2009 - My last diet (CD)

Loopy_Lou

Just about on the wagon!
:sign0144:

Hello everyone! Some of you may remember me, others of you may not, but I've been on and off here more times than I care to remember! So here's a brief summary:

I did CD a few years ago, starting out at 13s11 - the heaviest I had ever been. I did a few months, then took a break, then a few more, then a break, and although I did a kind of stop-start version, it worked for me. In all, I finished up just over 10s some 6 months after starting, which I'd not been for probably 15+ years. I was over the moon!! I was in size 12, went to the gym 4-5 times a week, I was attracting lots of attention, I was confident, and life was good. What I didn't do was address why I'd got so big in the first place. So the minute I resumed 'normal' food, my weight went up. And up. And up.

So long story short, over the next few years, I tried different things - back on cd, hypnosis, calorie counting, etc - but again I wasn't addressing the root. I also think I wasn't ready, which may sound odd, but the first time I lost the weight I still 'felt' big even though I 'looked' small. Anyhoo, I'm back again. I've had a bit of a stressful time and have just been told I find out next week if I'm made redundant or not. So the time has come - I simply cannot put my life on hold any longer. I need to start this year as I mean to go on, without hiding behind my weight restriction.

I read the Sun online every week for the Fit Squad, and every week the person featured seems to do CD to get themselves started and 'wipe the slate clean'. Now don't get me wrong, I'm doing CD and mentioning CD and that's because it's the only VLCD I've done, and I know it works. But I also know that LT and LL work, and have friends who have done those and lost their weight, so I don't want anyone to think I'm pushing CD. I'm pushing VLCDs, but CD was the one I picked. :)

So here I am, back where I started and I'm angry with myself for letting me do this.
:rant2: It's nobody elses fault - I've let myself not only put all my weight back on, but another few pounds besides! I'm now 14s4lb :eek:, which is the heaviest I've ever been, and I've made contact with my CDC again. I'm waiting for an email back so I can hottail it up there to get my fix! lol. I've set myself lots of targets rather than just wanting to get to my goal. I really hope I can do it this time, because I really can't go through this again. I'm living a half life - I don't go out and meet new people, I eat on my own, and I hide myself in big clothes. I also hide myself by being everyone's fat funny friend, and while I go out a lot, I'm never comfortable and always feel people are judging me. If I'm stuck in a booth in a bar and need to get passed someone, I think they're thinking "she can't get out because she's so fat", or if I go to the cinema/theatre, or even when I'm on the tube, I'm conscious that I might be taking up more room in the seats. I also get so out of breath, always feel uncomfortably full, and I'm just generally not happy. This is my last chance.

I hope this hasn't been too depressing, but I want to remember how I feel right now so that once I've started I can a) motivate myself by reminding myself why I'm doing this, and b) compare how I'm feeling as I lose the weight which will hopefully spur me forward. :bunnydance:

I'll keep you informed how I get on, but I'm aiming to start by next week. Wish me luck - I need it!!! :innocent0001:

Good luck to all of you too, whatever you're doing and however you're doing it! Let's all make this year the year we sort out our demons and move onwards and upwards for good!:fingerscrossed:

Hello
I remember you! I restarted too 9 days ago. I know what you mean about the tube, cubicles ect, I have the same thoughts about myself! Welcome back to minimims. I am sure you will do well. I'm sure you will not need any luck, you have made the decision to do CD again and I'm sure you will do great. If you need any encouragement, we are all here to help and support you. x:)

Hello sweetie - I love the avatar! lol

How are you getting on after 9 days? It seems such a long way off to me at the moment. Good for you!!!! 9 days is fantastic!
:p:p:p

Hello sweetie - I love the avatar! lol

How are you getting on after 9 days? It seems such a long way off to me at the moment. Good for you!!!! 9 days is fantastic!
:p:p:p

I am doing great thanks. Ive been trying to get back on CD for about 3 years, I just could not stick to more than 2 or 3 days, but this time it's different. I suppose my head is just in the right place now. I get a little bit tearfull in the evenings when I'm watching everyone else eat, but I have so far resisted the urge and just try and keep myself busy.
I'm glad you like the avatar...Stu and I were zooming around Crete in the hire car last October and I had to scream at him to stop the car so that I could get a picture of the village sign. It just seemed so funny and so apt for me! :D

Good for you! I know exactly what you mean about the restarting. I've tried everything for a couple of years now, and while they all work, I've not been in the right place to get my head together and that is what is needed for anything to work!

I've spoken to my CDC now, and I'm picking my packs up on Friday first thing, so I'll start that day. That way, I can feel pants over the weekend and stay in bed moaning! :4635:

Keep on going - I'm right behind you!!!

Day 1 - and we're off!

Well, I've started!! :eek: I've had a litre of water and a large green tea so far, and although I'm hungry I'm going to hang on til lunch until I have my tetra. I remember from last time that the evenings were always a struggle for me, so if I could save a couple of packs for then I'd be better. So I'm having a banana tetra around 1ish, then I'm going to stay in and be moody tonight, and have a soup and a porridge with sweetener like a kind of dessert. :p

I decided to start today so I can feel rubbish over the weekend. Hopefully I'll be in ketosis by Tues or Weds (always took me a good 5 days) and then I'm away.

It's gonna be a looooooong trek, but I've started and I'm on my way! Yippee!

:D:D

Well, I've started!! :eek: I've had a litre of water and a large green tea so far, and although I'm hungry I'm going to hang on til lunch until I have my tetra. I remember from last time that the evenings were always a struggle for me, so if I could save a couple of packs for then I'd be better. So I'm having a banana tetra around 1ish, then I'm going to stay in and be moody tonight, and have a soup and a porridge with sweetener like a kind of dessert. :p

I decided to start today so I can feel rubbish over the weekend. Hopefully I'll be in ketosis by Tues or Weds (always took me a good 5 days) and then I'm away.

It's gonna be a looooooong trek, but I've started and I'm on my way! Yippee!

:D:D

Yippeeeeeee you are safely on to day 1!
Well done. You can do it! Just keep glugging the water and keep yourself busy and you will soon be in the pink zone!

Hi loopy_lou

I just wanted to offer my encouragment.

I've been on the green tea myself today.
I know it's supposed to be really good for you, but it tastes rubbish.
Still I'm sticking with it.

good luck.

Keep going hun!

Good idea starting so you feel awful over the weekend. I hate it when I feel rubbish at work, and the vending always convinces me it can make me feel better if I buy that bar of choccy!!

Thank you everyone! :D

However good an idea feeling bad at the weekend is, I'm regretting it now as it's fish and chip day in work and the room smells delicious! A banana tetra just isn't cutting it at the moment I'm afraid! Still, I can't give up on day 1, so I'm stronger than I would normally be!

Rennes - it's funny but I'm so used to drinking green tea now that normal tea and milk tastes odd. I can't have too much of it though as the caffeine in it makes me buzz! :D I've had 2 now, and I've measured how much the large cups hold (aren't I sad!) and it's 330mls, so one more tea (might have peppermint) and I've already done my 2l for today. Hurrah! Anything else will be extra. I need to stop by 6pm though or I'll be up all night - now that much I remember from last time. :p

Good luck everyone else - hope you're all having a good day.

x

Hi Loopy

I remember you, Ive done pretty much the same, been on and off for the last few years. Im pretty much the same weight you are. Still havent managed to get back on it yet, but im hopeful :rolleyes:

Maybe im being thick (probably) but wouldnt 3 x 330ml cups equal to 1 litre not 2??

Good luck with it, Mandy xx

Full of liquid now

Hey Lola good to see you!

Don't worry, you're not being thick at all. In my first post I said I'd had a litre of water first thing this morning, so it's 2 in total. I wasn't being clear. :p

I'm on the peppermint tea now - luckily it smells nice, so I've been sniffing it while everyone around me eats their chips!

I'm also trying to control my loo trips as I work in a room full of men, and I'm sure they think there's something wrong with me! Been 3 times so far, which I think is good. I'll start disguising my visits "just going to get a drink" and go, "just going to the copier" and go again! Should be more under control by Monday ...

Ignore the fish and chips, although they smell nice think about how awful all those people will feel after gorging on them!!

Day 2 - achieved first goal!!!

I'm alive! I have now done 1 full day of SS with nooooo cheating! Hurrah. That's one goal down ... :thankyouthankyou:

So yesterday was fine as predicted until I got home. I'd decided to have a night in (Friday is my 'go mad' night) so I could cut myself off from everyone and have no temptations. I had my second pack (chilli soup) at 7pm, and I tried the apple & wotsit porridge at 8:30pm, then that was me done. Not sure about the porridge - was a bit lumpy, but then there was something to chew on and it wasn't around when I was last on CD so it was all new and exciting! Never had a yellow packet before :p

I must admit that I drove myself mad from 8:45 onwards thinking "well just one piece of chocolate, or just one whatever", but I thought no. I can't sabotage myself before I begin! I remember so clearly last time that it suddenly clicks one day (about day 5 for me) and I'm not hungry or tempted, so if I can just battle on and countdown to day 5, I'll be ok.

So, day 2 has begun. Time for a glug.
:character00100:

Have a lovely weekend everyone, and have a good positive day!

:innocent0002:

I'm alive! I have now done 1 full day of SS with nooooo cheating! Hurrah. That's one goal down ... :thankyouthankyou:

So yesterday was fine as predicted until I got home. I'd decided to have a night in (Friday is my 'go mad' night) so I could cut myself off from everyone and have no temptations. I had my second pack (chilli soup) at 7pm, and I tried the apple & wotsit porridge at 8:30pm, then that was me done. Not sure about the porridge - was a bit lumpy, but then there was something to chew on and it wasn't around when I was last on CD so it was all new and exciting! Never had a yellow packet before :p

I must admit that I drove myself mad from 8:45 onwards thinking "well just one piece of chocolate, or just one whatever", but I thought no. I can't sabotage myself before I begin! I remember so clearly last time that it suddenly clicks one day (about day 5 for me) and I'm not hungry or tempted, so if I can just battle on and countdown to day 5, I'll be ok.

So, day 2 has begun. Time for a glug.
:character00100:

Have a lovely weekend everyone, and have a good positive day!

:innocent0002:

Well done on completing Day 1! Keep glugging the water and remember the more you drink the more you shrink! :D

Does this apply to tea and coffee too?

Well it mainly appplies to VLCD like Cambridge diet or Lighter Life. You have to drink about 4lt's of water per day on these diets to help with the weight loss. But drinking a few extra glass's of water is concidered good for you on any diet.

Back