2013 - this is it!!

pepshouse

First day of the new me today! Started doing the 8hr diet! Stupid isn't it I could eat what ever I wanted to but couldn't think of anything to eat!!
Still settled into it drank lots of water and had three meals, actually didn't pick at all!!
Mum has decided to do it with me and husband too!! Feeling very well supported, also bought new bathroom scales too!!
So this is the largest I have been!! Ever!!!
Sleep a mega problem for me at the moment, I keep biting my tongue and waking feeling like I'm suffocating! Yes I know I need to get to the sleep clinic, so I phoned my go and he has referred me ASAP!
Had a real sad moment this afternoon but husband (Matthew) was just in from work with his words of wisdom x I love him x
So my window of eating has closed now until tomorrow at 10.30! Plenty of water on hand and jigsaw to begin!!
Ooh one more thing I start my new job tomorrow, excited/nervous bit of both really but all will be good x Hope everyone has had a good, no a great day x look forward to bed and a read up of the diaries x

Congrates on a great 1st day hun and good luck with not only your weight loss but the jigsaw as well lol im trying to tackle a cross stitch kit for my mum keeps my hands away from the biscuit tin :D x

Thank you madmuppet! I used to love doing cross stitch before the children were born, no time now!! How's your day been??

I know what you mean my mum will be lucky to get this cross stitch by this xmas lol, my day has been really good thanks to be honest it hasnt even felt like ive started a diet a such have not been as good as i would like to have been with the water intake but have vowed to be better tomorrow and get a shake in me before the school run aswell as lunch time then its a proper dinner at a decent time with the family.

Good Luck tomorrow with the new job start I'm sure you will be fine plus it will make the day go quicker for you hopefully x

New job went really well, loads to get my teeth into!! Only one child said "why do you have such a big tummy?" Now even tho this comes from and innocent 3 year old and meaning no harm, it still has that little bang on the back of the head like a sledge hammer!!
My response..."we'll it might be big today but tomorrow it will be smaller and then it will get smaller and smaller each day until its the same size as yours!!" After a moment pondering my response she looks me square in the eye and said "Bekki can you open my drink please!" ... Matter dismissed!! X

Food has been weird today, starving this morning but came to 10.30 when I am able to eat and I didn't!! Intact I didn't eat until 12pm!! So do I still close my window at 6.30pm or leave it open until 8pm what a quandary!!
I'm thinking only the second day so the shutters come down at 6.30pm stomach closed!!

How has everyone else's day been?? Really fancy boiled eggs for tea again tonight! How exciting!! X

Yay glad to hear the new job start went well :D Kids hey they can say something so innocently and not realise the impact of their words Im sure it wont be to long before they are noticing the slimmer you!

Lol eggs again i had ham salad again and totally enjoyed it :D x

An on day really! Headache from hell!! And began choking during a nap as I felt so poorly, thought I'd had it!! Ended up being sick all over myself!! Gross!!
Now been sent to bed by hubby to try and get some rest but just can't sleep!! Gggrrrr!! Food was better today had a nice wholemeal sandwich with salad for lunch then pasta tortellini with a roasted veg sauce served on a bed of watercress yummmyyyy!! X
I'm absolutely stuffed now! Might stretch my window a bit wider I don't even feel as though any weight is shifting yet!! Still it is only day 3!! I'm so inpatient!! Keep to it everyone x

Sorry to hear your not very well hopefully you will feel better in the morning well done for keeping at it x

Great day today! Reinforced the new job role with a team building day! Food not too bad window opened at 10.30 and closed at 6.30 however salad sandwich, yoghurt and a pork curry was all that I ate!!
An thinking about incorporating another diet into my 8hr plan!! Not sure about cc or slim fast etc!! Any ideas??
Beginning to feel a little better now too! Bloody hate feeling ill!! Xx
Hope everyone's day has gone well and remember only one day til the weekend!! Xx

Well done for having another good day :)

I have a slimfast shake for breakfast as i find it a struggle to eat early unless its a fry up lol this way im not snacking on stuff at lunch time and everyone says how important breakfast is some days i have a shake for lunch as well and then a low cal dinner mainly salad this week :D

x

Good for you madmuppet! I can't get on with slimfast or celebrity slim I never seem to be able to stick to it for over three days!!

Well work was great all my new ideas are flowing and I ready to take the helm!!

Just had a massive Argument with my husband, we never argue :( I haven't been well and because I didn't carry up a basket of washing when I went upstairs and was out of breath he decided its the appropriate moment so shout obscenities at me!!! I have never known him to be like this...apparently I don't look after myself, I will never lose weight and quite frankly always be !

He is probably right, I am lazy (dont want sex 24/7), fat (just as dat todau as last week) and yeah I don't put on makeup everyday and dress up but then I work with young children!!?? I think I need to stay out of his way this weekend...easier said than done l

Last edited:
Oh Hun :bighug:hugs, don't let him bring you down! From the little i know 1 you are not lazy, you are actively losing weight whilst looking after your family and working somehow this is not lazy and asfor not waiting sex 24/7 jeez typical bloke i bet he wouldnt be able to keep up with you if you did lol, 2, you may be overweight hun but you know that and dont need it thrown in your face especially as you have started to do something about it! use that comment to just make you stronger and stronger everytime you feel you are slipping just remember what he said and use it to bring you back on track and prove him wrong! look at those comments as something to motivate you (like people sticking before photos on the fridge door lol) I know this is easier said then done and at the time they hurt but use that to your favour hun dont let him bring you down. And 3 as for not wearing make-up and dressing up everyday why should you hun, I'm the same and on the rare occasion that i do put alittle make up on then that in it self causes a problem lol sometimes there is no pleasing them!

Keep smiling hun and put it behind you, try and enjoy this weekend as much as you can hopefully by the time I've wrote this he has said sorry for his outburst.
You can do this no matter what is chucked at you along the way! keep up the good work hun x

Thank you mad muppet x you were so right, he go up and I think I've heard sorry a million times but my god I have worked it!! How dare he, I mean seriously I am a person and if I am to loose weight I'm doing it for me, and yes that's ME not him!!

Any way back to me...lol

Diet been sound this week! Has a mild panic when I wok late for work on fri therefore took no lunch and the shops form or healthy is a carrot inside a pasty!! But I also didn't want to go without completely! Solution...eat guts of a Cornish pasty!! And nibble a little pastry!!

I'm looking forward to weighing as I seriously feel no different, don't really feel like I've been on a diet but a major difference is the size and regularity of my no 2s!! I mean wow!!

Looking forward to hearing how your getting on too x

So pleased he said sorry hun pesky men hey but atleast he realised he was wrong in his actions.

well done for eating the guts of the pasty lol and only having a nibble pastry can be a pain to find something good at times so you did the right thing :)

LMAO at the number 2's it can only be a good thing lol

I had a loss of 6lbs this week so am well pleased looking forward to another strong week, keep up the great work hun xx

Weighed this morning and I'm down 5 1/2 lbs! Well pleased!! Can't believe that by just having an 8 hour eating window can make me loose weight!! Wow!!
Well done to you too 6lbs is brill here's to us both!!
Funny but I know it's only a week but a massive argument like we had in the week would normally make me stuff my face, however, no I didn't and as I've not been picking neither has the husband resulting in him loosing 6lbs too!!!!

Might do another week like last and reassess weather I need to introduce cc or slimfast etc!! X

Keep it up well done all x

Ooo I like the sound I this 8hr window approach - can u tell me more -- and also are u allowed coffee / cappachino with canderel after window is closed?? Hmmmm.... It sounds very very good! Well done on great loss too btw!

Oh hi I've just stumbled across this & it really has my attention. Is it possible to share some info or even a link for info will be much appreciated. Wow well done gals :))

Smurfette the approach I have taken is similar to a hospital fast except for water/low cal juice etc so no milk or milk products! Tbh the book hasn't been published yet but my husband and I were watching a programme over Christmas about losing weight and I laughed and said it would never work! Of course hubby looked at it differently and said well your digestive system has time to consume what you put in daily and it's got to be worth a try!!
My mum us doing it too and she lost 4lb but the most striking thing is that most diets work by restricting something (obviously) this one is time! And it's surprising how much you can pack away after dinner and sometimes before breakfast!!

Trendydiva hopefully my book will arrive soon, It was discovered by a couple of Canadian drs who apparently suggest you keep to eating what you were eating within reason (eg dont stuff!) if you google 8hour diet it's quite interesting!! I am amazed, it sounds to food to be true!!! Also have to say I have not eaten 'diet foods' but I do realise I will prob have to bring in a form of control!! But the drs do say no I don't have too!! One your body has digested its food it begins to eat away the fat, providing you don't make yourself starve!!!!! Good luck all x

Thanx peeps house I think it's a great idea - lots of people advocate not eatig after 6pm - I wonder if I could do it in conjunction with WW ie give my body time to process what it had and then start in the fat store I already have! I have to admit tho it is generally a coffee or a biscuit that I have but I wonder why cutting that out would achieve ... I will google it later for sure!

Back