200g of veggies is LOADS

Oh, and my dad never ate any vegetable apart from peas I think :). I know that eating veggies in quantity will help me maintain though so I'm learning about interesting ways of incorporating veggies now and along with the portion control, ie I can be full with 100g of protein and 200g veg, they are the key principles I will use in maintenance.

Do you really not like any at all Starlight? Surely there must be some that you like? They're a really good education for preparing for maintenance.

Dont like any at all. Its a pest because the number of times Ive been out, and someones had a cracking big salad and Ive thought 'that looks gorgeous' but I just cant eat them at all.

BordersGirl said:
Oh, and my dad never ate any vegetable apart from peas I think :). I know that eating veggies in quantity will help me maintain though so I'm learning about interesting ways of incorporating veggies now and along with the portion control, ie I can be full with 100g of protein and 200g veg, they are the key principles I will use in maintenance.

Good thinking! Its good to know for maintenance. I've never been overly fussed on plain veg myself, like boiled veg or salad so I don't eat it if I can get away with it, but I like veg in things, like lasagne or curry so I usually have to have some kind of sauce with my veggies.

I would prefer it if the only green things I ate were fruit pastilles! Hahaha!! :D

That's why I've been doing things like veggies in a roasting bag with chicken, and adding spices to make it more interesting. I like veggies in sauce too but as sauces are generally quite calorific I'm trying to find other things to do with them to make them more interesting without adding the calories.

Its loads for me because I have
40g raw baby spinach leaves and 40g rocket
then 120g of mushrooms , peppers and courgette

Its a massive plate full :)

Just bumping this one up again for info as I happened to be on the phone to S&S this morning and asked if it was raw or cooked weight of veg.
The answer is it's 200g consumed, however you're going to eat it. So if it's cauli or broccoli it's the cooked weight but if it's lettuce or cucumber it's the raw weight - obviously! Just imagine cooked lettuce yuk lol

Cooked lettuce is nice actually!
Chinese normally don't eat raw lettuce they cook it.
If you want to try it use iceberg - it's much nicer than chinese leaf imho.
Use it in a stir fry instead of chinese leaf or bok choi (it's loads cheaper too).
Cooked cucumber is also edible.

It's weird reading about adults who don't eat veg! I've seen small children moan about some veg but never adults.

My 13yr old son will eat almost anything cooked, sprouts, cabbage, leeks, tomatos and lettuce - but he hates most raw stuff. He hates lettuce raw, not that fond of tomatos either.

So if you hate the stuff - maybe try preparing it a different way?

My bf doesn't like carrot much so I mash it with suede and add a bit of curry powder or cinamon and he loves carrot and corriander soup.
Ovc sometimes I just make him eat carrots... mwhahaha. :bunnydance:

Back