ProPoints 2012 will my year!!!

stokegal

Silver Member
Hi everyone!

So... My name is Stokegal and I'm a foodaholic, I've tried every diet over the past 10 years, low Gi, liquid only, low carb high protein, high carb low protein, detox, atkins, south beach, slimming world, cabbage soup, calorie counting, all kinds of exercise, diet pills (legal and illegal) body shrink wraps, colonics.... You name it, I've probably tried it.... With the exception of WW... Never done it before, knew nothing about the diet and as I've reached over a colossal 19 stone - this is it!! I'm in it for the long haul - I have 10 stone, 5.5 lbs to lose and this New Years resolution was to lose 6 stone of it this year. I have been allocated 42 points per day which seems loads!!! I don't have access to esource yet (joining as a monthly member next week) so if anyone notices anything wrong with my points please let me know :)

So I'm on day 2 now and decided to start a food diary, I hope some of you will join me on my journey :)

Day 1 (yesterday)
B: grapes, banana
L: lettuce, tomato, beetroot, 110g low at cottage cheese (2), 60g smoked salmon (2)
T: lettuce, tomato, beetroot, 2 x tbsp of extra light mayo (2), WW beef lasagne (7)
Snacks: WW Cheese Puffs - yum!!! (2), WW Chocolate pot (2) - yuck! (2), WW White Chocolate Biscuit (2)

Total 19 points/42

Day 2
B: 2 x bacon (fat removed) (2), 3x tbp baked beans (3), mushrooms, tomato, 2x WW bread (3), egg fried in spray oil (2), 8 sprays of fry light (2) - total 12
L: banana
T: chicken (4) curry made with sharwoods briyani jar (3), brown rice (7), 2 tbsp natural yogurt (2) and half a nan bread (5), WW banoffee desert (5) - total 26
Snacks: banana

Total 38 points/ 42

Last edited:
i used to be a member but not anymore so may be worth checking with some one else but i thought ww bread is 3pp if you have 2 slices. S**t i know.. menu looks really tasty, good luck x

Thank fudgenelly - I thought it was 3 points for 2 slices but the wrapper said 1pt per slice. I know about the rounding up but they really should say 3pt for 2 slices on he wrapper - Who eats just 1 slice of bread??? :)

Last edited:
Watched The Biggest Loser last night and 3 episodes of Fat Families (I had sky+ them. Ages ago) so feeling all motivated I went to a 9.30am Sunday morning Zumba class :)

Couldn't decide what to have for my breakfast before hand as I wanted granola and soya milk but I had worked this out at 8 points and we are having a Sunday roast later so would prefer to save the points. Old me would have just had both and started tomorrow but new me had tinned tomatoes on WW bread for only 3 points :)

Last edited:
B: 2 x WW bread (3) toasted with tinned tomatoes and pepper

L: WW bagel (4), 2 x extra light laughing cow triangles (1), 30g smoked salmon (1), lettuce, tomato and beetroot with HM salad dressing (1tbsp natural yogurt (1), mint, lemon juice)

T: 70g Roast Beef (6), 150g New Potatoes (3), 75g Roast Potato (2), Parsnips (2), cauliflower cheese (3), Carrots, Brocolli, Roast Onion, Sprouts, 12 sprays of fry lite (3), 2 tbsp of bisto made into gravy (2), 1 tsp mustard (1 - I think???)

Snacks: WW Yogurt (1), WW Yogurt (1), WW Crisps (2)

Total - 36 / 42

Thats right I think??? Please correct me if you notice anything wrong

Last edited:
Day 4 - loads of points in my tea tonight - but so worth it!!!! I've been dreaming about it all day

B: Nothing

L: lettuce, tomato, beetroot, 110g low fat cottage cheese (2), 60g cooked turkey (3), spring onion with HM salad dressing (2tbsp natural yogurt (2), mint, lemon juice)

T: 3x WW sausages (4), 200g HM chips (with fry lite) - I'm guessing at 300g raw weight (6), 3 tbsp beans (3), egg (2), 2 x WW bread (3), 10g lite spread (1), 20g brown sauce - reduced, sal & sugar (1), WW Hot fruit Crumble (5)

Snacks: WW Yogurt (1), 2 x bananas, grapes

Total - 33/42

Last edited:
Still feeling in the zone :) went to a Zumba class tonight and burnt 520 kcals (I have a watch which calculates your heart rate and kcals burnt!!)

B: none - I was late :(

L: lettuce, tomato, beetroot, 110g low fat cottage cheese (2), 60g smoked salmon (2), 2 x bananas, 2 x satsumas, grapes, WW yogurt (1)

T: WW ocean pie (5), broccoli, carrots, tesco light garlic bread (2)

Snacks: Bowl of Granola (7) with 50ml Soya Milk (1)

Total - 20/42

Last edited:
B: WW Bagel (4) with 2 x laughing cow extra light triangles (1)

L: Medium Baked Potato (5), 3x tbsp baked beans (3), 1/2 tsp margarine (1), banana

T: Tesco Sweet Chilli Chicken and noodles (9), 2x garlic bread slices (4), topped with 40g cheese (5)

Total - 32/42

Last edited:
B: Granola (7) with soya milk (1)

L: 2x WW bread (3), 1 tsp low fat spread (1), 1 packet of WW ham (1), 2 x bananas

Snack: 2 x white bread (4), 2 tsp low fat spread (2), 1 tsp mustard (1), 90g beef (8 )

T: Beef in red wine (8???), broccoli, carrots, new potatoes (6)

Total - 42/42

Last edited:
Sooo hungry tonight - been starving today but so busy at work

B: banana

L: WW Soup (3), Bread Roll (4), Muller Light yogurt (3)

T: 3x WW sausages (4), 150g HM chips (with fry lite) (7), 3 tbsp beans (3), egg (2), 2 x White bread (4), 20g lite spread (2), 20g brown sauce - reduced, salt & sugar (1)

Snacks: 1 slice of bread (3), 1 laughing cow triangle (1)

Total - 37/41

We went out for a friends birthday at Frankie and Bennys tonight so I had to save my points as I had already google what I could eat and found nothing low points. This is a total change of attitude for me as old me would have said to just have a blow out today, which would have carried on until Monday, cause no one starts a diet on a Sunday right?? :)

We even tried to save some points (and pennies) by having desert when we got home instead of at the resturant :)

B: WW Bagel (4), 3xtsp beans (3), 30g cheese (3)

L: WW Crisps (2)

T: Frankie & Bennys Bacon Steaks (19) WW Hot fruit crumble (5)

Total - 36/41

Last edited:
Hi here to follow. Your diary looks really good just rem to have all your allocated propoints every day. If you dont your weight loss might not be as good, strange i know but that is how it seems to work.

Sent from my GT-S5570 using MiniMins

brien77 said:
Hi here to follow. Your diary looks really good just rem to have all your allocated propoints every day. If you dont your weight loss might not be as good, strange i know but that is how it seems to work.

Sent from my GT-S5570 using MiniMins

Hi and welcome to my thread - Thanks for the advice - I've been having a hard time not treating my points like SW syns. I spoke to my leader who said as long as I was having them more or less it should be ok. I don't want to eat for the sake of eating, I have such an all or nothing mentality and it I went to eat just 2/3 mini chocolates to make up my points, I'd end up eating 20. I'm going to try and eat all 41 after this weeks weigh in on Thursday to see what it does do to my weight loss :)

Thanks Nissi - I can really tell when I miss breakfast and much prefer to have it but I have to leave the house at 7.10am to get to work so most days I'm running late and forget :)

Been starving all day today, feel like rubbish - bad throat and chest so all I have wanted to do was eat :( but on the whole ive resisted!!!

I went to Zumba this morning but had to leave half way through as I was coughing so much I managed to make myself sick :(

B: None - was late for Zumba

L: Tesco ready meal (8 ), WW yogurt (1)

T: Lamb, potato and spinach curry (14), tesco garlic and coriander naan bread (11) - yes an entire one!!! (I said I was hungry :))

Snacks: WW potato hoops (2) - not nice :(, sugar free jelly (0), banana (0)

Total - 36/41

So poorly again today :( I'm not going to work as I've had no sleep. All I want to do is eat today, I can't remember if it's feed a fever, starve a cold or the other way around. Either way I know I'm going to struggle, I fancy lots of stodgy comfort food. Must be strong though!!! Already had my breakfast and now need to keep my mind off eating, I have a doctors appointment at 11.30am so that should keep me distracted for half an hour later

B: WW bagel (4), 40g cheese (4), 1/2 tin of baked beans (4)

L: Tesco chicken ready meal (8 ), Tesco crisps (3), WW yogurt (1)

T: Chicken in garlic maggi bag (6), mushroom couscous (5)

Snacks: Quavers (2), Sausage (2), WW crisps (2), sugar free jelly (0)

Total - 41/41

Last edited:
Ate all my points today - Ooosshh!!

Did eat 3 bags of crisps though but I am poorly and resisted the McDonalds breakfast that I wanted, Subway lunch and damn you Greggs building one of you stores at the bottom of my road. Still I resisted all and still have all my weeklies :)

Thanks - I feel a little bit better today, I'm still off work and trying not to eat everything in sight :)

B: Bagel (4), Cheese (4), Beans (4)

L: WW chilli (6), 2 x Tesco light choices garlic bread slices (4)

T: 1 Chicken breast (6), with 1/4 maggi garlic mix (1), butternut squash chips (0) with fry light (1), couscous (5), WW yogurt (1)

Snacks : 2x banana (0)

Total - 36/41

Last edited:
Felt loads better this afternoon, made butternut squash chips for tea - omg they are lush!!

Don't really have much to say today - stayed in :( hoping to be back out tomorrow if my cough goes!!!

Back