2015 and It's Now or Never!

Yes I agree - nuts are funny as they are full of calories - but their health benefits are huge. :D your doing great! hope those magnesium tablets help :)

Wednesday 22nd May 2013

Took one of the magnesium tablets last night and was soon feeling really warm.. even my feet were nice and warm. When I went to bed I soon dropped off to sleep and had such a great sleep only getting up once during the night and then woke up really refreshed. I can't believe that after just one dose this would have such a great affect.. so we shall see how things progress.

Workmen arrived early today and proceeded to put in all new posts round my garden. Thought they would only renew the ones that had fallen out of the ground thro' being rotten so am quite pleased as they will all match now. Also, in doing so they have dug up some old geranium plants (not pelagonias which are often called geraniums) which has cleared the ground and I can put in some runner beans now.. that's an unexpected bonus!

Hairdo this afternoon. As I went in the hairdresser was just finishing someone else and so I joined in their conversation. Got quite a sour look and brush off which I was very surprised about especially as it's only a very small place. She does do my hair very nicely and will see if that happens again but will seriously consider moving on as I don't like that attitude.

Packed quite a few things away ready for new carpet onslaught on Friday. Just hope the smell of the new carpet doesn't affect my sinuses too much.

Made a salmon soufflé for my evening meal which I was rather dubious about but it turned out really delish. Used up some cooked salmon from the other evening and now have another five portions for the freezer. Carbs today a bit OTT but had a moments urge and finished off an icecream that was in the freezer.

Breakfast - Oats 30g + Oat bran 5g + Honey 1 Tablspn
Lunch - Cheese 50g + Lettuce + Beetroot 40g + S.Cream 25g
Snack - Choclatina Icecream
Dinner - Salmon Souffle
Supper - Blueberries 100g + Crème Fraiche 75g
Extra - Milk 210ml

Cals 1277 Carbs 109 Fat 73 Protein 51 Sugars 58 Fibre 12

Last edited:
Hi Emmaline :) So glad your sleep was so refreshing :) And woohoo about the posts and plants :D Shame about the hairdressers though :(

Hi Emmaline :) So glad your sleep was so refreshing :) And woohoo about the posts and plants :D Shame about the hairdressers though :(

A good day yesterday on balance (ignore the hairdresser - silly woman). Let's hope today is even better :)

Thanks girls.

Thursday 23rd May 2013

Not such a good night but didn't take one of the mag. tabs... will see what happens tonight.

Went out to lunch but was ever so good and didn't allow myself to stray.
Took a bottle of med back to Tesco. I had asked for something which wasn't in stock so the young lady had recommended something else. Good job that I checked it out before taking it as it was completely contradictory to what I wanted. Then I was told they don't refund meds but was very annoyed and insisted that it wasn't my fault I had got the wrong thing so was refunded after all!

Had a look round a couple of bed salesrooms as I want to get a different headboard. Saw a couple of really nice ones but they were only in a double bed size. This is the sort of thing I want:

I would have thought that any design would be available in any size ..but NO! I shall have to buy one online..saves me trudging round any more stores.

Garden fencing finished today and it looks fab! Even have a new gate as well. I feel quite privileged. Also had a phone call from the council to apologise for not attending to my complaint re my bird bath and water butt that the "Mow & Grow" company destroyed and says that he will be seeing to getting me some compensation. Only last August this happened.. :D

Diet has gone well again.

Breakfast - Oats 30g + Oat Bran 5g + Honey 1 Tablspn
Lunch - Morrisons Liver & Onions
Snack - Brazil Nuts 30g
Dinner - Bacon 70g + Egg poached 1
Supper - Blueberries 75g + Crème Fraiche 50g
Extra - Milk 180ml

Cals. 1204 Carbs 79 Fat 70 Protein 61 Sugars 33 Fibre 10

Wow everything coming together at once! Must be your lucky week :D :D Also I love that headboard! Just put the shop trudging down as extensive exercise :D

Morning Emm

Beautiful sunshine in Glasgow - hope you've got some of it there.

I agree with the girls that you are doing fantastic with the diet - you will be skinny Minnie by the time your cruise comes around. When is it you go?

Wow everything coming together at once! Must be your lucky week :D :D Also I love that headboard! Just put the shop trudging down as extensive exercise :D

Exercising is not in my ability record unfortunately. Have to do those sort of things on days when the old bones allow!

Morning Emm

Beautiful sunshine in Glasgow - hope you've got some of it there.

I agree with the girls that you are doing fantastic with the diet - you will be skinny Minnie by the time your cruise comes around. When is it you go?

Hope so Nelli altho' seem to have come to a bit of a stand still again at the mo'.
Got plenty of time as the cruise is next Xmas..December 19th for 10 days.

Friday 24th May 2013

Up early and managed to get most of my bits and pieces moved into the bedroom before my home help lady arrived. She worked soo hard carrying most of the furniture like a large folding table etc. out of the sitting room. Then gave me her mobile no. and left to do some shopping and came back after the carpet was laid to move everything back again.
Carpet is super and very pleased with it. Thought there would have been a much stronger newness smell but it's quite okay.
Absolutely shattered now and back giving me a lot of jip so apologies for not visiting diaries tonight.
Kept to my diet very well which again I am very surprised about.

Breakfast - Oats 30g + Oat Bran 5g + Honey 1 Tablspn
Lunch - Cheese 35g + Bread 1 slice
Snack - Brazil Nuts 35g
Dinner - Salmon Souffle
Supper - Crackerbread 3 + L.C.Cheese 1 + Milk 180ml + Galaxy Hot Choc 15g
Extra - Milk 180ml

Cals. 1315 Carbs 112 Fat 71 Protein 59 Sugars 50 Fibre 13

Last edited:
Oooh fresh carpet :) Lovely :)

Oooh fresh carpet :) Lovely :)

Thanks I&S.. I am very pleased with it.

On the other hand not at all pleased to have to admit that since about Wednesday my weight has gone up 3lbs and am now 13st 9lbs. Kept hoping that it would go down a bit..you know fluid and all that! :rolleyes:
Not going to change settings until Monday when I do my "official" WI.

Fingers crossed for Monday - I bet it is fluid :)

Certainly hope so. I know I tend to get a bit uptight when things have to be seen to.. what I mean is dealing with all the moving stuff and wondering whether I will be able for it all. Silly really especially as I did have someone helping me.

Saturday 25th May 2013

Woke early enough to rewire my radio speakers ready to listen to my C&W music and then as soon as it started fell off to sleep again for about an hour!! :sigh:

Rest of day has been either sorting stuff to bring back to sitting room or watching "The Big Country" on TV which I love. Found a nice place to do my photos for advertising. My attempts so far have been rather disastrous and not at all appealing but these are looking really good.. :D

Diet has gone okayish... calories within target but carbs up quite a lot as wanted to finish off a couple of things rather than throw them out.

Breakfast - Oats 30g + Honey 1 Tablspn
Lunch - Cheese 50g + Lettuce + Beetroot 50g + S.Cream 25g
Snack - WW Choc Muffing 1
Dinner - B.Beans 116g + Egg poached 1 + Melba Toast 4
Supper - Brazil Nuts 20g + Milk 120ml + Galaxy Choc Drink 15g
Extra - Milk 210ml

Cals. 1230 Carbs 129 Fat 55 Protein 48 Sugars 69 Fibre 14

Good luck for WI tomorrow :) Im sure it's fluid :) Menu sounds yummy :D

To begin with 13.6.8 to 13.9 is NOT 3lb - I know this for an absolute fact :) It will soon go.

Hope you have sunshine - it been a little bit nice here but gone grey again :(

Happy Sunday

Good luck for WI tomorrow :) Im sure it's fluid :) Menu sounds yummy :D

Thankyou.. keeping my fingers crossed.

Sounds like you have had a very busy few days!
Funny how we have both got a pesky little 3 lbs (of mainly water) to deal with now! I'm sure it will be off in no time!

Certainly hope so..1lb off today already.. Yay!

To begin with 13.6.8 to 13.9 is NOT 3lb - I know this for an absolute fact :) It will soon go.

Hope you have sunshine - it been a little bit nice here but gone grey again :(

Happy Sunday

Very true that.. maths not as good as they used to be.

Sunday 26th May 2013

Been an absolutely gorgeous day.. sun shining all day, beautiful blue sky.. except I haven't been outside at all. Been quite busy sorting more stuff to bring back into sitting room. Decided to get rid of some of my ornaments as I pick them up from charity shops and there are far too many cluttering up the place so they will go back to where they came from! :D

Pushed myself a bit too much and have now got not just an agonising back but a bad headache as well. Only thing for it is off to bed a.s.a.p.

Carbs OTT again but not worried about that under the circumstances.

Breakfast - Oats 30g + Honey 1 tablspn
Lunch - Cheese 50g + Lettuce + Beetroot 55g + S.Cream 25g
Snack - WW Chocolate Muffin
Dinner - Veg Soup homemade + Melbo Toast 6
Supper - Blueberries 100g + Crème Fraiche 50g
Extra - Milk 210ml

Cals. 1146 Carbs 134 Fat 50 Protein 36 Sugars 58 Fibre 16

Monday 27th May 2013

WI .. 191lbs.
Decided to have a day of just eating anything altho' have kept to my calorie range.

Sunny day again and got out into the garden this afternoon.
Dug up some roots of old brambles and weeds and altho' didn't clear very much was able to put in half a dozen runner beans.
Tied up my tomato plants and weeded them and the strawbs which are looking really healthy.

Breakfast - Ready to eat Prunes 73g + Milk 210ml
Lunch - Bread 1slice + Brussels Pate 20g
Snack - Brazil Nuts 50g
Evening - Cheese 30g + Bread 1slice
Supper - Strawberries 100g + Custard (made with Soya Milk)
Extra - Milk 210ml

Cals. 1153 Carbs 99 Fat 61 Protein 44 Sugars 63 Fibre 18

Tuesday 28th May 2013

Lovely day again. Went out to lunch.. Morrisons as usual.
Then Tesco and bought more salad stuff and fruit. Was looking at the reduced stuff and noticed some cream sponges which looked delish so put them in my trolley but a few mins later went and put them back..Yay! Feel quite virtuous! :innocent0002:
Also got some more soya milk which I used last night and was pleasantly surprised how tasty it is.

Breakfast - Liquorice 30g
Lunch - Chicken 175g + Peas 50g + Carrot 30g + Stuffing ball & Gravy
Snack - Brazil Nuts 30g
Evening - Cheese 40g + Salad + S.Cream 20g
Supper - Brussels Pate 20g + Bread 1slice + Blueberries 100g
Extra - Milk 210ml

Cals. 1296 Carbs 92 Fat 64 Protein 76 Sugars 41 Fibre 10

Was looking at the reduced stuff and noticed some cream sponges which looked delish so put them in my trolley but a few mins later went and put them back..Yay! Feel quite virtuous! :innocent0002:
Also got some more soya milk which I used last night and was pleasantly surprised how tasty it is.

Oooh Go You! that's great you put them back... much harder doing that then putting them in the trolley :D I might have to try this soya milk - also almond milk - I wonder what that tastes like?
Sounds like you had a lovely day :D xxx

Oooh Go You! that's great you put them back... much harder doing that then putting them in the trolley :D I might have to try this soya milk - also almond milk - I wonder what that tastes like?
Sounds like you had a lovely day :D xxx

I had that soya milk in my fridge for a couple of weeks and was putting off using it in case it was horrid but I think it is actually quite nice. However, I did use it just to make some custard.
I do get a bit fed up with always doing things on my own but then there are worse things! (like an over controlling OH like my ex!! :D)

My home help comes again tomorrow and she is always good for a natter.

Back