2013 will be my year!

I bet you don't count all syns when you have a sneaky handful of nuts or the cheeky biscuit?
That's what I started to do: have a cheeky rich tea finger biscuit or breadstick thinking "it's just 1syn" then don't add it onto my syns through forgetting I ate it or trying not to show I'd gone over my syns
Tut tut
But done a lot better this week no cheeky snacks
Yay me!

totally agree! but the only person I am cheating is myself!

What are you thinking?

A new low fat snack,
new recipe,
something different for breakfast/lunch/dinner
or a new ingredient to try?

Hmmm...
Leeks not everyone uses them but they are lovely

Sweet potato great roasted as cubes with bacon and onion

Try using kidney beans tinned in chilli sauce next time you make a chilli (free)

Sainsburys good for you Cumberland sausages (0.5 syns each) great in campfire stew from one of the magazines a few months ago

Have you tried chorizo? It's not free but it's a lovely Spanish sausage great in tomato dishes, pasta, risotto, chicken dishes and in a dish called jambalaya

Can't think of anything else to recommend at this time, if I do I'll post it

Hmmm...
Leeks not everyone uses them but they are lovely

Sweet potato great roasted as cubes with bacon and onion

Try using kidney beans tinned in chilli sauce next time you make a chilli (free)

Sainsburys good for you Cumberland sausages (0.5 syns each) great in campfire stew from one of the magazines a few months ago

Have you tried chorizo? It's not free but it's a lovely Spanish sausage great in tomato dishes, pasta, risotto, chicken dishes and in a dish called jambalaya

Can't think of anything else to recommend at this time, if I do I'll post it

Use leeks all the time, I fry them and add to mash to liven it up abit.

Love sweet potatos, just put some in my lamb stew for tomorrow.

Ahh 0.5 syn sausages I shall get some if those as plan to do sausage hot pot on Saturday.

Haven't tried Chorizo - so will look for a recipe for using that. Isn't it used in paella?

It can be used it so many ways
If you like risotto / paella try this with the chorizo, i found it on minimims ages ago

Chicken and Chorizo Paella

Serves 2 - 4.5 syns per serving on Extra Easy

2 Chicken Breasts Diced
100g Chorizo Diced
2 Onions Diced
2 Cloves of Garlic Crushed
Red and Yellow Pepper Deseeded and Chopped
200g Paella Rice
720ml Chicken Stock
Pinch of saffron
Handful of frozen peas
Salt and Black Pepper
Frylight

In a paella pan or large based frypan, saute the chicken, chorizo, onion and crushed garlic in frylight until lightly browned. Add the peppers and saffron, and fry lightly, Add the rice, and stir around until any liquid is absorbed, and the rice is coated in the juices. Add the stock, season with salt and black peper to taste, stir around well, and bring to the boil, then sprinkle a handful of peas on top. Simmer gently for about 20 minutes, until the stock has evaporated, and resist the temptation to stir, or it will end up like pudding!

Also if you fancy pizza dont be afraid to check out smash pizza recipes on here I freeze them (free if you use the cheese as a HEX) even the fiancé eats them!
And great with McCains 5%fat oven fries (1.5 syns for 100g while frozen) or make Sw chips?

Also if you fancy pizza dont be afraid to check out smash pizza recipes on here I freeze them (free if you use the cheese as a HEX) even the fiancé eats them!
And great with McCains 5%fat oven fries (1.5 syns for 100g while frozen) or make Sw chips?

Does smash still exists? I havent had that since I was a child! LOL

Friday 3rd weigh in! STS - not as bad as last week when I put on 2lb.

I do know where i am going wrong. I eat far too many syns, the odd nibble of this and that soon adds up.

So yesterday was a 100% on plan day and the next week will be to.

I have planned all my meals for next week and wrote a shopping list, but now need to re plan as my daughter is going to her Grandmothers for a few days, so want to add a curry in (shes not keep on curry).

Haha yea but slimming world users on minimims have been clever
they use it to make a pizza dough or as breadcrumbs for chicken kievs it's actually nice

you kinda forget that it's smash or supermarkets own brand instant mash (just check which ones are free) x

Breakfast

2 slices wholemeal bread (69g in total) so HE B plus 1 syn
30g chedder cheese HE a
(made a cheese toasted sandwich in my new sandwich toaster, sprayed it with fry light instead of using spread on the bread)
half grapefruit
125g Onken fat free strawberry yogurt 1.5 syn
apple
2 x glass water (planning on drinking more)

Snacks
2 x plums
green tea
coffee
glass water

Lunch
glass water
salad, lettuce, radish, tomatoes, cucumber, alfalfa sprouts
prawns things like crab sticks but not - not sure if they are free so used the syn caculator and they came up as 4 syns total - only managed to eat half if them! Lol
shape yogurt
green tea

Alpen light bar 3 syns

Dinner will be

Lamb stew which is already cooking away in the slow cooker at home while I work.
Lamb - lean diced
new potatoes
swede
onions
celeriac
butter nut squash
thyme
rosemary
veg stock
1 tbs mint jelly 2syns

Supper
French fries 4.5 syns

Total Syns today 13.5

Last edited:
is that all breakfast?

I'm trying to get out of the habit of having loads at breakfast and my 10:30 break at work.

I used to have branflakes or ryvitas at 6:30 for breakfast then on my break I was having fruit, yogurt and 1 or 2snacks: something sweet like a cereal bar for 3syns with something savoury like aldi quavers 3syns

But I'm cutting all that down now I'm going to have my cereal or ryvita with a piece of fruit at 6:30 then fruit and yogurt at break cutting out anything unnecessary

is that all breakfast?

I'm trying to get out of the habit of having loads at breakfast and my 10:30 break at work.

I used to have branflakes or ryvitas at 6:30 for breakfast then on my break I was having fruit, yogurt and 1 or 2snacks: something sweet like a cereal bar for 3syns with something savoury like aldi quavers 3syns

But I'm cutting all that down now I'm going to have my cereal or ryvita with a piece of fruit at 6:30 then fruit and yogurt at break cutting out anything unnecessary

LOL yes that was all breakfast, I find I get really hungry in the mornings so eat loads of free and superfree foods right up till lunch time, have lunch and then i don't seem to need to eat again till about 6ish in the evening.

Fair enough as long as it keeps you fuelled til the next meal

I was using my syns to get me to the next meal which I have stopped doing its so easy to fall into bad habits

Planning done for next week and shopping list wrote.

Sausage casserole (will have to see what LF sausages are available tomorrow)
Spicy pork stew from the SW web site
Roast Veg and Pasta Bake
Katsu chicken curry from the SW web site
Lemony pork tray bake from the Jan/Feb mag
Carbonara
Chicken stew (tend to do a stew of a Friday, I add all the left over veg from the week into the slow cooker with a few herbs and some stock)

Back