2015 and It's Now or Never!

Tuesday 4th June 2013

Positively elated this a.m... now 188.8!
Will save posting this till my WI day.

Physio today and had the same ultrasound massage plus a half hour attached to a Differential machine. Did some research when I got home as it looked and felt just like a Tens machine but apparently the intensity is much more rapid and deeper. It has made my arm less painful which is great.

Diet has gone well and did some calculations..if I can lose just 1lb per week I should be just about at my goal come Xmas.

Breakfast - Allbran 30g + Milk 63ml
Lunch - Cheese 53g + Salad + S.Cream 20g
Snack - Peach 1
Evening - Lambs Liver 114g + Cabbage 100g + Carrot 54g Tom. Ketchup 25g
Supper - Raspberries 90g + Double Cream 50ml
Extra - Milk 180ml

Cals. 1083 Carbs 85 Fat 62 Protein 65 Sugars 89 Fibre 19

Last edited:
That is so doable Emm - and you will feel fantastic on the cruise.

Well done on the other pound.

Still Plodding On!

Well done Emm :) ultrasound massage is fab isn't it and the massive Tens machine. I've had them both. Wish I could own both those machines! What did you do to arm? X

I'm glad you are finding some relief from the pain, that's got to put you in a better mood. You're doing really well with your diet too. Christmas will be great with the new super-slim you:)

That is so doable Emm - and you will feel fantastic on the cruise.

Well done on the other pound.

Thanks Nelli . Certainly is doable! Can't wait to be a slim me again.

Well done Emm :) ultrasound massage is fab isn't it and the massive Tens machine. I've had them both. Wish I could own both those machines! What did you do to arm? X

Thanks Bubbly... didn't really do anything..just old age and arthritis.

I'm glad you are finding some relief from the pain, that's got to put you in a better mood. You're doing really well with your diet too. Christmas will be great with the new super-slim you:)

Thanks for that Caroline.

Wednesday 5th June 2013

Rather strange about the physio as my arm will be great for a while then ache like billyo for an hour or so. Must admit tho' there does seem to be some improvement over all.

Got up and proceeded to prepare for my young lady to call to perm my hair. Have to bring a picnic type chair thro' as I don't have any ordinary chairs (no room). I put down a dust sheet to stop the cut hair from going into the carpet. Then have to put a couple of pillows on the chair so I am the right height and before all that I have to move a couple of things out of the way as well..so it's quite a performance really. Everything was ready and I sat and waited and waited ..and then remembered it's tomorrow she is coming! :d'oh:....:sigh:

Council workman called and put new drain cover on outside..Why he needed to tell me I don't know!
Next..another council workman arrived to see to my kitchen sliding door as it is constantly coming off the runners. Was pleased that his boss was coming as I wanted them to take the door away. I hate sliding doors and I really didn't want it there in the first place. After much deliberation and a couple of phone calls it was decided that they could leave it off but if it was taken away and if I moved I would have to pay for it to be restored. So said door was put in my greenhouse for putting in my shed when I can make room for it.. ;)

Went into back garden, watered plants and pulled some weeds and that was about it as feeling a wee bit fragile today.
Put a lamb shank in oven to cook very slowly and was really looking forward to it. Unfortunately it wasn't as nice as I expected.

Breakfast - Melba Toast 6 + L.C.Cheese 1
Lunch - Bacon 60g + Eggs poached 2
Snack - Peach 1 + Digestive Biscuits 2
Evening - Lamb 90g + Carrot 70g + Cabbage 80
Supper - Strawbs 230g + Crème Fraiche 100ml
Extra - Milk 180ml

Cals. 1280 Carbs 86 Fat 71 Protein 59 Sugars 52 Fibre 14

Last edited:
Well done Emm, you're really good at sticking to your plan :)

Hope arm settles and becomes more pain free for you.

Have a good day :) x

Thanks Bubbly. Not always good..a few blips now and again.. that's life hey?!

Morning Emm

Hope you still have some relief from the pain.

Thanks Nelli. Arm not too bad today.

Came on to see if you are well - sounds positive - glad to hear it :)

Thanks Caroline.

Thursday 6th June 2013

A good day! :happy036:

My young lady called and permed my hair so I am all glam now.. :D
A great chance to talk myself hoarse!
Lovely day again so popped out to shops for half an hour. Bought some kippers and had one when I got home as a very late lunch. (love my car!)
All things quite ship shape today for a change and feeling brill.
Phoned my D this afternoon as I saw on Facebook that she has put her back out but got no reply which was a shame.
Diet gone well.

Breakfast - Oats 30g + Honey 1 Tablsp
Lunch - Kipper
Snack - Peach 1
Evening - Cheese 50g + Salad + Vinaigrette 10ml
Supper - Blueberries 150g + Crème Fraiche 100ml
Extra - Milk 180ml

Cals. 1086 Carbs 84 Fat 63 Protein 40 Sugars 51 Fibre 12

Great that you had another good day - I bet you look very glam with your new hairdo! Hope your daughter is okay. My back 'goes' from time to time - agony. Some really good pain-killers these days though.

Friday 7th June 2013

Everything went very well today. Just did all the usual odds and ends jobs but was very pleased that I only had minor pain in my back which actually transfers itself to either my hip or groin.(very odd)...today it was the latter.
Went into garden to water plants but the slight wind was soo chilly so I didn't stay very long.

After a lot of chopping and changing my menu it all turned out reasonably okay.

Breakfast (5am) - Ryvitas 3 + L.C.Cheese 1
Lunch - Bread 1slice + Butter 15g + Eggs poached 2
Snack - Brazil Nuts 50g
Dinner - Corned Beef 50g + R,Beans 100g + Cabbage 100g + Tom Ketchup 25g
Supper - Blueberries 100g + Crème fraiche 50ml
Extra - Milk 180ml

Cals. 1282 Carbs 75 Fat 79 Protein 59 Sugars 58 Fibre 16

So impressed with you Emm. I'm hoping I can be that controlled one day!

Well done :) x

Thanks Bubbly but sometimes I feel I do make a rod for my own back as I have to be so precise with weighing items.

Saturday 8th June 2013

After yesterdays day of being relatively pain free I went to bed about 11 and within an hour I was rolling about in agony with my arm!! :sigh: So got up at about 3am had a very early "breakfast" so I could take some tabs but didn't go to bed again until 7.30. Pleased tho' that when I did wake up the pain had subsided quite a lot. Missed most of my C&W music as I kept dozing off which I really wasn't bothered about today.

Had some fantastic news...by email to be precise. My D who I had said I would visit in August, finally responded to my message regarding inviting the rest of the family for a meal says that they are all eager to come. In my usual pessimistic manner as it seemed such a long time before she replied, I had been assuming that nobody would want to come, that they most probably didn't want to bother with meeting me after all these years....etc. etc...but it was because she had been so busy and now not well either. Now makes me really get some more weight off so I will look half decent meeting them all..(and it's my birthday then as well!)

Went out and had chicken lunch at Morrisons. Did intend to have a look round the store but getting one of their scooters is such a nuisance now since they have altered all the store around. The flowers and plants section is just inside the door now where the scooters are kept and a key can be picked up from any of the assistants there but as there was no one on that section it meant going all the way down to the help desk for a key and that would then mean having to go all the way back with the key again afterwards. When you can't walk very much in the first place it's quite a trek. Decided to come home and put my feet up and watch the show jumping which I enjoyed.

Menu very good so am pleased with myself for that.

Breakfast (3.30am) - Oats 30g + Honey 1Tablsp
Lunch - Morrisons Chicken with peas, carrots, stuffing ball & Mash
Evening - Salad + Cheese 50g + S.Cream 20g
Supper - Blueberries 60g + Crème Fraiche 50ml
Extra - Milk 180ml

Cals. 1113 Carbs 74 Fat 55 Protein 70 Sugars 36 Fibre 9
Added - Supper L.C.Cheese 1 + Melba Toast 3

Cals. 1186 Carbs 83 Fat 58 Protein 73 Sugars 37 Fibre 9

Last edited:
Morning Emm

Glad you had good news yesterday and even more of an incentive to stay on the straight and narrow.

It is overcast inGlasgow this morning though the forecast is good - however I am planning on getting a move on with a list of chores before I am tempted to nip out into the garden with a book.

Have a good Sunday

X

Morning Emm

Glad you had good news yesterday and even more of an incentive to stay on the straight and narrow.

It is overcast inGlasgow this morning though the forecast is good - however I am planning on getting a move on with a list of chores before I am tempted to nip out into the garden with a book.

Have a good Sunday

X

Been very overcast and quite cold here today.
Hope you got those chores done...and had a good day too.

Sunday 9th June 2013

Phoned my eldest D today as she had put her back out the other day and had a lovely surprise as both her and her married D and family are going to join us for the get together in Sheffield! .. :clap:
:clap::clap::clap::clap:

Most of the day I have spent watching the TV and being thoroughly lazy ..again!

Breakfast - NIL
Lunch - Bacon 82g + Eggs poached 2
Snack - Brazil Nuts 40g + Melba Toast 1slice + Cheese 20g
Evening - Salmon tinned 110g + Salad + S.Cream 20g
Supper - Ryvita 3 + L.C.Cheese 1
Extra - Milk 180ml + Cranberry Juice 90ml

Cals. 1254 Carbs 60 Fat 78 Protein 76 Sugars 35 Fibre 9

Last edited:
Your doing great! :) What a lovely incentive to look fab for the get together :) It's lovely doing family meet ups :) hope your aches and pains are feeling better!
xx

That will be lovely - it is nice to get family together.

It certainly will be great. This will be the first time in yonks!

Your doing great! :) What a lovely incentive to look fab for the get together :) It's lovely doing family meet ups :) hope your aches and pains are feeling better!
xx

Thanks I&S, certainly is "best foot forward" time!

Monday 10th June 2013

WI shows just a slight gain - 0.6. So now I am 189.4 ... nothing to worry about and considering at one stage I went back up to 13.9 am quite satisfied with that.

Last edited:
Monday contd.

Miserable overcast day and felt a twee bit the same myself!
Popped out to the shops ...really just to go out altho' I did want to get some more fruit. So other than that just been a browned off codger! :D Haven't even felt like eating at all either. Woke about 8.30 but couldn't be bothered to get up and eventually snoozed till 11.
Bought kippers in butter when I was out as I really fancied them at the time but they didn't live up to expectations and were quite tasteless. On the other hand am wondering if I am sickening for something as I have been sneezing a lot.

Breakfast - NIL
Lunch - Bread 1slice + Cheese 50g
Evening - Kippers 175g + Soda Bread 31g + Butter 10g
Supper - Raspberries 90g + Crème Fraiche 50ml
Extra - Milk 180ml + Cranberry Juice 90ml

Cals. 1159 Carbs 55 Fat 78 Protein 54 Sugars 32 Fibre 6

Back