2012 JUDD Diet

night-owl

Gold Member
Starting a new thread as I can't find anybody on here since last November.

After much research I reckon this is the way to go. I found when I was doing Cambridge my body seemed to get used to low calorie and the weight loss slowed, so I think using CD to sole source and then having a normal day will help shock the body into a more regular weight-loss. Gonna give it a month and see how it goes.

Hi I am interested starting reason through the threads last night going to attempt a down day of 500 hundred today , going to tweak it slightly to suit lifestyle , what are you planning

Hi both, I am starting the diet today , did various diet plans last year and managed to lose a few stones which of course I have put back on :mad: I love my food and I am hoping this diet will be the 'one ' for me. I know I can cope with the down days as I did a TFR diet last yr with only shakes that were about 500 cals a day, I still have shakes left so will use one for my down day along with milk for my tea and perhaps some soup. I liked the meal replacement but struggled to stick to it for weeks at a time. According to the website I can have 420 cals on a down day and 2200 on a up day , so here goes, will start a diary for my ramblings I think I always finds it helps even if no one else reads it ;)
Hope you 2 are doing well.

Not to bad taking a while to get into it my down day attempts have ended up being mediums at around 800-1000 but as I get used to it I am sure it will get easier today is hopefully a down day planne at about 600 which I hope is do able , it is the evenings j normally struggle with but I am
Working tonight so should help, I can't do the shake thing I always feel hungry I need to eat with a knife and fork to feel full of that makes sense, hope you are doing well

Hi, I am managing to stick to my down days so far, as I said I am used to not eating anything when on TFR before, my Mum swears by the shape yogs that keep you fuller for longer, (about 50 cals a pot I think) she reckons if she has one for brekkie she doesn't feel hungry till late lunch, maybe worth a go ;)
when is your first weigh in? mine is on Sat don't feel any different yet but heres hoping for a loss

Going to weigh in on Monday's it keeps me on track for the weekend , I counted up today had 900 just cant seem to get lower than 800 , but I feel better and less bloated already , I will look for them yogurts sounds good, some one else mentioned tesco caramel choc wafers are only 55 calories which sounds good to me, goin to try filling up with water as well , tommorrow hopefully will be a. Down day with Saturday as an up and Sunday a medium see how it goes seems
To be all mediums so far lol, how are you getting on how long do you think you an stick it out for , once I get in the swing of it would like a good 4-6weeks

Still going ok, waking up really hungry on down days which is not helping :mad: but am sticking under 500 just keep telling myself 'can eat tomorrow, can eat tomorrow' which helps a bit, but then the strange thing is when my up days come around I am calorie counting to make sure I don't go above the 2200 I am allowed (according to the website) but I seem to get to 1800 and I don't feel like anything else, I am sure that will change over the weekend though as I am only going to do down days on Mon, Wed and Fri ;)
I am hoping to keep it up[ as long as I can, that is if I lose any weight on it, I really don't feel any different , will let you know what the scales say tommorow ;)

Well done , my whole day comes out about 800 hundred today so not bad I am getting down slowly, let me know your weigh in it will spur me on for the weekend , I know what you mean about up days I can't make my self eat really bad things any more I am guessing that's a good thing and means I have made a change for life , keep up the good work

I'm going to give this another go starting Monday, I've been doing the Dukan diet for around 6 months before Christmas and lost over a stone but went completely off the rails with Christmas. I quite often miss breakfast and dinner and so it's just the evening meal I have to have will power for. I have around a stone to lose so hopefully I can do it with judd

I'm going to give this another go starting Monday, I've been doing the Dukan diet for around 6 months before Christmas and lost over a stone but went completely off the rails with Christmas. I quite often miss breakfast and dinner and so it's just the evening meal I have to have will power for. I have around a stone to lose so hopefully I can do it with judd

Excellent, the more the merrier, we are thin on the ground here :)
I don't find the Down days too bad as you know you can eat tomorrow;)

Im very interested in this diet.. :) how is everyone doing?

Im very interested in this diet.. :) how is everyone doing?

Not many of us here but I am finding it fairly easy, you are/have been on exante so are used to eating very limited calories , so you should find doing one day at a time easy just like I do;)
The losses won't be as big as a TFR but def easier to fit into your life , you can change days around to fit in social events and its acceptable to have 2 down days over the weekend, but you musn't have 2 Ddays in a row as this affects the release of the gene (there is a science behind this diet too).
Even after 2 up days over the weekend I wasn't dreading a down day today in fact I was weirdly looking forward to it. I suppose I didn't want to blow my 7lb loss last week. It will slow down now but am hoping for a steady 2lb loss.
What I like about this diet is that I am free to eat what I like every other day so food is never far away, whereas when I was on TFR food seemed forever away so it was harder to sustain, and on a conventional diet you are limited to certain foods, lower calories etc all the time, this really is a 'part time' diet ;)

Hi JUDDDers! I am starting this too and I had done it before but was so involved in doing low carb at the time I went back to that however I haven't lost a thing in two years on low carb... Disappointing. The only time I lost weight to my goal and kept it off was with JUDDD. So here I am! Back again! I need to lose 30 lbs. I plan to do it over the next 16 weeks or by mid May. If I hit my goal by my b-day in April I won't be upset. However I consistently lost between 2-4 lbs a week so I hope I can do that again! Today is a DD and yesterday I started with a UD. I don't restrict my UDs anymore because trying to stick to low carb and this burned me out. However I do stick to low carb on my DDs because it keeps me from being hungry...go figure...even on 600 cals a day which is about 25% of my daily intake (I'm 5ft 10in tall). My goal is 165 for now...I got to 150 before with this WOE so I will look at that again when I get to 165. Wish me luck and let's be diet buddies and support each other!

You guys sound like you're doing really great!!! I wonder how much I can lose this week!!!? So excited!!! Keep me posted on your progress!

Michelle

Hi and welcome, sounds like you had really good losses last time round;) I am on a Down day today too, finding it fairly easy so far but of course its early days, glad to have another member here :D

My DD turned into more of a mid-day (MD) today but considering my long hiatus from this way of eating I will just carry on. I was closer to 1000cals but next DD will be better and today was a holiday from work so I was not busy and was home around food all day. Tomorrow will be either another DD or I'll make it an UD. I'll decide when I get up! :)

Hey not to worry, that could have been so much worse, def not enough cals to make you gain and less than you should eat on a normal day so I wouldn't fret;)

How is everyone doing? I am finding keeping a Diary really helps, esp on a Down Day. Finding this diet fairly easy just wondering how the rest of you are getting along?

Hi I've done this before but can't remember much about it's just that I found it easier to fit into my lifestyle. Will it work just as well if you want to loose 1 stone? Been on and off with WW and SW during my time away from JUDD but can't seen to settle with them and go off kid rails easily with them when I feel too restricted. Goin to start tomorrow. Will weigh myself in the mornin and take it from there. Will keep an eye on your posts for inspiration....

Hi, TBH I only have the info off their website which is pretty thin onn the ground , I suppose the book tells you more in detail. I just worked out my daily limits by using their calculator and just restrict myself to those number sfor me they were 420 on a D Day and 2200 on an up day. I would start there, find out your figures and try to stick within the guidelines, what you eat to make up the calories doesn't really seem to matter. Thats about all I know ;)
Good luck with it, look forward to seeing how you get along, be nice to have some company :hug99:

Back