2009 - My last diet (CD)

Is it too early for lunch??

Thank you everyone! :D:D:D

I've made it to 11:30 and I'm counting down now to my first pack of the day. I'm 1.5l in so I'm on the loo every 3 mins! lol

I'm going to do some clearing out of cupboards and stuff this afternoon to occupy myself. Still don't feel safe enough to 'mingle' in case I'm not strong enough, so all contact with friends/family is currently via the phone. Needs must I'm afraid! :p

Day 3 ... still here!

Morning all! Well, I've now got day 2 under my belt. Glad I did this over the weekend as there's no way I could be glugging and weeing this much at work! :waterbottle::waterbottle:

Well it's day 3 now. I've had my first litre, and I'm still feeling ok. I've luckily not really had any headaches or anything, although at times I'm starving. I tried a Marigold bouillon drink yesterday and it kept the edge off for a good while.

Lyn - in answer to your question I try to put off my first pack for as long as possible. This is because for me personally I don't usually have breakfast, and my 'trigger' time is in the evenings. I get home from work, and I'll either pick up or order a takeaway on a bad day, or generally graze. Chocolate is my biggest downfall, and at night I really struggle not to get a big galaxy and eat it all!:17729:

So the solution I have is to concentrate on liquids in the morning, mainly hot teas like dandelion or green as well as water so I keep warm and feel better from sipping, then I have my first pack at lunch - around 1 or later. That way, I keep 2 packs for the evening - 1 soup and 1 sweet (shake or porridge) and feel like I'm having two courses. I have my soup at around 6:30-7pm, and my 'dessert' at 8-8:30pm when I'm watching tv. It replaces my chocolate snacking as I'm still eating something. Obviously this isn't for everyone, and I'd much prefer to have a breakfast, lunch and dinner like 'normal' people, but until I get my trigger times under control, this works best for me. Last night was a real struggle, and for a few hours all I could think about was having a biscuit or some chocolate
:fear: but I'd taped some programmes about dieting and watched those to inspire me to keep on track. I know that if I can survive until Tuesday or Wednesday I'll be fine, it's just a real battle getting there!!! :fingerscrossed:

So, here's to day 3. Hope everyone is on track today too - let's knuckle down for the week ahead - we can do this!!!

:wee:

Well Done Loopy! Not long now and you will be in the PINK Zone! Wooo Hoooo! :D
I'm just like you, I always have my first pack after 1.30pm and save the other two for my trigger times in the evenings!
Keep on going! x

Argh ... today is going veeeery slooooowly

Ok need to type while bath is running so I don't go and hide in the kitchen cupboards. :ashamed0005:

I'm still going - 2.5l in (not going too quick as it makes me feel bleugh) and hoping for another 1-1.5ls before 7pm. Have to stop then or I won't sleep.

It's a miserable rainy day, and I've not been out, so it's times like these when I'd eat out of boredom. Hence the bath. I've already washed my bedding, tidied my wardrobe and after my bath I shall file away my bills and paperwork. Wow, I'm productive when I'm hungry lol
:character00238:

I will get through today - then I'll have done goal 2, and be closer to goal 3. Hurrah! :whip:

DAY 4!!!!!!! Yay me!

I did it! I got through day 3. I didn't even celebrate with a twix! ;)

So here I am on day 4, 11am and 1.5l into my day. My tetra is sitting waiting to play at 1pm, and I've finally worked out how to make the porridge nicely so I'm looking forward to a chilli soup and porridge tonight.

I'm feeling a lot more optimistic today, and I'm trying to occupy myself at work. I had a sneaky weigh (I know I shouldn't!) and I'm already 6lbs down. I'm so happy I could pop.

I might even complete my first week at this rate :p

Hope everyone is having a lovely day. Onwards and downwards :D:D:D

I did it! I got through day 3. I didn't even celebrate with a twix! ;)

So here I am on day 4, 11am and 1.5l into my day. My tetra is sitting waiting to play at 1pm, and I've finally worked out how to make the porridge nicely so I'm looking forward to a chilli soup and porridge tonight.

I'm feeling a lot more optimistic today, and I'm trying to occupy myself at work. I had a sneaky weigh (I know I shouldn't!) and I'm already 6lbs down. I'm so happy I could pop.

I might even complete my first week at this rate :p

Hope everyone is having a lovely day. Onwards and downwards :D:D:D

Woooo Hooooo
Well done Loopy! You will be a skinny mini in no time! Keep on going! :D

I had a sneaky weigh (I know I shouldn't!) and I'm already 6lbs down. I'm so happy I could pop.

Congrats!!

I know people always say you shouldnt weight yourself everyday, just once a week, but I find weighing in frequently is good motivation as you know its working, and if you know you have already lost weight you dont want to give up as you know you will put it back on!

xoxo

Day 6 ... still truckin

Morning all!

Well after possibly the worst day ever yesterday when I found out that I'm 90% to be made redundant
:cry:and it was my TOTM, I managed to hold it together and not stick my face in a huge cake. The main reason was because I was on day 5 and coming out of the painful stage ie not hungry all day, and I just couldn't face starting at day 1 again. Had this all happened on day 2, I'd have had a takeway, chocolate and other crap by now. :help2:

So I'm trying not to think about any of it. I'm off to find out about my job at lunch time, and I'm trying sooooo hard to stay focussed. I'm thinking that if the worst happens, I'll want to be looking for a new job and interview in a nice suit, not a tent! Also I'm so glad I bought a few weeks packs and don't have to worry about buying food for a while.

Tomorrow is my 7th day, which means I can weigh in on Friday. That will be my first WI (not been on scales since my sneaky weigh) and that should spur me through the weekend and the job ads!

Hope everyone's doing good today. I'm off to get ready for my D-Day interview ... :innocent0001:

Morning all!

Well after possibly the worst day ever yesterday when I found out that I'm 90% to be made redundant
:cry:and it was my TOTM, I managed to hold it together and not stick my face in a huge cake. The main reason was because I was on day 5 and coming out of the painful stage ie not hungry all day, and I just couldn't face starting at day 1 again. Had this all happened on day 2, I'd have had a takeway, chocolate and other crap by now. :help2:

So I'm trying not to think about any of it. I'm off to find out about my job at lunch time, and I'm trying sooooo hard to stay focussed. I'm thinking that if the worst happens, I'll want to be looking for a new job and interview in a nice suit, not a tent! Also I'm so glad I bought a few weeks packs and don't have to worry about buying food for a while.

Tomorrow is my 7th day, which means I can weigh in on Friday. That will be my first WI (not been on scales since my sneaky weigh) and that should spur me through the weekend and the job ads!

Hope everyone's doing good today. I'm off to get ready for my D-Day interview ... :innocent0001:

Sorry to hear about your job hun. The only positive is that at least you'll be able to spend some more time exercising / going to gym? Ive been given my leaving date for work too, and I cant wait to finish and be able to put more effort in to myself!

Also I love being on TOM coz it means the scales more down a bit more than they would normally - so look at the positives!!

Will all be ok hun xxxx

Day 7 and finding my stride :)

Awww, thank you! :flowers:

You're right about the TOTM shifting a bit extra - that's what I'm hoping for lol. Well it's WI tomorrow, so I'll see how I've done. I've managed to keep away from the scales so I can have a bit of a surprise! :scale:

All in all, I feel good at the moment. I've done a week (almost!) and I'm glad I've picked now to do it. With everything going on I could sooooooo easily have comforted myself with another stone!! :17729: Also, I would normally have been drowning my sorrows down the pub (had a number of invites and somehow somewhere found the strength to decline - for now!!) and that usually initiates a McD/Burger King/KFC afterwards, and a Dominos the next day to deal with the hangover. So all in all, I'm quite proud of myself.

Hurrah! :D

WEIGH IN!!!

Happy Friday everybody!!! :stickdance:

Ok, so it's my first weigh in today!!! Hurrah. :scale:

Week 1 weight loss: 10lbs
Week 1 inch loss: 10 inches

:8855:

I can't believe it! I'm so happy! The very first time I did CD I lost 9lbs in my first week, so I've beaten even that. I know it settles down from here, but it's such a boost it's amazing! I'm totally inspired to carry on now. I've done my first week, I feel great now, and feeling rubbish on my first 4-5 days is a distant memory. :innocent0002:

I'm going to keep on going and you never know, I might be close to my first stone in only my second week. Unbelievable.

Hope everyone else is having a good day.

:thankyouthankyou:

Thats amazing!! Congratulations on such a wonderful weightloss!!!

And yes I know what you mean about dominoes on hangover days!! Or pizza hut lunch buffet! Thats the main reason I dont drink anymore - because I eat everything in sight!

Thank you thank you thank you!!! :D And to Rennes - merci beaucoup! ;)

Well, I had a mini blip yesterday - you see I had laser eye surgery on Friday (oooh it's all going on!) and have had people bringing me flowers and grapes! Argh! Yesterday, so as not to look rude, I ate about 6 grapes. It's knocked me onto borderline ketosis but now I'm recovered and can see again (hurrah!) I'm back 100%.

Still a bit bright everywhere so am only online for a little bit (wearing sunglasses can you believe!) :cool:. I'll be back into ketosis tomorrow, and have lost another 2lbs.

Yay!

Hope everyone else is good today and having a lovely weekend. I'm getting my ski stuff out ready for the snow forecast tomorrow ... woo hoo!!

Congrats on the loss and glad to hear the eye op went well. Cant believe so few grapes kicks you out of ketosis, how depressing!xx

Well done for sounding so positive :) glad your eye surgery went well and you are back on plan :) just shows the sugar in fruit eh! lol
Well done on the loss too :)

WEIGH IN!!

Hellooo! I'm back!

Well I still can't see perfectly, so I'm typing in big font lol.

Today was my second weigh in, and believe me, it's been touch and go this week with all the medication and eye drops I've been on. There's been times when I just had to have a few spoons of sugar puffs (only food in cupboard) because I felt so dizzy and needed something to line my stomach with all the tablets. So, da da dahhhhh ...

Week 2: 3lbs gone!!!
Inches: 6 inches gone!!!

I'm absolutely made up! Hurrah! That's 13lbs in 2 weeks. I'm still having to eat a bit when I feel lacking and so I'm not ill on the painkillers, but all in all I'm trying as much as possible to be angelic!

Thanks for your good wishes. I'll hopefully be able to write more and see more in the next few days :D

Back