2015 and It's Now or Never!

Well done you

Thanks Nelli.

Sunday 12th May contd.

The lovely sunny day has deteriorated into a dismal raining one.. :sigh:
..Oh Well! What's new!?!

Had something nice happen, not only did my eldest D phone me on Friday but my youngest D phoned me today! Yay! Am always soo pleased to hear from them and had such a lovely chat too. Decided on the spur of the mo' to say that I would visit Sheffield in August..in fact will go for my birthday.. and meet up with any of the family who would like to join me for a nice evening meal. Hopefully I will have an opportunity to see my 3 grtgrandchildren for the first time.

Also decided the other evening that I will go on another cruise come Xmas and have booked to go to Iberia.
Actually just realised that it's not the one I thought I had booked but never mind.. it's somewhere different.

Diet has gone well today and was determined to keep my carbs as low as poss.

Breakfast - Crackerbread 2 + L.C.Cheese (4.30am)
Lunch - Eggs scrambled 2 + Melba Toast 4
Dinner - Ham 100g + Salad + S.Cream 25g incl grated Carrot 80g
Supper - Banana + Crème Fraiche 75g
Extra - Milk 210ml

Cals 978 Carbs 87 Fat 48 Protein 50 Sugars 42 Fibre 9

The menu sounds lovely :) Sounds exciting going on a cruise - i couldnt go as I have an irrational fear of whales :eek: . Really - Im scared their tails will flip the boat over or they'll nudge it over... weird.. haha. So lovely of your daughters to call you as well :) Hope your having a great day xx

The menu sounds lovely :) Sounds exciting going on a cruise - i couldnt go as I have an irrational fear of whales :eek: . Really - Im scared their tails will flip the boat over or they'll nudge it over... weird.. haha. So lovely of your daughters to call you as well :) Hope your having a great day xx

Such a shame having these awful fears..One of mine is always terrified that when there is a strong wind that the roof will fly off and I will be left looking into the sky which I hate to do! Despite many assurances by others these things DO happen sometimes. :sigh:
As for the cruise, whenever we hit some rough seas I question myself as to why the heck am I here! :D

Monday 13th May 2013

WI the same 189.8 so am quite happy with that.

Monday contd:

An amazing thing happened .. :D .. Council has actually sent someone round to look at the fence posts that have fallen down in the back garden... I mean .. it was only a few days ago that I reported it! Wonders will never cease..:eek:
However, said person rang my doorbell and when I went to the door nobody was there..looked down the stairs etc..nope .. then the next thing a card thro' the door with the usual.."sorry you were not at home" message. Rang them immediately and they were able to send him back. Honestly.. people just can't wait for a minute or two these days.. :sigh:
At least they are going to get them done very soon (apparently :rolleyes: )
Phone call from carpet people and the new carpet will be laid on the 24th. Rang my home help who said that she can come that day to help me move things and she said her husband was willing to come and help as well if need be.. thought that was so nice of him.
Booked my hotel in Sheffield for the 21 & 22 August.. all things a gogo there too.

Diet-wise started off the day with great plans to keep my carbs low but one or two things crept in and so once again they are higher than I wanted them to be.

Breakfast - Oats 30g
Lunch - Bread 1slice + Cheese 50g
Snack - Carrot sticks 80g + Liquorice 10g
Dinner - Meat Balls homemade 2 + Cabbage 50g + R.Beans 100g + B.Beans 100g + Oxo cube 1
Supper - Pineapple 74g + Crème Fraiche 75g
Extra - Milk 210ml

Calories 1136 Carbs 102 Fat 52 Protein 55 Sugars 46 Fibre 16

Last edited:
Your menu sounds good! Gah your councilmen sound like our mailman... if tey have a package for you - they will still put a note in mailbox asking for me to go and collect at the postoffice as Im not home... BUT i was home - and I saw him put it in. he didnt knock or even attempt to :mad:
What is this Creme Fraiche? It sounds delish! Hope your having a great day. xx

Your menu sounds good! Gah your councilmen sound like our mailman... if tey have a package for you - they will still put a note in mailbox asking for me to go and collect at the postoffice as Im not home... BUT i was home - and I saw him put it in. he didnt knock or even attempt to :mad:
What is this Creme Fraiche? It sounds delish! Hope your having a great day. xx

Very annoying isn't it?!! and I have had it with the postie as well!

Crème fraîche is a soured cream containing 30-45% butterfat and having a pH of around 4.5. It is soured with bacterial culture, but is less sour than U.S.-style ...

It's really delish and 75g has just 4carbs in it.

Tuesday 14th May 2013

Another 1lb off today.. 13st 6.8lbs..Yay!! :bliss:
:bliss::bliss:

Congrats on your Loss!!! yayayayayyayayayyayayay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Congrats on your Loss!!! yayayayayyayayayyayayay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thankyou!

Tuesday contd:

Had my appointment with the physiotherapist this afternoon. He did acupuncture and ultrasound massage on my shoulder which at the time made it really painful. Then put a large plaster type thing right round it. Pain def seems to subsided a lot now so hopefully it will improve.

Then went to a shop some miles away that does materials for curtains. Bit of a waste of time as apparently the woman who deals with that only works part time and wasn't there. So had a look and saw one I liked but then there was absolutely nobody around to deal with me. So I left after picking up a card for contacting her... :sigh:

Then went to Tesco and took a light bulb back. It was one of the long life sort which was supposed to last for 10yrs. I had decided at the time to make a note on the box when I bought it..2010..The woman on the service desk said that at this time they are selling for 79p but I do know that it cost me the same as others that were there..about £3.50 so I refused to accept the 79p and demanded the amount I paid even tho' it was a while back. She did eventually give me the £3.50!

Diet has gone very well and whilst I have chopped and changed what I was going to have I've managed to keep my carbs quite low.. :clap:

Breakfast - Crackerbread 3 + L.C.Cheese 1
Lunch - Bread 1slice + Cheese 50g
Snack - Melba Toast 2 + Digestive Biscuit 1
Dinner - Cod breaded 131g + R.Beans 100g + Carrot 60g + Kraft Th.Isle Dr 25ml
Supper - Strawberries 100g + Crème Fraiche 75g
Extra - Milk 210ml

Cals. 1126 Carbs 88 Fat 56 Protein 44 Sugars 41 Fibre 13

Last edited:
How strange the curtain lady wasnt there :/
Its a shame about the lightbulb... Silly false advertising :mad: Good on you for sticking to your guns!
Also your menu sounds delish! hope your having a good day/night. xx

Wednesday 15th May 2013

Delighted to find another sale on Amazon. So apart from my couple of silly mistakes when I totalled up my profit for the last six months or so it's around £50..Every little helps and all things that I don't want anyway.

B&Q this afternoon to see if I can get the door handles I want. Was just about to give up as I couldn't see them and then noticed that they were in a totally different place as these were "value" items. At least I got them at last and the pensioners discount. Was going to get some curtain track for my bedroom but there stock was extremely limited so no go there.
Then to Tesco... as usual! Needed a couple of cleaning items and was gasping for a drink so went to Costa Coffee café and weakened I'm afraid along with my tea I had a fruit scone with jam and clotted cream! :eek: Really yummy..thoroughly enjoyed it..felt really sick afterwards...and then to top that bought a pack of choc icecreams and had one while I sat in the car.
So what started off as a really well planned low carb day has ended up being 121 total and cals 1346!

You really do have the incentive now between your trip in August and then another cruise. Lucky you. We are thinking of going on one for our 25th anniversay but that is still a year and a half away.

You really do have the incentive now between your trip in August and then another cruise. Lucky you. We are thinking of going on one for our 25th anniversay but that is still a year and a half away.

Thanks Nelli.. I suppose on reflection I haven't done too bad count-wise just unhealthy eating.

Back to the straight and narrow tomoz!

You're doing really well with your weight loss so a treat every now and then is justified.

Thanks.. must admit it was a nice change.

Hope you had a good day

Did have a reasonable sort of day thanks.

Thursday 16th May 2013

Just couldn't get moving this morning and realised I was getting quite depressed about feeling so cold all the time.. On went my heating and warmed the bathroom up as well and went and had a nice hot shower. Felt so much better afterwards.

Delighted that I managed to peel off the rest of the gel on my nails so gave them a manicure. Looking quite smart now so that's another thing that has made me feel better. :)

Have to be very careful when this depressive mood strikes so apart from the few odd jobs have just spent the day snoozing on and off. It helps me to ride it out as there's nothing else I can do and I refuse to take antidepressants.

Diet has gone quite well so am pleased with that.

Breakfast - Oats 30g + Honey 1Tblspn
Lunch - Cheese 30g + Bread 1slice
Snack - Raspberries 75g + Crème Fraiche 110g
Dinner - Pork Chop 175g + R.Beans 80g + Carrots 75g
Supper - Crackerbread 2 + L.C.Cheese 1
Extra - Milk 210ml

Cals 1150 Carbs 93 Fat 49 Protein 68 Sugars 45 Fibre 15

Didn't have supper totals were:
Cals 1070 Carbs 84 Fat 46 Protein 66 Sugars 44 Fibre 15

Last edited:
Good diet day - well done :). You sound really tuned into your mood and how to take action when required :).

Learnt to do that some few years ago after a long time of suffering and being put on allsorts of meds that made me feel like a zombie.

Friday 17th May 2013

A better day. Out to lunch and this time they did have my fav roast chicken.
Then to Tesco to pick up some things I ordered online... a garden rake (I gave all my garden tools away when my back was very bad at first) and also curtain track for my bedroom. decided to get the one with a draw cord as I tend to pull my curtains too hard and they come off the hooks! .. :doh:

Did a bit of shopping with these in my trolley and with the rake handle being very long I almost decapitated a few people..:D

Diet has gone well and didn't fall into temptation.. :innocent0001:

Breakfast - Oats 30g + Honey 1Tablspn
Lunch - Morrisons Chicken with peas, carrots and mash
Snack - Brazil Nuts 50g
Supper - Strawberries 100g + Crème Fraiche 100g
Extra - Milk 201ml

Cals. 1222 Carbs 78 Fat 68 Protein 69 Sugars 39 Fibre 10

Back