20 weeks 20 lbs

Well done for getting back on it! Be careful with take away calories as it can be very easy to underestimate them. Little steps are always the best approach x

I actually weighed my fish and chips once and cross referenced against the association of fish fryers official nutritional website- was shocked at chips cals (way more than I guessed) and pleasantly surprised by fish calories.

My problem is portion size!!

I actually weighed my fish and chips once and cross referenced against the association of fish fryers official nutritional website- was shocked at chips cals (way more than I guessed) and pleasantly surprised by fish calories. My problem is portion size!!

I weighed mine last week! I used MFP though - I took it to be sort of accurate. I think it was more the type of food rather than the amount of calories!! I'm properly on it this week! No half hearted attempt anymore!

I've just got to bed!was walking around the house like a loon! Trying to get to 10000 steps!

Food today

B - weetabix

L - ham sandwich crisps apple

D - spag bol yoghurt

S - cashews, mini crisps breads

Under my cal goal but will make up for that I'm sure on the weekend.

I've just got to bed!was walking around the house like a loon! Trying to get to 10000 steps!

Food today

B - weetabix

L - ham sandwich crisps apple

D - spag bol yoghurt

S - cashews, mini crisps breads

Under my cal goal but will make up for that I'm sure on the weekend.

I do that. ..pacing up and down the hallway to get steps! I've got a mini trampoline set up in the lounge which is brilliant for boosting the numbers!

Mixed day yesterday.

B - weetabix and milk

S - cashews

L - ham sandwich and crisps, banana

D - steak, chips, ketchup, Eton mess

I went out for dinner with my friends from work. I tried to choose simple food, and I chose Eton mess because I thought no chocolate BUT they drizzled it with chocolate sauce. The only way to avoid it was not to eat it so I had to eat a bit of tge chocolate, although I didn't clear my plate just ate the meringue and fruit and whatever cream was around it.

I did 14000 steps as I went to the gym so I still came under calories a bit.

I'm going to have a good day today and then see how the weekend pans out.

I'm struggling to post in the evening now as I usually do it when I go to bed but I fell asleep as soon as my head hit the pillow last night!

Yesterday was a good day

B - weetabix

S - banana and cashews

L - tinned tuna a little mayo and two crisp breads

D - gammon steak, new potatoes and salad

S - Greek style toffee yogurt.

Gym - 33 minutes on the cross trainer, 15 minutes on the treadmill, free weights, kettlebell and body weight exercises for 15 minutes.

Today I've got missfit then having a body fat test then home to clean, Mark some exams and do any other work so I can have the bank holiday off. Got one major piece of work to do and then the stress should be less, before it's GCSEs and a level exam prep. Then after half term it will all be over!! Just prep for next year, which I really enjoy. Duno who I think cares about that but I feel a whole lot better seeing it in black and white!

Urgh I just came back from the gym. Had my body fat test! It was soul destroying!! 31.2%! I was 4 lbs lighter on the scale but I will stick to my home weigh in number!

He gave me a good plan but I'm not sure if I can do it it's very restrictive for two weeks. I will cut out carbs and eat more protein though. I'll follow some of the principles I think. I need to go food shopping first.

Did missfit though. I did lots of burpees so I'd say I have them nailed down. Next to crack are press ups!

Food today has been good I think. Just had the most delicious dinner. It was made from scratch so tasted clean and healthy!!

B - protein shake

S - cashews

L - toast and peanut butter

S - banana

D - chicken cooked in piri piri sauce (made from scratch), lemon and mint cous cous, mixed salad leaves, green beans and Greek yogurt with lemon juice and mint.

I really enjoyed it and it goes with what the guy who did my body fat test recommended.

Did missfit this morning and will do some arms work before bed as that's what was horribly high in terms of the amount of fat the guy could pinch with his callipers!

I'm going to do arm exercises every day. Will have another test in a month's time. I need to walk a bit to get my 10000 steps today. I can't have less anymore!

Mixed day - it started so well!!

Got up and went for a 50 minute walk. Had breakfast, took my little girl swimming, had what I thought was my main meal of the day at the gym, then my sister came over with plans for a takeaway - I made no attempt to resist!!

So, food

B - 2 boiled eggs

L - teriyaki salmon with noodles, side salad and a side of sweet potato chips

S - strawberries

D - chicken tikka masala and pilau rice

Only had half the portion of the Indian. Shared with my sis. Adding up the exercise, I only went over by 100 calories. So, taking into account the deficits of the last weeks it won't do too much harm.

Plan for tomorrow is to do a 7 mile walk on the seafront in Swansea and have a pub lunch.

I hope I'll lose something on Tuesday! Anything will be great. I'm losing all hope! Every time I go on a diet I get to this weight easily then stall big time! I hope to be less than 10 St 9.4 lbs cos that was what I was the morning I went on holiday 5 weeks ago and I still haven't shifted it, over 3 weeks after I came home! Aargh! So frustrating - I haven't eaten any chocolate this week or cheese, I've only gone over calories once and have done 10000+ steps everyday, been to the gym 3 times and been for a walk 3 days.

Thanks. That's sort of what I've tried to do. Iau fitness pal tells me I can have 1500 cals a day, before exercise. You seem to be quite clued up on this and on another thread you've mentioned that you have 11% fat! So maybe you can advise me on something - I often don't eat the calories recommend, I'm more or less under all the time, do you think this is slowing down my weightloss? Do I need to eat more? Will that help?

Elsbels you are doing fab :)

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins.com

A little bit miffed!! We went for our long walk. On the way there my husband pushed the pushchair - when we arrived I'd already got to 10000 steps. Did about 2500 before starting during the morning. By the time we got back to the car I'd done 15000 steps so 7500 there but only 5000 back. The difference - I pushed the pushchair on the way back, I can't manually add steps can I? It can't possibly be less steps on the way back, we took the same route!

A little bit miffed!! We went for our long walk. On the way there my husband pushed the pushchair - when we arrived I'd already got to 10000 steps. Did about 2500 before starting during the morning. By the time we got back to the car I'd done 15000 steps so 7500 there but only 5000 back. The difference - I pushed the pushchair on the way back, I can't manually add steps can I? It can't possibly be less steps on the way back, we took the same route!

How annoying! Are you using a fitbit? Mine is a zip one so clips on my jeans and is pretty accurate. ... I've counted in my head then checked it!

You could manually add some of the walking minutes to count towards calories but it won't add to your step count

It's usually good but I think pushing the pushchair made my arms too still! It's a FitBit flex so it's on my arm. Never mind it's not the end of the world. It's just a little annoying.

It's usually good but I think pushing the pushchair made my arms too still! It's a FitBit flex so it's on my arm. Never mind it's not the end of the world. It's just a little annoying.

At least it under counted instead of over x

At least it under counted instead of over x

Yeah that's a good point.

I'm going to log today's food now so that I stop where I am.

B - porridge and a boiled egg

S - banana

L - Cajun chicken, chips and salad (I added 100 calories to what MFP said)

S - vanilla ice cream cone - got to be done

D - carrot sticks and humous, prawns and mixed leaves

S - protein shake.

I came in at 1507 calories but have a bit of a buffer because of the walk.

Gym tomorrow night. I've got my menu set out for the rest of the working week, so as long as I stick to it i should have a good week.

Would usually save this til later but I'm excited! I lost 1.2 lbs! So now I'm 10st 8.6 lbs. the holiday weight gain is finally gone!! It may not seem much but it's more than I thought it would be after my sneaky weigh ins! I'm 0.8 lbs ahead of schedule, so even though it would be nice if it came off quicker, this is what I set out to do from the start so I must remember that!

I've already allocated my calories for today and got the gym later tonight.

Miserable weather here in Swansea but I'm in a fantastic mood!

Start weight 11st 3.4 lbs
Current weight 10st 8.6 lbs
Total loss 8.8 lbs after 8 weeks.

Oh wow hun!!!!? Im sooooooo proud of you!!!!

Well done!! You go girl xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins.com

Oh wow hun!!!!? Im sooooooo proud of you!!!! Well done!! You go girl xx Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins.com

Thanks - it may only be a small amount really but in the past I've gone up to about 11-11.5st got down to 10st 9 and stalled so it's a huge deal to see that number 8!

Back