20 somethings

Hi Ladies!

Sorry I have been AWOL. I went to Cumbria for the weekend and then straight to London for a few days. Safe to say A LOT of calories have been consumed and I am expecting a fair whack of a gain. I no longer fit into the jeans I just slimmed into :( weigh in is at 7.30pm !

Oh you will be there now. I really hope you get good news x

Hey hun. I was just being a grumpy cow and everyone was being so positive. Feeling good now.

Hi Everyone, I'm 22 and losing weight with Slimming World, had a big gain this week 2.5lb ... and I was just wondering if anybody else has had a bad week and how do you all usually bounce back? I'm quite motivated now due to the gain but just interested in the experience of others?

There were some fabulous losses in my group this week (one guy lost 5lbs!) but they were either new or had gained last week. There were 2 people ahead of me but they didn't stay for group, so I got the award. I was shocked, but I'll take it and run with it!

Another killer Spinning class today! We had a stand-in instructor and he was lethal. My legs are already hurting!

Well done on the fab losses and lovely to have some of the regulars back!

4lb gain! Ah well lets brush that under the carpet and move on hey ...

Hi Everyone, I'm 22 and losing weight with Slimming World, had a big gain this week 2.5lb ... and I was just wondering if anybody else has had a bad week and how do you all usually bounce back? I'm quite motivated now due to the gain but just interested in the experience of others?

Hi Xianleigh! Welcome to the group.

Well as you can see above I have had a hefty gain and in fact my graph on the website resembles a ride at Alton Towers. I think it's a case of getting back on the horse and being determined to keep going. I find the embarrassment of having to explain a gain in group also helps me. Plus usually if I am off plan after a couple of days I crave fruit/veg so I am usually ready to get going again.

4lb gain! Ah well lets brush that under the carpet and move on hey ...

Hi Xianleigh! Welcome to the group.

Well as you can see above I have had a hefty gain and in fact my graph on the website resembles a ride at Alton Towers. I think it's a case of getting back on the horse and being determined to keep going. I find the embarrassment of having to explain a gain in group also helps me. Plus usually if I am off plan after a couple of days I crave fruit/veg so I am usually ready to get going again.
Thank you sooo much, my graph is exactly the same! I guess it just helps to know that everybody else goes through the same sometimes. I'm craving healthy/syn free foods now too, there's only too much naughtiness I can take before my body starts to get a bit worked up. Seems like you're working towards similar goals to me too! You have had a gain but the good thing is knowing that we'll be able to get that increased feeling of pride/relief when you work it back off again! Good luck and hope you get on OK next week.

I had a gain last week, and that really put me on track this week. In fact I think having a gain every now and then is beneficial because it stops you from becoming complacent :) Look at what happened to me, I had a gain, followed by a 5lb loss! I had my night off and got drunk, but I was so well behaved the rest of the time.

Hey girls - well what a weird day - on the one hand horrible boss tells me they are extending my contract, on the other he tells me I need to be staying later at work because he doesn't think my environment us up to scratch. Urgh!! Just grinning and bearing it and cracking on - thank Godiva a new job in the pipeline for September!! I hate this place, and everyone is SO unfriendly!! Since starting I've made a real effort to be nice to everyone, but today I walked in on my ta and a support assistant *****ing about me...on the one hand I think sod it, but on the other hand it's upsetting!! Don't want to bring it up and cause more atmosphere, but from now on I will be going in, working my socks off to keep boss at bay and keeping to myself - not being the mug who people are rude about just because I'm only temporary. URGH!!!!! Sorry, rant over! Xx

Hun that is awful, I really hope you get the new job come September, is there anyway you could leave earlier?

I hate my job and the people I work with, the only thing stopping me walking is the thought of no income. They extended my probation by saying how good my work is and how well and quickly I learn to then spend 99% of the time saying I do not care about the company because i dare to work my hours!! I don't even have work to do most of the time so not going to stay late for the sake.

If it makes you feel any better I had to listen to them having a meeting with a lady from an agency and them telling her how bad all of their admin staff (I am the 5th in 9 months, didn't know before accepted) have been even though they knew I could hear

Sorry this is such a long post but I just want you to know I get what you are going through and how awful it is so sending you hugs x x

I could leave on 30th April or 28 days notice after that but I just cannot afford to, we've just got the house and stuff :-( just gonna suck it up, work hard and keep myself to myself while I'm there - it's all I can do! Nothing like living for the weekend hey!?

Going to work til a bit later tonight so I can have a weekend of not doing too much work at home, and spending some quality time with OH. Ahh well, Friday today, ho Hum!

Hope everyone else has a great day! And at least I'm sticking to plan!! X

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I know where you are coming from. Well good luck and just do the best you can and ignore the idiots and remember you don't have to see anyone from work outside of it if you don't want to x

The gas man has just been to read the meter at my work...he was asking me if I like it here and i was pretty none commital and he said, whilst looking at my stomach knowingly, well at least you won't be here much longer. He thought I was very pregnant and about to leave, so must make sure not to wear a striped top again lol I just have to laugh it off but guess i should take it as a compliment as guess its better than him thinking I am fat

Oh dear star. True, if he thought you fat he wouldn't say anything about pregnancy in case you weren't. Still embarrassing though. I hope you find somewhere better soon. That place sounds utterly depressing.

It's not too much longer now Laura. It is almost Easter, then it'll soon be the summer holidays. Then your new school!!

Went down to the quails this morning and 3 became 8!!! They must have gone and hid in one of the weasel tunnels! Haha, crafty things. So it had just gotten one, not six. Mum's also gone and taken over ALL the cooking. I dunno how long it will last though so I might as well let her get on with it while it lasts. It is only because she got annoyed with everyone thinking I do all the cooking, but I will take the chill out time to do stuff with monkey. I think painting this afternoon if he behaves.

It's worse for them than me but by sticking to plan maybe it will happen less often :)

Great news about your quails, do you think you will hatch any?

Oh girlies, you sound like you're having terrible times! Laura, I want to come and rescue you myself! I don't like the sound of your boss one bit!

Star, when I was in training for my current job we had to give a group presentation, which was filmed, and then we watched it back with the other teams to critique it. When ours came up one guy (he was only 19 but that doesn't excuse it) said "Look how fat Emily's arms look!" Now his reasoning, apparently, was that they didn't look 'fat' in 'real life' so it was surprising that they looked so big on screen. All the same, it was a tough one to laugh off. I was mortified.

I just can't be bothered today. Feeling a bit mopey about slow weight loss. I lost 2lbs in Feb. I should be pleased - I didn't have any gains, it was just slow - but I am disappointed. My lovely 1.5lb a week average is slipping away from me. I think I might hit the soups again this week and try to do some red days. My C keeps good-naturedly scoffing at the fact I still want to lose over a stone, but I know I've been that weight before and I have clothes that still don't fit me! I just want to be there again.

I don't know why she is scoffing at that, you can do it. And that boy was a moron, who would say something like that?! I know how you feel about last month. I lost half a lb. Not even a whole one! It is utterly disheartening but there are good months and bad ones. Are you still doing a food diary? Mine turned out to be not eating enough, which sounds stupid as I was having plenty. I saw someone's diary and they said their c saw no problem with it and they were having several healthy extras a day (as in 3 heb, and 2 hea when doing extra easy) there were loads of meals with no superfree and all sorts. I know yours won't be like that, but it could be changing what you use your healthy extras on, etc.

Ahh star, good point :) no I only have girls so any eggs they lay wouldn't be fertilized. And we steal our chickens eggs so they aren't laid even if they might be fertilized by our crazy Cockrel.

I just got some of those wall stickers for the new house. i figure we will move out eventually and they were on secret sales. Been listing stuff I will need and depending on how big the place is i MIGHT be given a chair I absolutely love. One handy part of mum and dad having loads of furniture!

Oh dear ladies it all seems to be going on. Yeah i only had like a 3 pound weight loss in total in feb as i put on 2 but luckily lost 5. Its all the to-ing and fro-ing that gets irritating. I dont think Feb is a good month or January because you are still getting over christmas and the more you eatthe bigger you stomach seems to get so the more you want to eat so it is just getting back into the swing of things.

Fran do you mean the wall writings? dont know if I just got the wrong end of the stick there but I have a few of them in my flat and I love them. Everyone in the office talking about weight loss today it's so unfair when you see the guys eat chocolate crisps and sandwiches everyday and not put on a pound....:( if I look at bread I put on haha

Oh well it's friday!! and i'm gonna spend the evening curled up reading, am reading an amazing book at the moment called rose petal beach so good, i am at work thinking about getting home to read it. And then the girls are round tomorrow, so takeaway (prob curry to keep syns down) and drinks then prob town. Really can't wait, Whats everyone's plans for weekend?

I had a great month in January, probably why February frustrated me so much. But then December was rubbish and November was great and so on!

Muzza, a bit like that, but I got a road and vehicles for Nate's room, I liked the jungle animals but mum thought they were a bit babyish :( and I got a pretty bird and birdcage set for my room or the lounge. I'm about half way through doing Nate's blanket :) what's your book about? I'm reading "the woman who went to bed for a year".

I don't put on if I look at certain foods, just if I eat it. haha. My brothers used to eat loads of whatever they wanted, one's been putting on weight these past few months, but my other brother has ballooned up these past couple of years. It'll be nice to be the slim one one day! My tummy has gone down loads overnight and i've been going to the loo a lot so hopefully it's a sign of a good week. I've not weighed myself yet, but mum's been on this morning and yesterday morning!

Lyrically, that boy was an idiot!! I think I would feel the same as you at something like that. I think we all have that kind of story.

Just stick with the plan though and you'll either lose the weight or you'll find a weight your body can maintain long term where you don't have to worry long term about food all the time. I think you've a great plan and over the next couple of weeks you'll see a change on the scales I am sure

It's a shame they're all girls Fran because then you could have got some more, not to be insensitive at all but would you ever eat them or are they pets/for eggs etc? Have your parents found a new place?

I really wish I could move, my home is a good location but it's a flat and I miss having a garden.

Like Muzza says it's Friday and there are about 56 hours until I have to go to work again so it's time to have fun.

I am making chicken tikka kebabs and wedges for tea and it'll be a total of zero syns so it's going to be a good night for me :)

I am probably the smallest at my group now. My C is probably a size 20-22 so I guess maybe I'm just a body size they would be happy to stay at. I had one member commenting that she didn't understand why I'd joined SW because she'd love to be my start weight/size - but that was obese for my height. It would just be nice to feel a bit more supported by my group, rather than them all looking at me like I'm probably developing an eating disorder! I just dress for my shape - I'm a serious apple with a spare tyre round my hips and lower stomach - so my legs and arms look slim but I skim over the bad bits!

I'm going to do a food diary this week. I think maybe I'm not getting enough Superfree in. I think I did better when doing red days because it's easier to see the 1/3 SF.

Secret Sales sounds good! My OH and I keep looking at wall stickers. My aunt and uncle have found some lovely ones to go in my cousins' bedrooms (they're nearly 2) with a height chart. We didn't know where to put them in our current flat but I think we'll experiment if we get to buy a house!

Nearly home time. I've saved my Hexs and syns so I can have Nutella on toast with a hot chocolate when I get in for a bit of Friday indulgence! We're off to see A Good Day to Die Hard tonight but I think I might end up falling asleep in the cinema...

Nutella on toast sounds amazing!

My day seems to be getting worse my twitter and email have been hacked :( So if anything really strange gets posted on here with links don't open them. I am going to remove this app from my phone now whilst i attempt to learn how to do a security scan etc on my phone! X

Back