2012 newbies and returners thread :)

Loser85

Gold Member
Thanks to the oracle that is Mini for the suggestion for this thread. Its aimed at newbies and returners. No need to be shy just hope on it and introduce yourselves :)

Im a restarter, had xmas off but am back now.

We can do it!! :clap:

Last edited:
Hi and Well done on your weight loss so far!
I'm a returner.. weighed in at 182 this morning but will count my weight from the 2nd Jan as we're not eating better till then! lol
I have slim fast in the cupboard and tesco's shakes. So will start again 'next year'! lol
I haven't 'done' slim fast properly for a while now but I am a full time student and mum of 3 so use the shakes for breakfast or bars for Uni when I don't want to / don't have time to eat properly.
I DO however want to get down to the 11st range still so that is my goal for this year.

Hi Purple and welcome back :)

I will be back tomorrow so will be weighing in 1st thing. scary!!

Any questions or queries dont be afraid to ask.

Hi. Im on my first day of slimfast today. I need to lose 2.5st and I'm off on holiday in march so would like as much of it off by then!

Start weight: 13st 10lbs

I'd love to match you lb for lb I must admit! :cool:we're not far off the same weight either. :D
Holiday sounds exciting - where you off to?

Had a struggle at lunch to keep my head on track but I managed - stayed away from the kitchen till the bad thoughts passed! :rolleyes:

Well weighed this morning, put on 10lbs over xmas. Youch! Not good but will come off again. Tempted to set up a Jan challenge to help us shift the xmas gains. What do you think?

definately a great idea and I've joined! eeeek about losing 14lbs as a goal but if we're strong we can do it!! :D

bit confused

Hi I've just started SF today, I'm a bit confused over what you can have as your meal. Tonight I'm planning to have a weight watchers quiche (around 350 cals) with salad, how much salad can I have? Do I have to count it in my cals or is it extra, same for Veg, can you have a 600 cal meal PLUS Veg or salad? Or do I have to have a lower cal main thing and count the side Veg?

Hi I've just started SF today, I'm a bit confused over what you can have as your meal. Tonight I'm planning to have a weight watchers quiche (around 350 cals) with salad, how much salad can I have? Do I have to count it in my cals or is it extra, same for Veg, can you have a 600 cal meal PLUS Veg or salad? Or do I have to have a lower cal main thing and count the side Veg?
600 cals is the total for your meal. Don't forget any 'hidden' calories that we generally add on without counting i.e dressings, sauces, drinks.
You can add 2 snacks under a certain amount of calories - think it's 100 not sure, I always have fruit or a cereal bar.

Have a look at the slimfast site as there are loads of receipes there as well as full information. :)

Good luck :)

Am gonna start tomorrow for tge final time. I need to lose around 10 stone by december as am going disneyland paris.
good luck! :)
I've got a friend (not on here) who has lost 100 lb in 2011 by doing a gym 'bootcamp' class along with dieting. So it definately can be done! :D

Hope you enjoy disneyland when it comes around.. Jealous I am! lol

Its 3 100 cals snacks.

Im going to Disneyland Pairs in June, need some off for then as i panic about seats etc :S

Everything has to be counted, sites like myfitnesspal and the slimfast one are useful. (have cal counters on them)

Hi my name is Julia, I am always on a diet but never seem to weigh any less.

I have decided that by the summer I will be at goal & stay there. After trying a few diet options I have decided that Slimfast is for me & will be starting tomorrow. I have more determined than ever that this will be my last ever diet.

Look forward to chatting to you all.

Be Positive. I hear you on the 'forever' diet. I must admit I think my weight management will be forever.. I can't take my eye off my weight or it goes up! lol like a pot overboiling. :p
BUT hopefully I won't forever be cutting calories.. just watching them. :)
I have struggled with motivation the last 6 months - I lost a fair bit early on last year, so am hoping to repeat that. I seem more motivated early in the year! lol

Look forward to sharing progress with you all. :)

i'm a Newbie!
Wanting to lost some weight fast and the ease of not really having to plan food during my working week, when i can just have a shake is very appealing. I want to lose a stone in 6-7 weeks so I'm back at the gym tomorrow and starting the shakes. Fingers crossed!

Hi everyone, I actually started half way through December, had 2 days off for Xmas and am back on it now. Have lost 7lb so far and am teetering on the edge of getting under 10st which would be amazing as I've not weighed less than that for the last 5 years!

hi everyone I'm a Newbie :) never done slimfast before & on day 3 today. So far i'm finding it ok, the shakes are nice which i didnt expect. I would like to lose approx 4 st ideally but would settle for 3! I have notice that at time i feel slightly nauseous but not sure if its anything to do with the slimfast. i feel motivated to change my health & body :) well done everyone x

Im restarting on this. I've put on 12lbs on the past 7 months, so i want to stop it whilst I feel I can and finally get down to my ultimate goal of 11 stone 7lbs.

First day on it yesterday was easier then I thought it would be. Has anyone else been told not to do SF as its 'unhealthy and unsafe'. Everyone seems to think its a total meal replacement when ive told them its not. Ah well, i know im doing it for me and doing it the right way :)

Good luck everyone :)

Welcome all Newbies :)

Feel free to ask any questions etc. On the is it/is it not a safe way to diet - imo if it was unsafe it wouldnt be on the shelves simple as. Its also the same as any other diet that if you go back to bad habits once you reach goal the weight will come back on.

Every diet seems to have experts and those that have tried it failed, didn't like it, unsafe etc etc.. I just make sure I take a multi-vit if I start feeling I need it and eat healthy for my meal.. with fruit or veg for snacks rather than empty carbs / calories. There was a documentary years ago about it and it being unhealthy etc, but were we actually healthy before? I know I wasn't. lol

Back