2015 and It's Now or Never!

Hi Emm - this sounds like the problems I was having from my new machine in the office. I am not sure if there is a problem with Mini's or was wondering if anything to do with Windows 8.

Will let you know when I find out - will get J to have a look tomorrow.

How are you getting on posting today - J hasn't had time to figure out if it is something to do with this machine or not (for some strange reason he thinks that work comes first ?????) Anyway as you can see it isn't doing bold text today but I still get nothing when I hit the return key. Might ask the person who deals with questions on here - will let you know.

Friday 10th May 2013.

Woke up this morning with a very sore thumb. The paper thin remains have torn off right down into the quick! Amazing how much it catches on just about everything and anything. I've put a plaster over it but throbbing is not the right word! .. :cry: So between that and my not feeling too bright today I am not a happy bunny.

Have managed to keep my calories at a good level.. 1231 to be precise..and carbs just a bit high .. 101. That's it for today.. until this paragraph thing gets sorted I'm not posting any more.

Last edited:
Gosh your thumb sounds painful :( hope its easing up now. xx

Poor you. I hope your thumb gets better soon. Hope you don't have to quit posting for too long :(
Thanks Caroline. Just meant I was posting anymore yesterday. I usually spend a bit of time going round the diaries. At least I can get the curser to go on another line so that's a slight improvement... we shall see!
Gosh your thumb sounds painful :( hope its easing up now. xx

Thumb def a lot better today thanks.

Morning Emm

I was looking to see if there was a help area on here that we could ask about this. I am managing all right here (at home) but my new machine in the office is having the same problem as your new machine at home. I am guessing that "new machine" and probably Windows 8 is the common denominator ... but how to find out.,

I wonder if anyone else is using Windows 8 and not having this problem???????

Incidentally the bold thing stopped in the office, but still no new paragraphs.

Have a good Saturday

Actually I am on Windows 7..I have been in touch with Pierce about not having a tool bar which was restored after following instructions given but then lost the paragraph. Can you give Digital Spy a go as I have been on there but the info that some of them give is a bit beyond me...but they are very helpful. Perhaps you will have a better grasp of things. Link :PC & Mac Hardware and Software - Digital Spy Forums

Saturday 11th May 2013

Lovely and sunny morning which slowly turned into a rather changeable one.. dull and raining on and off! Feeling rather yuk today.. really don't know why. . best to go with the flow.
Paragraphs ability still off! Really goes against the grain for me to have to type a never ending rambled sort of thing.. IYKWIM!!
(editing and putting things right!)

I have been really hungry today altho' I did think about making a big salad sandwich oozing with salad cream but then the response came back "Errm..NO! don't fancy that anyway!" .. :giggle: .. Had kipper this evening..the boil in the bag sort.. and whilst I was originally going to have just one of the fillets decided to eat the lot. (new paragraph :D ) I would have just loved to have a nice soak in a hot bath which I find does the power of good when feeling off but unfortunately I don't have a bath.. :rolleyes: Calories and carbs rather high today 1348 cals and 107 carbs. Not bothered about that under the circumstances.

Last edited:
Morning Emm

I am using Windows 7 at home and it is fine here - so bang goes my theory.

I will get J to look at that link - I am hopeless with anything to do with hardware - just don't have the patience :)

Hope you feel better today.

Nelli

Love it :D

Hope your thumb is completely better now and you feel less 'yuk' tomorrow

Thumb past the worst now thanks altho' I am still keeping a micro plaster over it at the mo'.

Morning Emm

I am using Windows 7 at home and it is fine here - so bang goes my theory.

I will get J to look at that link - I am hopeless with anything to do with hardware - just don't have the patience :)

Hope you feel better today.

Nelli

Everything working okay now thanks Nelli...Yeehah!!
Think Pierce has been working the magic as per.. :worthy:

I'm the same with a lot of this tech biz but learning. Yay!

Sunday 12th May 2013

Great stuff... another 1.6lbs hits the dust! Now 189.8 (13st 7.8lbs) :party0049::party0049::party0049::party0049:

So glad I didn't give in to eating for the sake of it yesterday as I may well have done this time last year. Such a long while since I have been in the 13st range and that makes just over a stone loss this year.

Back