2015 and It's Now or Never!

Sounds like a busy day :) Nothing worse than those hairdresser mirrors hey? Especially with that tarp apron around the neck :( dreadful. haha.
Menu sounds yum!! xx

Well done Emm, today's menu sounded nice :)

Another good day - well done Emm!

Sounds like a busy day :) Nothing worse than those hairdresser mirrors hey? Especially with that tarp apron around the neck :( dreadful. haha.
Menu sounds yum!! xx

Thanks ladies.

Friday 21st June 2013

Felt all washed out today. Had a good rant on my blog so I wont want to repeat my moans on here.
Haven't done anything much as no energy altho' I have done the necessary chores. Made tentative enquiries about getting a booking in a hotel next to the castle in Edinburgh in order to go and see the Tattoo again next year. Altho' the hotel will be quite expensive I want to be able to walk up the "mile" to the castle this time which will mean being able to leave afterwards in decent time and the walk back shouldn't be too bad as it will be downhill of course.

Think an early night is on the cards and will catch up with everyone tomorrow.

Breakfast - Bacon 84g + Eggs 2 both fried
Lunch - Sardines 54g + Toast 1slice
Snack - NIL
Dinner - Cheese 50g + Peas 20g + Potato mash 20g
Supper - Mango Chunks 275g
Extra - Milk 120ml

Cals. 1083 Carbs 67 Fat 55 Protein 68 Sugars 47 Fibre 10

Chica! Found you again via Polly's diary. It's lovely to see you back and posting.
I tend to not go trawling the site much any more and I've had no activity logged on your old thread - so I thought you'd disappeared completely!
Not read back on this diary - wil try and catch up slowly. But any chance of a quick resumé please?
Good to "see" you again!

Still Plodding On!

Well done Emm, hope you feel better today and get Edinburgh sorted. I got my mum n dad trip to the tattoo for their wedding anniversary years ago. They loved it :) x

Your food looks really good Emm - you must be feeling the difference quite a bit now. You are very industrious - glad your handy man is back on track.

I was having a rant at mine (J :)) last night. We have friends of his coming to stay in a few weeks and there is so much to be finished around here, so this weekend it is going to be decorating. We are getting someone in to do the hall as it is too big - however there are bits and bobs he needs to do himself.

Are you going to the tattoo this year?

Have a good weekend.

Hope you feel better tomorrow :) At least you are doing well food wise.

Thanks Caroline. Feeling much better today.. it was just one of "those" days!

Chica! Found you again via Polly's diary. It's lovely to see you back and posting.
I tend to not go trawling the site much any more and I've had no activity logged on your old thread - so I thought you'd disappeared completely!
Not read back on this diary - wil try and catch up slowly. But any chance of a quick resumé please?
Good to "see" you again!

Yay Bev! Been posting non stop almost!
Suffice to say am having a "family" reunion in August when I visit my youngest daughter in Sheffield. First time I will be seeing my 3 grtgrand children there and my D from Ireland is joining us too!

Well done Emm, hope you feel better today and get Edinburgh sorted. I got my mum n dad trip to the tattoo for their wedding anniversary years ago. They loved it :) x

Thanks Bubbly. Did see the Tattoo before..2011 I think.. but the weather was awful and so was the "hotel" if you could call it that!! Going to go LUXURY this time. (2014).Yay!

Your food looks really good Emm - you must be feeling the difference quite a bit now. You are very industrious - glad your handy man is back on track.

I was having a rant at mine (J :)) last night. We have friends of his coming to stay in a few weeks and there is so much to be finished around here, so this weekend it is going to be decorating. We are getting someone in to do the hall as it is too big - however there are bits and bobs he needs to do himself.

Are you going to the tattoo this year?

Have a good weekend.

Thanks Nelli but wouldn't exactly call myself "industrious"!! Can only do as much as the old bones allow these days..which sometimes is not very much tbh.
Tattoo visit will be next year and made tentative enquiries for hotel Missoni which is just near the castle. They get booked up soo quickly it's unreal so getting my name down now. At least I know the gen now.

Have a good w/e everyone

I hope you enjoyed your chompy day! You know I'm a firm believer in having treat days from time to time. I think it sorts out our metabolic rate and keeps our spirits up. Have a good day today :)

Never mind Emm... Today is a new day. The crime would be to continue over eating today. You can get back in the wagon now :) c

Thanks Bubbly but unfortunately the crime was committed today! :(

Morning Emm FFNB is right - you just need to get right back on your wagon.

Have a lovely Sunday

Thanks Nelli.

I hope you enjoyed your chompy day! You know I'm a firm believer in having treat days from time to time. I think it sorts out our metabolic rate and keeps our spirits up. Have a good day today :)

Things didn't get any better today... Hope your day was good anyway.

Started off well but by the afternoon I determined to use up some things in the fridge.. mincemeat and margarine.. so I made some mince pies and some sponge buns and promptly ate about half of them!! That having been done I sat down to sort out why I am in such an almost destructive mood...this is the story but why it has had such an effect on me I really don't understand.

Some few months ago a friend of mine who I thought a great deal of, told me that she would not be able to keep up our get-togethers as she was far too busy. That said I knew that she was a very busy person and had a lot to deal with but she still kept in frequent contact with at least 4 other friends of ours but I thought to myself..well that's life and I can't force her to do otherwise. During that time I sent her at least a couple of notes saying that I hoped she was well etc. without getting any response at all. Then, all of a sudden she contacts me with.."Oh..there you are..I wondered where you had gone..do let me know what you are doing... " etc. etc. I was so gobsmacked and I feel quite angry as it's as if I was imagining things...I wanted to let rip and tell her off but would it be worth it? and would she care anyway?!!

It all seems very petty putting it in writing now but I am still in a quandary and would love to hear your opinions please.

Last edited:
Oh Emmaline poor you, I wonder if your friend is maybe suffering from some sort of depression? I know when I'm low I avoid contact with friends - sometimes for very long periods of time. I hope they don't notice, but obviously they do. I have not contacted some of my friends since I started putting on weight, and that was nearly 5 years ago. I think you would regret letting rip, maybe she is a wee bit jealous of how well you deal with things and is worried that you will feel less of her if something has gone wrong in her life? Do you think it would be worth letting her neglect of you slide and trying to maintain contact now she has got back in touch? If you once thought a lot of her she must have something to commend her. Whatever you decide I'm sure will be right. Take care.

Still Plodding On!

Tricky one Emm... Not sure how I'd deal with that.

If it was my closest buddy then it wouldn't bother me at all. We don't need to speak for months but when we do its like we've never been out of touch. Not a problem at all.

If not so close then maybe I'd be a bit miffed and just nit make contact. But maybe she has reasons that you don't know about.

There you go, that was about as useful as a chocolate teapot! Hope u get it sorted x

Started 5ft 1" 13st 2 BMI 37.2
Day12: -1st 1 12st 1 BMI 31.9
Day26: pending!

I think you should do what you want to do Emm. If you want to be friends with the woman let her apparent indifference go and get on with your friendship. I think sometimes there are times when we read too much into a situation and take things personally when in fact the other person has had all sorts of issues that we are unaware of, and has no idea that we think anything is amiss.

I did it not so long ago with one of my friends and got totally bent out of shape because she did not phone or return calls. It went on for a while, and I more or less wrote her off until she turned up to tell me what had been happening in her world. I was so glad I hadn't said anything and to this day she doesn't know that I wondered what I had done to offend her.

:)

Every human being is different and a law unto themself, and as Nelli says you don;t know if she's had her own issues to deal with.
I've blown up at people in the past for exactly the same reason you've mentioned here.
All it does is sour the friendship.
I don't know about you, but I have too few friends now to lose any of them so I think I'd keep quiet and try and carry on as before.
Maybe a "gentle" chat with her sometime when the right opportunity arises. But just let her know how upset you felt and not mention the anger you obviously feel.
Just my two pen'narth for what ot's worth.

Monday 24th June 2013

First of all...thanks so much for all the advice on my "dilemma"..methinks I was rather throwing the toys out of the pram somewhat! :D Am feeling very much better today and as has been said..not really knowing what is going on behind the scenes is often the more important bigger picture. It's really not having a very good opinion or self worth that often triggers these upsets.Now I have slept on it and re-assessed the situation along with the kind words I shall be back to the wheel! :thankyou:

WI today..191.8. so that's a gain of 2lb exactly...and I'm quite okay with that under the circumstances.

Back