haven't left and my breakfast was yum, I used proper sausage but small ones and had 2 so have only used 5 syns but worth it. Pork and mushroom stir fry for tea with rice which is syn free and going to have banana and custard for my pud.

Diet coke chicken is very nice too so everyone should try that, I have heard you can do it with diet fanta and it tastes like sweet and sour but haven't tried that.

I have never thought about putting chocolate in the freezer but what a great idea Okenno as you have to really want it to to get some from there

Where did you get the recipe Camz? I have found, like Fran, that most SW sweets are pretty rubbish but I still like to try in case I ever find the one that is good :) I made Choc Orange cakes from a recipe on here and it was revolting but worth a try

Your arm is ok Fran.

Holly, chop up an onion and any other veg (e.g. mushrooms, peppers, courgette, aubergine etc) dice the chicken, then lib it all in the pan, stir fry for a bit until chicken is browned, add a can of coke (i vary it from 250ml to 500mlb depending on how much I have made) 6-8 tbsp passata, a good few dashes of worcestershire sauce. Bring to boil, then simmer for 20-30 minutes until liquid is reduced and thickened. Usually I have it with rice, did it with jacket potato on Thursday.

My arm hurts if I move it. Rubbish!

Diet coke chicken is really easy but you have to be patient...

You pour one can of diet coke in with some passatsa and a dash of worcester sauce and cook in a pan until it thickens, this takes a while but it worth it. Then you pour it over the chicken (I use skinless and boneless thighs as they're cheap and tasty!) and then put it in the oven until the chicken is cooked and then enjoy. I hate coke but love this but use none stick pans if you can to make the sauce.

I have done this from memory so suspect I may have missed something out but there are a few recipies on here which tell you exactly what you need x x

Thank you ladies!!! Going to try that next week when I get he food shop in xxx

Do try it, it is very nice and it looks like myself and Fran do it in different ways so it shows how many options you have with it.

I have mine with SW chips and salad mostly and we have it quite often as it's tasty and something we both really like and does not feel like 'diet' food x

Okay cool! Someone else has tired it with gammon and left to so that the gammon literally fell apart.. That's looked yummy too xxx

Ladies, I am hoping you can help me, I didn't go to group over xmas and new year as I booked 2 weeks off on holiday and only got my new new members pack this week but have the rules around super free changed? It is now no longer you must have 1/3 but you should try to when it makes sense? I hope this is the case so I can have fish, chips and mushy peas, SW style of course and not have to try to work out how to get some superfree in :)

Sorry for the dumb question but there is no point asking my C as she doesn't reply to text and never likes to talk in group!

Ladies, I am hoping you can help me, I didn't go to group over xmas and new year as I booked 2 weeks off on holiday and only got my new new members pack this week but have the rules around super free changed? It is now no longer you must have 1/3 but you should try to when it makes sense? I hope this is the case so I can have fish, chips and mushy peas, SW style of course and not have to try to work out how to get some superfree in :)

Sorry for the dumb question but there is no point asking my C as she doesn't reply to text and never likes to talk in group!

Yeah basically you are still meant to have your third super free with each meal, but it's not the end of the world if you don't with every single meal. It's not a dumb question at all Hun!

I've just woken up from a 2.5 hour nap... It was amazing!!!! I've been soo tired this week and it was lovely to be able to have some time to myself and just rest! I got another choccy craving this arty before my nap, but synned it and made sure that I had left a half syn for the little bit of ketchup I will need with tonight's streak and sw chips! Love being in control!

Hope you are all well? Xxx

I hate TOM I cnt stop eating! And not good stuff either! I feel completely bleugh and my throat is also starting to get sore, I may have dodged illness over xmas but im sure its catching up with me! So far today ive scoffed cheesecake, lemon meringue pie, a rustlers chicken burger, 3 croissants and a bag of white choc buttons! On the plus side, dinner will be homemade curry with wedges so low syn and plenty of superfree! I need someone to come slap me across the face lol

That is great hun. I had a nap yesterday and felt so much better for it. Nana sleep as Nate said. Napping in the lounge while we have kids tv and games going on.

Being in control is fab. I've not used my hea, heb or any syns yet. I smell a hot chocolate made from milk later. Or cheddar on my chilli. Oooh choices!

Think I'm suffering from 'hormonal bum' today fran!! Xx

Back