2015 and It's Now or Never!

Wednesday 29th May 2013

Not a nice start to the day..raining on and off but then cleared and sunny late this afternoon.

My dear son phoned me at 7.30a.m. which he knows full well that I do not like to be disturbed as I usually sleep until about 8.30. Didn't get up to the phone and he didn't leave a message so I was well annoyed!
Home help came at 1p.m. and we had a good chat and laugh which cheered me up no end!
Also had the council surveyor visit and it turns out that he wanted to get info as to the refurbishments that they carried out some few years ago for a guide line for other places that they will be going to. Tch!

Been feeling really hungry all day so had bits of nibbles.

Breakfast - Oats 35 + Hone 1Tblspn
Lunch - Cheese 35g + Bread 1slice
Snack - Brazil Nuts 30g + Ready to eat Prunes 49g
Evening - Bacon 82g + Egg poached 1
Supper - Strawbs 100g + Crème Fraiche half fat 50ml
Extra - Milk 210ml

Cals. 1190 Carbs 93 Fat 67 Protein 53 Sugars 55 Fibre 15

Morning Emm - hope all is well with you. Are they going to be doing more work on your house?

It's almost nice in Glasgow this morning - still making up it's mind methinks. J says that it IS TO BE NICE :) I don't care as I have to work anyway and our office is in a loft so it get really hot, even with the windows wide open.

Hope you have a good day and some sunshine - Heavens know, we all need it.

Nelli

A good food day - even if the rest of your day was out of sorts.

Thanks for that .. as a matter of fact I was feeling somewhat grumpy anyway! :badmood:

Morning Emm - hope all is well with you. Are they going to be doing more work on your house?

It's almost nice in Glasgow this morning - still making up it's mind methinks. J says that it IS TO BE NICE :) I don't care as I have to work anyway and our office is in a loft so it get really hot, even with the windows wide open.

Hope you have a good day and some sunshine - Heavens know, we all need it.

Nelli

It has been quite a nice day here altho' I haven't seen much of it.

Thursday 30th May 2013

Today has not been a good one at all. Realised that I was suffering the effect of all the upheaval over the last couple of days or so. Trouble is that altho' it only takes an hour or so for the carpet to be fitted it's all the toing and froing that goes on before and after. So after having a really dreadful night I have spent the day just catching up on my sleep and generally "pampering" myself..if that's what to call it.. by eating anything that came to hand which included a very large dish of strawbs with a generous dollop of double cream and topped with a large helping of icecream. Having posted all of this I am more than a little surprised that it is not as much as I expected... total cals 1437 and that at a very generous calculation.
Feeling much better now and look forward to getting back to the wheel tomorrow.

Hope you all had a good day.

Yay for feeling better!!! Even with pampering yourself your cals are not completely off the scale so you won't have done too much damage (if any). You're sounding positive which is good :)

Caroline is right - that is probably a "stay the same" calorie intake.

I am finding more and more that I cannot be bothered with stuff going on around me - we still are waiting for a plasterer - the one booked to come got ill and we never heard from him again !!!! The middle landing in particular is a mess - and you know, I don't really care right now (very unusual).

Hopefully now that it is all finished and new you will sit back an enjoy.

Have a great weekend

Nelli

Yay for feeling better!!! Even with pampering yourself your cals are not completely off the scale so you won't have done too much damage (if any). You're sounding positive which is good :)

Good thought that Caroline but moi has now pampered far too much!! :D

Caroline is right - that is probably a "stay the same" calorie intake.

I am finding more and more that I cannot be bothered with stuff going on around me - we still are waiting for a plasterer - the one booked to come got ill and we never heard from him again !!!! The middle landing in particular is a mess - and you know, I don't really care right now (very unusual).

Hopefully now that it is all finished and new you will sit back an enjoy.

Have a great weekend

Nelli

What a shame about plasterer..proper bar steward as they say!!

Friday 31st May 2013

Woke up feeling very depressed again today so had to have a real talking to myself to get to grips with things. The thing that gets me down quicker than anything is when I feel hurt or left out of my daughters' lives. Silly really as I can't expect to always know where they are going etc. etc. No doubt very much to do with my being on my own such a lot..Oh well! That's life!
Just needed to have that little rant! :D

Did intend to go swimming and then forgot.. what am I like!?!
Went to Sainsburies for lunch which my home help had recommended. Lovely airy and light café but the beef lasagne I had was quite tasteless. Thankfully they did have mobility scooters so was able to have a good mooch around the store and ended up buying a pack of chocolate covered peanuts! .. :argh:

So that's another day off kilter and no doubt more than a pound or two gain come Monday. However, rang my friend in Bury and had a nice long chat and we commiserated with each other on all our mistreatments or surmised ones I should say, then had a good laugh so now feeling so much better. Determined that tomorrow will be back on track day for real... my fav sign to boot.. :girlpower:

Nothing beats that chat with the friend that leaves you feeling happy and refreshed :) As for the food - no worries... as you say it was pampering and you have had lots of things happening recently :)
xx

Morning Emm - hope you are feeling better this morning. I have been up for ages - dogs padding around "whinging" to wake us up so they could get out in the sunshine - now they are both lying on the deck sound asleep - and I am twiddling my thumbs thinking about putting a washing on.

Hope you have a good diet day.

Nelli

Morning Emm - hope you are feeling better this morning. I have been up for ages - dogs padding around "whinging" to wake us up so they could get out in the sunshine - now they are both lying on the deck sound asleep - and I am twiddling my thumbs thinking about putting a washing on.

Hope you have a good diet day.

Nelli

That's pet pooches for you.. but you love them anyway!
Hope you have a good day too.

Nothing beats that chat with the friend that leaves you feeling happy and refreshed :) As for the food - no worries... as you say it was pampering and you have had lots of things happening recently :)
xx

Back on track today with added zeal after that chat! Thanks for the reminder I&S.

I do like the sound of positivity. Maybe the stars have been out of alignment and now they are back on track and so are we. Fingers crossed you haven't done too much damage on the scales, but if a lb or two have crept on you will deal with it.

I do like the sound of positivity. Maybe the stars have been out of alignment and now they are back on track and so are we. Fingers crossed you haven't done too much damage on the scales, but if a lb or two have crept on you will deal with it.

Stars are to blame... altho' tbh I was going to blame the weather!

Saturday 1st June 2013

C&W music this morning was very good and I stayed awake for all of it! :D

Haven't done anything much today, just watching TV and generally being lazy.
Kept to my diet really well so am thoroughly pleased with myself.

Breakfast - Eggs hard boiled 2
Lunch - Veg Soup homemade
Snack - Brazil Nuts 50g
Dinner - Salad + Cheese 50g + S.Cream 20g
Supper - Raspberries 100g + Double Cream 60ml
Extra - Milk 150ml

Cals. 1188 Carbs 41 Fat 93 Protein 43 Sugars 25 Fibre 10

Sunday 2nd June 2013

Another lazy day. I didn't actually wake up until 11am!
Looked really lovely outside but tbh I just didn't feel up to coping with any more pain. What I mean by that is ..as I have a bit of pain all the time doing anything means it's going to be worse for it. Poor me! :boohoo:

Anyhoo .. spent the time googling allsorts of things and getting to grips with downloading some photos which enabled me to put some more stuff on Gumtree for sale. Hopefully another few bob to help the coiffures. :D

Diet has gone well and I haven't felt in the least bit hungry.
Weighed this "morning" and signs are good so keeping fingers well and truly crossed. :fingerscrossed:

Breakfast - Nil
Lunch - Cheese 50g + Salad + S.Cream 25g
Snack - Brazil Nuts 30g
Dinner - R.Trout + Carrot 55g + R.Beans 100g + Th.Isle Dr. 25ml
Supper - Raspberries 75g + Double Cream 50ml
Extras - Milk 180ml

Cals. 1158 Carbs 41 Fat 85 Protein 50 Sugars 32 Fibre 11

I love selling things on GUmtree - nothing beats a good house clearing out :) Sounds like you've had a lovely day :) xx

Morning Emm

I have been threatening to sell stuff on eBay and Gumtree for about the last year and think that this week I just might get to grips with it all :) Could be doing with a little bit of money to even slightly counter balance what we've been spending recently :)

Glad you had a good diet day yesterday.

Happy Monday

I love selling things on GUmtree - nothing beats a good house clearing out :) Sounds like you've had a lovely day :) xx
Got a lot..I mean A LOT of things to clear..:D
Thanks for the post I&S

Found you! Have a nice day Emm :)

Thanks Bubbly..you too. :)

Morning Emm

I have been threatening to sell stuff on eBay and Gumtree for about the last year and think that this week I just might get to grips with it all :) Could be doing with a little bit of money to even slightly counter balance what we've been spending recently :)

Glad you had a good diet day yesterday.

Happy Monday

Morning Nelli.
You don't get much for stuff these days but a wee bit is better than nothing and it all adds up!

Monday 3rd June 2013

Delighted this morning as WI shows 190.6lbs and that after my 2-3 days of being well and truly off my diet!

Monday 3rd contd.

Massage today and it was great. Feel so much better after it.
Popped in to Tesco for a couple of salad items.. didn't even glance at any naughty stuff :girlpower:

Watered my tom plants in the back garden just as "Mow & Grow" turned up. I noticed that they started with pulling up all the new fern stalks so that all the garden area next door would be mowed. Hooray! All my nagging over the years has finally paid off.

As I went out of the door to my app this afternoon I realised I had forgotten to have any lunch so quickly grabbed a couple of digestives to eat in the car. Thought it would have made my carbs really high but some good planning and all's not to bad at all.

Breakfast - Allbran 35g + Milk 63ml
Lunch - Digestive Biscuits 2
Snack - Peach 1
Evening - Cheese 56g + Eggs hard boiled 2 + R.Beans 114g + Carrot 37g
Supper - Raspberries 100g + Double Cream 50ml
Extra - Milk 240ml

Cals. 1130 Carbs 87 Fat 63 Protein 48 Sugars 50 Fibre 24

Last edited:
Back