200g Veg option

Sorry haven't done that yet but will post when I do!!!

I have it about 3 - 4 times a week. I'm not 100% sure if it affects losses as my losses tend to be quite slow anyway. I don't think I have the full 200g each day, although sometimes I might. Today I had 4 medium sized mushrooms sliced and added to the chilli. 70g of mushrooms (I don't think that 4 mushrooms weighed 70g) is like 15 calories so I don't think the calories in these items can be significant. 50 calories or so extra per day equates to 350 per week and it takes 3000 calories (apparently) to gain 1lb so it's just over a tenth of a pound in a week so fairly insignificant. Anyway, I find it helps me to stick to the diet, and also it gives your body something to process in addition to the mealpacks. If it means sticking to the diet or not then have them but don't go over the top with it and make sure you don't kick yourself out of ketosis, especially if you have 4 packs per day as your carb intake will be higher to start with.

I've had it every day so far - on day 6 and lost 7 pounds so far. I wanted to keep real food in this plan to help me when I come of the food packs.

I have the veg daily too, mainly a salad with my evening pack. It's rarely 200g cos about half of that suits me and the calories/ carbs contained in it hardly matter. Im on 4 packs a day too as research shows theres little difference between 3 and 4 over a longer period plus my friend (the consultant) was happier that I was eating more

I've had veg almost every day as it satisfies my need for crunch! I have had sneaky weigh ins and i don't hink its affected weight loss and i am in ketosis all the way too.

That's good to hear...have you lost much since starting?

Thats Good to know ill be going over to slim and save tuesday

Let me know how u get on - a bit of veg would be nice on a weekend. Do you know what's on the list of allowed veg?

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I used it in the summer. I just chose the lowest calorie, lowest carb thing I could find in the supermarket and then used just a touch. From memory I think the best ones from that perspective tended to be the low cal vinaigrette or Italian ones.

Could I just use apple vinegar?

If it has zero or negligible calories and carbs I don't see why not as long as it's only a dash.

I have it every day , its low carb and 50calories , i dont think it effects losses , and without it I would definitely give up this plan

i have it for my evening meal with the spag bol poured over , lovely

ii have the spag bol or chilli and add a few broc it taste yummy

I like that too! It's funny how a little bit of broccoli can make us so happy :)

It makes all the difference to me
After a week of CD :)

Back