20 to 19 stone?

Happy New Year!!

Hopefully I won't ramble on and on but you know me I say that and here I am a whole novel later lol. Well I have been AWOL for 6 weeks maybe I little more and I could sit here and type a load of excuses as to why I failed and so forth but the simple fact is with my personal life in disarray I crumbled. During the situation I was extremely good and soooo proud of myself but I then came down with a stress related 'illness' (I may have mentioned this) and after 6 weeks of it and being diagnosed with stress induced IBS I went from being completely off my food to wanting everything that was bad for me and this has resulted in a 17lb gain and I deserve every single one. I am currently at a 2st 5.5lb loss so I have set my January goal to regain my 3st award so hopefully before February 1st I will be reporting my success and hopefully I will have surpassed this goal however I am not putting any pressure on myself to do so...what will be will be no use stressing out.

I weighed in today as it's January 1st but I will be weighing in as usual on Fridays so stick around and keep me company because tbh I could do with all the help and support I can get right now.

Hey! How have you been getting on the last few days? Forget the last 6 weeks, you had been doing so well and thats all that matters, we all have a little blip but you've picked yourself up, dusted off and now hopefully things are going better?x

Hey! How have you been getting on the last few days? Forget the last 6 weeks, you had been doing so well and thats all that matters, we all have a little blip but you've picked yourself up, dusted off and now hopefully things are going better?x

2 more days to WI and im 100% so yay. Not done as much exercise as I'd like but I've been physically busy doing my housework and walking my dogs so not like I've bit sat on my bum all day but WI will be the decider I guess. Hoping for a good loss but have a feeling its going to be a small one but so long as it's a loss I'm happy.

Aww thats good, good for you, i was thinking about exercise but it pisses me off when i attempt and cant do much so i normally put the hoover round and extra lap lol but thinnking i might start walking in the park or something when the weather gets nicer. start small and work up. I've got a horrid chest infection at the moment which is making doing anything a chore!

Oh sorry to hear that I hope you feel better soon. I started the body magic with SW I started out doing 5 minutes exercises and I ended up doing 20 minutes so I gradually built it up but I told myself at the beginning that my body magic wouldn't include my day to day activity because I was doing that before I started SW and it wasn't helping me so I made the effort to separate the exercise and for my 1 stone reward I got a cheap cross trainer from gumtree and I love it. Mine is aimed at my TV lol and I put one of my programmes on or the music channel and before I know it my times up and it doesn't feel like a chore. The reason I haven't done any this week is because I have been soooo busy sorting my house out cleaning and decorating wise that I've just been too exhausted to get on the cross trainer...I will get back into eventually I suppose.

aww thats such a good idea, we have an exercise bike but its in the spare room so i hardly use it! I'm going to move in into the lounge and put it infront of the TV!

Well done, that sounds like a great plan x

aww thats such a good idea, we have an exercise bike but its in the spare room so i hardly use it! I'm going to move in into the lounge and put it infront of the TV!

Well done, that sounds like a great plan x

Lol well lets face it for us girls at our size it's easy for someone to say go to a gym and do exercise but there's so much to consider that a smaller person doesn't have to. There's being self conscious of which I am I wouldn't dream of going jogging or to a gym I'd be embarrassed. There's the tomato face, the breathlessness when others around you haven't broken a sweat and aren't gasping for breath, comfortable workout clothes that don't make you look like a big fat sausage popping out its skin lol. I set a goal that when I reached 16st I'd join a gym but tbh I don't think even then I would be confident enough to do it. And then there's just doing it...we know we need to but we feel we can't do as much as we should and the first struggle and we call it a day and when I had my cross trainer in another room I actually set the alarm on my phone and kept checking it to see how much longer I had left then once I put it in front of the TV I was watching a full episode of eastenders or something like that and it wasn't until it had finished I realised I had actually been on cross trainer the whole time lol. I was also finding my toes were getting crushed which made it uncomfortable to be on so I started wearing my hubbys who is 7 shoe sizes bigger than me and the pain went away so I guess there are no excuses lol good luck with your bike I hope the TV thing works and if you're in a group or doing it online there's a body magic challenge which is distance rather than time the awards you have to do so much time for a period of time to receive them but I believe the challenges are distance related so its like biking the distance of the London marathon or crossing the English channel....not in one sitting btw...I don't know if that would encourage you a bit more. I did the awards cos my cross trainer is so cheap it doesn't have any electronics on it so I don't know distance I've walked. The options there I don't want to sound all Katie Hopkins but I noticed a dramatic difference once I started exercise I was losing a steady 2lb a week once I started exercising 2lb a week was a bad week for me lol I was losing between 3.5 - 5.5lbs a week so it's worth thinking about.

O wow thats really good, i'm def going to try it tonight! you have motivated me on, thank you :) I'll let you know tomorrow how it went!!x

Sorry for late post I had to nip into work this morning and only just got around to sitting at my computer. So...weigh in.

I woke up got on the scales, got off the scales, got on the scales...this went on for about an hour and after an hour I decided the reading on the scales must be right so my official weigh in this week is...

9LBS OFF!!!!!!!!!

I was in such disbelief I had to keep checking this means I have lost over half my 17lb gain, I have reclaimed my 2.5st & 3st award and I have exceeded my January goal of 8.5lbs to reclaim my 3st award bk by my first SW anniversary on February 1st so yeah I'm pretty damn chuffed lol I had prepared myself for a maintain as I hadn't done body magic, drank enough water, drank any green tea and I slipped up with my healthy extras this week but apparently I did something right so YAY ME!! I am a little nervous that this big loss will mean a maintain or small loss next week but tbh how can I complain even if I do maintain next week. This also is the biggest loss I have ever had on SW including first week weigh ins.

Good day today...

Sorry for late post I had to nip into work this morning and only just got around to sitting at my computer. So...weigh in.

I woke up got on the scales, got off the scales, got on the scales...this went on for about an hour and after an hour I decided the reading on the scales must be right so my official weigh in this week is...

9LBS OFF!!!!!!!!!

I was in such disbelief I had to keep checking this means I have lost over half my 17lb gain, I have reclaimed my 2.5st & 3st award and I have exceeded my January goal of 8.5lbs to reclaim my 3st award bk by my first SW anniversary on February 1st so yeah I'm pretty damn chuffed lol I had prepared myself for a maintain as I hadn't done body magic, drank enough water, drank any green tea and I slipped up with my healthy extras this week but apparently I did something right so YAY ME!! I am a little nervous that this big loss will mean a maintain or small loss next week but tbh how can I complain even if I do maintain next week. This also is the biggest loss I have ever had on SW including first week weigh ins.

Good day today...

AHHHH THATS AMAZING!!!! WELL DONE YOU! Very chuffed for you xx

AHHHH THATS AMAZING!!!! WELL DONE YOU! Very chuffed for you xx

Thank you still smiling from 9am this is just what I needed yesterday the thought of 2lb a week which is my goal and shifting my 17lb gain at that rate seemed never ending but now I feel like I can do it by my SW anniversary on feb 1st so now excited cos until that gains gone I won't feel like im losing weight cos ive already lost this weight once if you can make sense of that mumbling lol

Wi day... 5 pound off!! Chuffed with that!! Morning btw, good weekend?x

Congratulations on your loss that's amazing well done. Weekend not so fab but can't be helped...how was your weekend?

Sts for me so happy with that cos after an emotionally challenging week and not being 100% on plan I thought I might have undone last weeks loss so I am really happy with a sts its like last week never happened and I can start over as of right now.

Hello ladies im back after a very indulgent Christmas, I gained 4lbs in 4 weeks, so ive been focusing on loosing that, had my 3rd weigh in this year last night with 1/2lb off so im back to my pre-christmas weight of 20 stone 13lbs.

Just 13lbs to my first mini target yay!

Im a bit annoyed the 1/2lb off if im honest, I tried 2 days of SP and it really irratated my ibs and caused me to bloat BIG TIME yesterday. I felt like I had been pumped up, thankfully the bloat is going down today, and I have been advised by my consultant not to do SP as I dont need it.

I want a big loss next week!

Ive also changed my time of weigh in this year, still on a Thursday but to 7.30pm instead og the morning group. Hope you ladies are okay xx

I just wanted to say thanks for all the posts you guys have made. You guys have helped motivate when there were tough times. I've been reading along for the longest time and finally built up enough courage to join and post, so here I am! I started SW in June and have stuck with it ever since. A few little bumps along the way and still a long way to go but hopefully we'll all get there in the end. :)

I just wanted to say thanks for all the posts you guys have made. You guys have helped motivate when there were tough times. I've been reading along for the longest time and finally built up enough courage to join and post, so here I am! I started SW in June and have stuck with it ever since. A few little bumps along the way and still a long way to go but hopefully we'll all get there in the end. :)

Always here to help afterall were all in the same boat :)

I'm in the 20's and hoping to get in the 19's by my holiday to Turkey in 5 weigh ins

Lost 6.5lb this week to bring me down to 20st 8lb

Can't wait to be under 20 stone!!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins.com mobile app

Hi everyone,

I am so sorry I just vanished completely. I have been struggling both personally and slimming world wise. I have had ups and downs of every kind since my last update. I could sit here and bore you with the specifics and by all means if you want to know please ask my SW journey is an open book I just don't want to return by doing this huge long blog about all the negative things when I am trying to focus on the positives. :)

I have finally admitted defeat and I will be attending a SW group at 9:30am tomorrow morning. I still don't know how I feel about attending group because of the negative experience I had last time and unfortunately due to timing and scheduling the only time that does fit with me is 9:30am and the only group locally that provides this group is my old group or my old consultant at least. I just keep focusing on the fact that things are different this time.

1. I am losing the weight for the right reasons this time and not for others
2. My daughter is now 3.5 years old last time I attended she was just under 2 and was very hard to keep entertained and as I do have to take her with me until September when she starts full time school I feel it will be a lot easier to keep her entertained this time around i.e. the tablet lol
3. I know what to expect as far as group and consultant are concerned
4. Due to recent circumstances I feel I am a lot more confident and verbal so the consultant will not pull the same **** with me this time round or she'll get put in her place...her job is to help me with my SW journey and if I don't feel she is doing that then I'll call her out on it.

I will obviously report back tomorrow with how things went and my 1st official group weigh in. I am sad as I am changing weigh days but a small sacrifice for a happier me.

Not much more to report.

So happy to be back....hope you're all ok and doing well.

Jo xx

Hi Everyone, Didnt go to group yesterday as I have had a day of it!

Good news my nan is finally out of the woods and will be getting better!

I started star week this week and my appetite has been UNSTOPPABLE.

Does anyone else feel like that when they are on?

:(

Hi Guys

Many apologies I haven't been SW friendly due to illness but I am back on it this week I just haven't had a second to come on here and update things. First update I have left group, I am returning to it but atm I just can't justify spending the money on SW group as I am struggling to pay my bills and that £20 a month could be used on something else so currently doing it at home on my own and I am soooo missing the app I miss quickly looking up syn values but I have the book from group and Minimins to help me. Also due to finances I am really struggling to buy SW friendly food not including this past Friday the 3 previous Fridays my shopping list has been milk, bread, potatoes and pet food. I have been making meals out of my not SW friendly freezer running it down to restock it with SW food. I did do a good shop this last week which is why I feel like I can be on SW this week because I have the right ingredients (literally lol) to stay on track. I have however just calculated my syns for this week and I have gone over by 18 oops lol also I dared to step on the scales yesterday...wish I hadn't I am disgusted in myself I swore I would never return to the 20s but I was weighing in at 20st 4lbs yesterday...I am not taking this too seriously as I haven't eaten well last few weeks and also its star week. I just can't wait to get back on track 100% (being naughty with water and green teas) but once the weight starts dropping off I think I will become more determined its just been a while since I've seen a loss. I go on holiday to Butlins May 18th and I'm hoping by May 15th (weigh in before I go) to have lost a stone.

Back