2015 and It's Now or Never!

Monday 6th January 2014

WI this morning ... 188.4 so more or less an STS... surprisingly!

Not been too good again today. Was supposed to go for a blood test but going outside was a def nono today... plus had the last of the telephone arthritis group but declined to take part as just not in the humour to put up with the co-ordinator's waffling.

Must admit that I am very glad I had the 'flu jab as I'm sure I would be a lot worse otherwise.

For the few hours that I felt a bit more compos mentis I continued with my reorganising of my files.
The recipes I had printed out I renewed as now having a bit more knowledge of the workings of this techy stuff I was able to reprint them leaving out the bits and pieces surrounding them. Very pleased with final outcome..

However.. in the last 45mins I have started to feel mighty unwell again so am now back off to bed..

resting-in-bed.gif

Keep well Emm - and get better soon. I'm offline now for 6 days - back in UK with dodgy dongle.

I hope you are feeling better now - it seems like you had a great cruise :). Now you need to start planning the next one :)

Cruises are part of my NYs resolution...not to book on a whim!
Fact is I don't aim to do another next year but you never know.. :D

Keep well Emm - and get better soon. I'm offline now for 6 days - back in UK with dodgy dongle.

Hope you had a good rest last nite & are feeling abit better today Emm!!!

Thanks for the well wishes.. much improved today.

Tuesday 7th January 2014

Didn't feel very good when I woke up this morning but soon improved in fact I think I can safely say I'm on the mend.:)

Tesco delivery today so I had to get the kitchen a bit respectable. Perhaps it was that the got me up and going.However, not done much else apart from filling up containers in the kitchen and finishing off my recipe file.. Found out how to make a nice decorative front page.. Yay!
In my sorting things out I came across an instruction book from when I did a comp course with the Council and am very pleased that now my understanding of this technology is better I can understand it more.

My home help should have been coming in tomorrow but have asked her to come next week as I really don't feel up to being disturbed. She was very good and didn't mind at all. ..and I'm relieved that she won't be picking this bug up from me too.

Kept to a reasonable eating program altho' I'm not overly worried about actually dieting as such for the mo'... but don't want to end up putting any more pounds on.

Hi Emm - I hope you are feeling better and that you had a good sleep. This cold / flu thing is really bad and hanging around people for ages. I really just started to feel better today and that was from New Years Day when it first hit. Luckily I was in the office rather than onsite but have training courses to run for the next two days and an system installation on Friday :( Wish I could have stayed on holiday !!!

Well done on being so organised - when you are finished can you come and do mine :)

Hi Emm - I hope you are feeling better and that you had a good sleep. This cold / flu thing is really bad and hanging around people for ages. I really just started to feel better today and that was from New Years Day when it first hit. Luckily I was in the office rather than on site but have training courses to run for the next two days and a system installation on Friday :( Wish I could have stayed on holiday !!!

Well done on being so organised - when you are finished can you come and do mine? :)

Feeling a lot better thanks Nelli... altho' I'm coughing fit to burst! Evening times I get quite deflated and worse but that's how it goes, isn't it?

I've been known to reorganise peeps places without their consent and caused somewhat of a ruckus 'cos I just can't stop putting things in order! .. :rolleyes: ... :giggle:

Wednesday 8th January 2014

Much better day but I did have a very bad night. I'm glad that I asked my home help to come in next week as still didn't really feel up to any sort of hassle.

Very annoying that postman called today and I didn't hear him/her! Ordered a door knocker and am going to dispense with the door bell as I just don't hear it. Will phone tomorrow to get it..whatever IT is..delivered another time and will put a large note on the door to get them to knock VERY LOUDLY!! :sigh:

Seems that I have been fairly busy today altho' apart from defrosting the freezer and putting some washing in the machine..that's it.. :D

Eating pattern quite good again and weight has remained stable..hooray!.. which reminds me that when on holiday I was able to see myself in a full length mirror which I don't have here at home so that's been ordered and am pleased that there is one that hangs over the door so hopefully no fixing needed.

Cals 1139 Carbs 125 Fat 37 Protein 49

Sorry you had a bad night Emm and hope today was better. Know what you mean about parcel delivery - if we don't scoot down the stairs quick enough when the door goes the guy and the parcel have disappeared to the sorting office which is a 20 minute drive each way !! Real pain. You are doing fab keeping your weight down and that is the hardest thing of all - generally I can lose (do it all the time :) ) but being able to keep it off totally escapes me - at least so far :)

This time .......

Well done for the sts. You seem to be incontrol :).

Well..sort of.. but you know what it's like when not feeling too good... tend to pick at things a bit..:sigh:
Just hope the STS continues!

Sorry you had a bad night Emm and hope today was better. Know what you mean about parcel delivery - if we don't scoot down the stairs quick enough when the door goes the guy and the parcel have disappeared to the sorting office which is a 20 minute drive each way !! Real pain. You are doing fab keeping your weight down and that is the hardest thing of all - generally I can lose (do it all the time :) ) but being able to keep it off totally escapes me - at least so far :)

This time .......

Bit better last night but at least I eventually slept till 11.30am.

Thursday 9th January 2014

Slightly worse today... and this coughing is driving me bonkers!
Cals and carbs rather higher and haven't managed to do much either... fiddled about with little odd jobs when I came across them.
So it's just watching TV and dozing off if poss tonight.

Keep up the good work y'all!

Did you get something for the cough Emm?

Hope you had a good nights rest Emmaline & you're feeling abit better today.:bighug:

Friday 10th January 2014

Thanks for the visit Nelli and Issy...
Decided to phone the doc this morning to get his advice after a night of coughing again... when I said that to him within about 20 seconds he said "Well.. you're not coughing now" .. :confused: .. and then continued to say to use an inhalant etc.

Anyway.. it was such a lovely day so I went out and I must admit that I felt much better for it.
Called in at Thurlows to book a service on my car which is very long overdue.. tbh I've never had one done since I bought it so high time.

Just got home in time for delivery of my over door mirror which I was really surprised at as thought it would be at least another couple of days... but delight soon changed to great disappointment as the box had hardly any filling material in and so the mirror was completely shattered! Thank goodness the plastic covering had not torn otherwise I would have broken glass pieces in my carpet.. :argh:

So that put me in a right mood and I just wouldn't like to tot up my cals for today.. if I don't put on a couple of pounds this week it will be a miracle!

Oh no to the mirror. It is crazy (and amazing) that companies sometimes don't pay more attention to packing - I bought J a very expensive tennis racquet for Christmas and it arrived rattling around in a huge box with only a bit of plastic covering it. Thankfully it was OK. I am glad you didn't get glass all over your carpet.

Hope the cough has improved and that you are feeling better in general.

Oh no to the mirror. It is crazy (and amazing) that companies sometimes don't pay more attention to packing - I bought J a very expensive tennis racquet for Christmas and it arrived rattling around in a huge box with only a bit of plastic covering it. Thankfully it was OK. I am glad you didn't get glass all over your carpet.

Hope the cough has improved and that you are feeling better in general.

The odd thing is that being as it was from Amazon they usually put things in boxes with loads of crumpled paper padding even when it's something like a handbag but with this mirror .. nothing at all!
Must admit that cough is improving a little bit but it's making my chest so sore..Ahh..poor me.. :boohoo:

Another day tomorrow..:D

P.S. I would be interested to know what this print is like at your end please?
I find that putting this on 3 is sort of biggish but otherwise the "ordinary" setting seems very small.. IYKWIM!?

Sorry to hear that the cough is still troubling you,Sod's law that it didn't happen when on the fone to the Gp.I always find that even with my own Gp & then they're questioning are you exaggerating your symptoms in order to get an antibiotic,annoys me.

That mirror delivery was ridiculous,hope you gave them hell,do dangerous as well.Im surprised by Amazon,they always seen to over-do the packaging or go to extremes,packing order in seperate or several boxes & I'm left with loads of recycling. I signed up for a couple of subscriptions with them,for scan bran & a herbal tea I couldn't find in Ireland,they came in seperate huge boxes with masses & masses of packing.

Any plans for the weekend?We're just lounging & I'm catching up on some much needed housework,taking a tea & t'internet break now :)

Back