2015 and It's Now or Never!

Good morning Em. How are you today? I hope you had a good sleep and feel refreshed. Im just waiting for a builder to turn up. Hope the day goes well. Mo

Morning Emm,

Hope the sun is shining where you are?:)

Sunny here but a bit chilly.It was chilly at 5am this morning when I went to work.Luckily it's only an 8 min walk.:)

The dog might ONly get an 8 minute walk -- it's so cold here.

Just popping in to give you a ((( Big Hug ))).
As someone said to me on my fred "Life can be a reet beetch at times"
Keep talking to us Emm - we're all here for you.

And Mel - your posts were fantastic as Mo said.

Thanks Bev...Nice to hear from you.

Evening Emm,

It wasn't too bad when I drove the twins (my teenage house guests) to school at 8:00 - but by the time I walked the dog at 10:30 the temperature had dropped a lot ... and it SNOWED here! It didn't do much but flutter down, but SERIOUSLY!?

It is still pretty cold. I didn't start going to aqua fit during the winter because cold air and wet hair don't work for me . . . However, I made myself go this evening.

Is the heart scan thing to check how well your pacemaker is functioning? You'd think they'd want to know how it word under "normal" circumstances - so, you should do as you usually do. Can you tell I didn't go to medical school? ;).

I'm glad your home help is back. Did her vacation go well? I wonder if she'd be interests in doing the garden?

I'm being a nosy Parker here . . . But what does your duster do that earns her £200 per hour? Is she an auto mechanic? ;)

Morning Mel, Must admit I wasn't up until about 10.30 which is about my usual time.
Now raining here altho' still quite bright.

The app yesterday was for just checking the Pm was working okay and don't know why I have to have a scan.. I think I will ask when I go what it is for.

The comment was about my sister who is retired but even now having been a Nursing Sister can earn around £200 per hour so there is no reason why she cannot afford to buy herself the very top model of printer.. so why on earth she would get annoyed and jealous because I have better one than hers... :rolleyes:

My home help did have a fabulous holiday and was full of stories about her travels... and she's not at all interested in gardening and neither is her husband.

Morning Emm - just rushing out the door

Morning Carol.

Good morning Emm. How are you today? I hope you had a good sleep and feel refreshed. Im just waiting for a builder to turn up. Hope the day goes well. Mo

Morning Mo, Still plodding on and hoping things will improve.
Hope you have a good day too.

Morning Emm,

Hope the sun is shining where you are?:)

Sunny here but a bit chilly.It was chilly at 5am this morning when I went to work.Luckily it's only an 8 min walk.:)

Morning Mary, The sun was shining at one point but now it's raining.
5am is not on my chart at all!.. :D

Last edited:
Evening Em!

It was gloomy here as I started heading east (to pick up DD near Cambridge) and the weather got worse. Raining, etc. by the time we headed back west it was raining all along the A14. Where did spring go?

Too bad - she is not interested in gardening. :(

The sun's been out here but we have a freezing cold northerly wind that's been blowing for 3 days. I can't get my feet warm.

Evening Emm - how are you today?

Morning Emm - hope you had a good night and are feeling OK this morning. Shame about the garden - maybe you could try posting a wee ad - our village shop is a good place to find gardeners etc, so maybe an ad will work the other way and find you someone. There must be some retired gentlemen around who want to potter for a little bit of cash. I need to get into ours this weekend and get the spring plants which have been sitting on the deck for a fortnight planted - and we have a guy coming to quote for clearing the new bit of land, so all systems hopefully will be GO before the growing season gets too well under way ! all I need to do is win the lottery :) . Incidentally, J's friend (in the US) wife won $7000 on a scratch card this week. Lucky thing.

Have a good Friday

Good morning Em. Hope you slept well. Weather miserable here today. Mo

Morning Em!

Super foggy out. I almost got rear ended when j stopped waiting to turn onto road because the person behind me couldn't see my car (it's light blue -- fog colored).

Cold and windy here too - Mr Sun is hiding behind the clouds today.

Morning Emm,

Weather not so nice here this morning.Drizzling and chilly.Last 5am getting out of bed for 11 days.:)

How are you feeling this morning?

Morning Mary, weather very changeable here... now the sun is coming out again.

Morning Emm - hope you had a good night and are feeling OK this morning. Shame about the garden - maybe you could try posting a wee ad - our village shop is a good place to find gardeners etc, so maybe an ad will work the other way and find you someone. There must be some retired gentlemen around who want to potter for a little bit of cash. I need to get into ours this weekend and get the spring plants which have been sitting on the deck for a fortnight planted - and we have a guy coming to quote for clearing the new bit of land, so all systems hopefully will be GO before the growing season gets too well under way ! all I need to do is win the lottery :) . Incidentally, J's friend (in the US) wife won $7000 on a scratch card this week. Lucky thing.

Have a good Friday

Morning Carol, I've given up on the gardening problem as I've now made up my mind it's time to move into sheltered housing of some sort... especially something on the ground floor.
Talking about winning ... I started to buy a lottery ticket each week but it only lasted for about 4 weeks and then I forgot. Not bothered with that really.

Good morning Emm. Hope you slept well. Weather miserable here today. Mo

Shame about that Mo.... where did spring go all of a sudden!
Any more news on the moving front?

Morning Emm!

Super foggy out. I almost got rear ended when j stopped waiting to turn onto road because the person behind me couldn't see my car (it's light blue -- fog colored).

Morning Mel, Fog coloured car?!! :D That's a new one.. but I do know what you mean. Glad you didn't end up with your car being damaged.

Cold and windy here too - Mr Sun is hiding behind the clouds today.

Morning Bev, Hope you get to see some sun today.

Things are improving slowly and pm not playing me up quite as much now.
Still sleeping like no-ones business!! ..All good... most probably catching up on all that I've missed.. aided by Codienne I might add. :rolleyes:

Hey Emm - I haven't been about for a few days. Sorry you have been low. I hope that you feel better, I wonder if having made a decision about your move will help your frame of mind? I know it must be hard trying to let us know how you are feeling when the only people who can truly understand depression are those who have gone/are going through it. I guess even then everyone goes through it in their own way. Keep talking to us though as I am sure that's better than keeping it all inside. At least you know we all care about you even if we can't fully understand all that you are going through. Take care xx

Hello Em. How are you? How was your day? I hope to go swimming tomorrow. fingers crossed. Mo x

Evening Emm,

Just dropping in before bed.

I think moving into sheltered accommodation is the right move.You have someone on call 24/7 and you will meet others.Take your time over choosing the right one that suits you.:)
I am going top see my MIL in April so hoping to get her to move asap.

Hi Mary, Yes.. I agree that it will afford me more social occasions and that in turn will help keep my mind off all my aches and pains.
Hope you succeed in encouraging your MIL to move too.

Hey Emm - I haven't been about for a few days. Sorry you have been low. I hope that you feel better, I wonder if having made a decision about your move will help your frame of mind? I know it must be hard trying to let us know how you are feeling when the only people who can truly understand depression are those who have gone/are going through it. I guess even then everyone goes through it in their own way. Keep talking to us though as I am sure that's better than keeping it all inside. At least you know we all care about you even if we can't fully understand all that you are going through. Take care xx

Hi Caroline, Nice to see you back again. .. It's certainly a great help to have somewhere I can let off a bit of steam at times... Unfortunately with depressives we tend to become very introverted and overwhelmed with things. I know my limits when this descends and I'm much better keeping as quiet as possible otherwise I start getting very over emotional...All sounds very dramatic doesn't it?!

Hello Emm. How are you? How was your day? I hope to go swimming tomorrow. fingers crossed. Mo x

Hi Mo, My day was okay-ish thanks. Hope you had a good one too.

Morning Emm Well done on making your decision - I am sure you can find somewhere nice that fits your criteria and it will be nice to have somewhere different.

Incidentally, that woman did NOT win $7000 on a scratch card - I was informed last night by a friend that she posted it on Facebook as part of a "joke". Can't see the point myself though I guess she must have one :confused:.

Afternoon Em,

Lovely and sunny here. How's the Pacemaker feeling? Much improved still?

Morning Emm Well done on making your decision - I am sure you can find somewhere nice that fits your criteria and it will be nice to have somewhere different.

Incidentally, that woman did NOT win $7000 on a scratch card - I was informed last night by a friend that she posted it on Facebook as part of a "joke". Can't see the point myself though I guess she must have one :confused:.

It's one of those silly games -- you post a status and if people "like" or "comment" then they give you the list to choose from and you're supposed to post a status. I don't play -- but I had a friend who posted that same status and it I commented and we ended up having a good FB chat. Hey FB wasn't starred out in your post?!

Saturday 29th March 2014

Feeling very much better today. I have taken on a little sewing job for a young woman who is to be a bridesmaid in May. This is just to shorten the shoulder straps and the attached petticoat. Was quite amazed to find that this very lovely looking young lady has no middle section to her body.. she goes from the chest straight to the top of her legs with no stomach and hips area at all and is about 3'6" tall.. hopefully I didn't show any amazement on my face.
Went to Hobbycrafts this afternoon to get some cotton and then wandered round the pound shop next door. Bought the usual bar of chocolate and ate about 1/3 of it then realised this evening that I mustn't eat or drink anything with caffeine in it because of the heart scan on Monday.

Weight has gone up to 191lbs! .. now I'm feeling much better I hope that I can get rid of those extra pounds.
Totals today: Cals 1212 Carbs 163

Evening Emm - Glad you are feeling a bit more chipper today.

Just a final thought re: sheltered housing.
As you know my mum moved to one 18 months ago. I'd been trying to persuade her to move for 5 years.
SHE LOVED IT!
No longer was she on her own - there's was loads going on but even so, when she felt a bit lonely she would just go and sit round the table in the entrance hall and speak to everyone coming in and out. There were always 3 or 4 people sat there.
She made loads of new friends and started doing things that she hadn't done in years.
She finally apologised to me when she'd been there 6 months and said she wished she'd moved years ago.

Now she's had to move into a care home the things that really upsets her is having to leave her friends in Homebeck.

Hope Monday goes ok - I'll be awol a lot (again) as I'm heading back to blighty on Monday and won't have much internet access.
Speak soon

Evening Emm,

Glad your feeling better and got a little sewing job to do for someone.:)

Thanks Mary...I am quite surprised how taking on this little job has made me feel better about myself and I'm not just a useless old bat!

It's good you are feeling better. I'm sure you'll get to grips with those few extra lb now :).

I'm sure you're right Caroline.. I think I'm on the up now.

Evening Emm - Glad you are feeling a bit more chipper today.

Just a final thought re: sheltered housing.
As you know my mum moved to one 18 months ago. I'd been trying to persuade her to move for 5 years.
SHE LOVED IT!
No longer was she on her own - there's was loads going on but even so, when she felt a bit lonely she would just go and sit round the table in the entrance hall and speak to everyone coming in and out. There were always 3 or 4 people sat there.
She made loads of new friends and started doing things that she hadn't done in years.
She finally apologised to me when she'd been there 6 months and said she wished she'd moved years ago.

Now she's had to move into a care home the things that really upsets her is having to leave her friends in Homebeck.

Hope Monday goes ok - I'll be awol a lot (again) as I'm heading back to blighty on Monday and won't have much internet access.
Speak soon

I met someone I used to know quite a while back who has moved into sheltered housing and she said that it was the best thing she ever did and her demeanour had changed so much too.

Re the scan: I can have my breakfast but then nothing else (app 2.45pm) but then take a fatty snack ie, cheese sandwich or pastry which I have to eat during the scan plus they will give me 2 injections in my arm to assist the scanning process one of which is to affect as to having done exercise. . the whole thing should take 2 1/2 hrs. However, I will be able to drive afterwards which is a relief.

Most annoyed with one of these opinion sites... I spent nearly an hour filling out a questionnaire about coffee and coffee shops only to be asked to pick 5 statements but only presented with 3 options! So after all that I didn't get any reward for it!

Back