2012 the year of the new lisa

LisaM1977

Gold Member
Well I have finally booked myself in to get my eyes laser... 2012 is the year that I will no longer called the fat one who wears glasses... Only downside of the surgery is no sweaty training for a week :)

a work colleague had it done and he thinks its great. so good luck

Good luck lovely, Hope it all goes well. I keep trying to persuade Hubby to have it done but he wont, he doesnt like the thought of it. Let us know how you get on x

hobnobsmummy said:
Good luck lovely, Hope it all goes well. I keep trying to persuade Hubby to have it done but he wont, he doesnt like the thought of it. Let us know how you get on x

I will do Hunni... I'm not sure I like the thought of it either but I just keep thinking its only 20 seconds x

Well so far all is good.. Vision much clearer today.. I can't describe how weird it is seeing myself in the mirror without my glasses on! Had a sneaky peak on the scales this morning and lost another lb ... 5lb and I will be in the 13's would be great to do this in the next 2 weeks.. Only prob I have is not sweaty exercise for a week because of my eyes... Think I may go to gym and do a bit on the bike each day...onwards and downwards :)

Ooooh, I was asking my optician about laser eye surgery at my contact lens check the other day. I spent £20/m on lenses so I suppose the one off outlay for laser outweighs the ongoing cost of lenses for the next however many years!

Was it painful and would you recommend it?

efk said:
Ooooh, I was asking my optician about laser eye surgery at my contact lens check the other day. I spent £20/m on lenses so I suppose the one off outlay for laser outweighs the ongoing cost of lenses for the next however many years!

Was it painful and would you recommend it?

Not painful, slightly uncomfortable. And I would describe the laser bit as like watching an eclipse.. Once the first eye has been done its over really quickly.. The anticipation was the worst bit... And I am a scaredy cat.. On my vision today I wud recommend :)

Back