2015 and It's Now or Never!

Saturday 20th July 2013

Unfortunately not a good day at all!! Back has been excruciating to put it mildly!
I managed to do just ordinary bits and pieces of tidying round my flat and put a bit of washing in and that was it..
deep-sigh-smiley-emoticon.gif

Did keep to my diet so am quite pleased with that.

Breakfast - Bacon 56g + Eggs poached 2
Lunch - Salmon canned 40g + S.Cream 10g + Finn Crisps 2
Snack - Raspberries 50g + Cr. Fraiche 50ml
Evening - Chicken Pasta homemade (incl. carrots, peas, pepper, cheese sauce) + Pasta 100g
Supper - Digestive Biscuits 2
Extra - Milk 240ml

Cals. 1246 Carbs 55 Fat 67 Protein 81 Sugars 27 Fibre 7

Sunday 21st July 2013

Much better today and lovely weather as well. Started off a bit overcast but sun came out gradually and now very nice plus a cool breeze.
Tesco for a few bits and pieces and picked up some reduced price ready meals for only 34p each. Thought they may well be horrible but had one this evening and it was really quite nice, soft pasta, plenty of creamy sauce and tuna good too. Only one draw back..the cals are 660 and carbs 66! Don't know how they manage to calculate them as home made would be at least half that.

Called in and had my car washed first as this time of year the trees give off a horrible sticky sap that covers everything.

Such a nice day so went into garden intending to do a bit of "light" weeding and ended up re-sitting my water butt. When my neighbour moved in her brother brought round a small digger (how they managed to get it thro' the hallway and up and down the steps as well..goodness only knows!) The top soil of her garden was removed as there was masses of ground elder which has been so prevalent for a long time, but in so doing they disturbed the soil round my water butt which then began to sink and tip over quite a bit. Very pleased with my efforts altho' I dare say I shall be suffering tomorrow! :D

Breakfast - NIL (didn't wake till late)
Lunch - Cheese 30g + Scan Bran 1 + Tomato Cup.a.soup
Dinner - Tesco Tuna and pasta bake
Supper - Brazil Nuts 30g + WW Fromage Frais
Extra - Milk 120ml

Cals. 1270 Carbs 101 Fat 64 Protein 67 Sugars 34 Fibre 11

Monday 22nd July 2013

Hot! Hot! Hot!
Went to have my physio on my frozen shoulder and it was like stepping into an oven going outside.
Shoulder much better..had ultra sound massage for 10mins and then the Tens type treatment as well. Really glad to get back home indoors.
Not done anything much at all and carbs way over today..but I don't care..only lost .8 of a pound this week!
big-tears.gif

Evening Emm - I'm home but with not a cat in hell's chance of catching up quickly!
Hope you are well chica and I'll try to catch up over the next few days.

All caught up now! Having a sleepless night as it is sooooooo hot here.
0.8 lb is VERY good considering the heat - lots of the people at various SW classes have gained or had a sts.
And yes - I can see a difference in the photos too. So keep it up chica.

Still Plodding On!

Hi Emm

Pat on the back for you for keeping on track, especially with the hot weather :)

Well done Mrs!

P.S I love your flower pic! X

Started CD 4 June
5ft 1" 13st 2 BMI 37.2
Day12: -1st 1 12st 1 BMI 31.9
Dont like knowing weight, so staying off scales. Want to bypass 11s so not weighing until 2nd Aug!

The heat is getting more than a little relentless now. I'm at a virtual stand-still with it!

Glad your treatments made your should much better!

0.8 lbs is good!

Thanks Zeke.. shoulder continues to improve thank goodness.

All caught up now! Having a sleepless night as it is sooooooo hot here.
0.8 lb is VERY good considering the heat - lots of the people at various SW classes have gained or had a sts.
And yes - I can see a difference in the photos too. So keep it up chica.

Sleepless nights for most methinks Bev!
Glad you can see a difference.. looks the same almost to me.
Nice to have you back with us.. :)

Hi Emm

Pat on the back for you for keeping on track, especially with the hot weather :)

Well done Mrs!

P.S I love your flower pic! X

Started CD 4 June
5ft 1" 13st 2 BMI 37.2
Day12: -1st 1 12st 1 BMI 31.9
Dont like knowing weight, so staying off scales. Want to bypass 11s so not weighing until 2nd Aug!

Thanks Bubbly. Had a sort of mish-mash day really but cals were within range at least.

Wednesday 24th July 2013

Back still painful after my gardening the other day but it did ease up during the day. Yay!!
Have been trying to sell my air cooler for some time without success but was very pleased that I still have it as it has been soo useful today. Only trouble with it is that it is so noisy... but cooling...great!

B&Q Cooler.jpg

Back on track well and good today. Easy enough as I really haven't felt very hungry at all.

Breakfast - NIL (up too late)
Lunch - Eggs scrambled 2 + Finn Crisps 2
Snack - Brazil Nuts 30g + Toast 1 slice + Butter
Evening - Cheese 54g + Salad + S.Cream 20g
Supper - Banana small 1 + Crème fraiche 50ml
Extra - Milk 180ml

Cals. 1190 Carbs 65 Fat 80 Protein 45 Sugars 33 Fibre 10

Hi Emm

Hope all is well with you - I haven't been on much recently as I've been quite busy around the house - oh, and of course work :0

Your rose looks lovely. My Dad was a keen gardener and he loved his roses. I am just happy if anything grows :)

Thursday 25th July 2013

Terrible night..so hot and humid!! Didn't get a wink of sleep and back played up something awful as well. Got up very early and had a cool shower then went back to bed and managed to drop off for about an hour.
Made an appointment the other day to have my hair done this afternoon but back so painful I did wonder whether I would be able to make it. New I would feel a lot better if my hair was done as it had become really fuzzy and horrible. So glad that I did get there as the effort made my back click into gear so it's now feeling very much better.
Went to Tesco for a few groceries and got a pack of stewing steak reduced from over £5 to £1.95..very pleased with that.

Diet a bit all over the place as had a bit of a splurge on eating crackers in the early hours..:rolleyes:

Breakfast - Cream Crackers 5 + Butter
Lunch - Digestive Biscuits 2
Snack - Chocolatino Icecream
Evening - Cheese 54g + Salad + S.Cream 20g
Supper - Raspberries 100g + Crème Fraiche 50ml
Extra - Milk 120ml

Cals. 1186 Carbs 84 Fat 73 Protein 28 Sugars 41 Fibre 10

Friday 26th July 2013

Funny ole day today.. :confused:

Started off well and then left it rather late to have my lunch before going swimming so just did a favourite of cheese on toast with tomato cup.a.soup. Got home and had banana and crème fraiche but that meant my carbs were well up and then proceeded to completely lose the plot! :sign0007:
Ah well..another day tomorrow! No good crying over spilt milk!

Met a woman who I used to know years ago and had a very nice chat. She was saying that her and a friend go and have a spa day nearly every month which includes a massage, swim and steam plus a meal. Ventured to ask if I could join them next time and she seemed quite happy about it but the I remembered later that she never was a very reliable person so I wont be holding my breath.

Today's totals including 480 extra cals for my exercise = 1673 Cals 148 Carbs..:eek:

:) Thanks for the link Emmaline. I haven't read the whole diary but have read the last few pages to get a feel for it, your rose is beautiful and I can see the difference in you in the two photos!

Dont think I will start a diary to be honest. I waste sooooo much time online already, i am trying to cut back and if i start a diary I will become obsessed and nothing else will get done :D

I will keep popping in here to see yours though :)

:) Thanks for the link Emmaline. I haven't read the whole diary but have read the last few pages to get a feel for it, your rose is beautiful and I can see the difference in you in the two photos!

Dont think I will start a diary to be honest. I waste sooooo much time online already, i am trying to cut back and if i start a diary I will become obsessed and nothing else will get done :D

I will keep popping in here to see yours though :)

Obsessed is me .. :D
Thought it might be a better way to communicate as our message trail is getting rather peculiar to say the least.

Saturday 27th July 2013

Very peculiar night. Kept feeling really tired but when I went to bed I was then wide awake again! Sat in armchair and played my Nintendo scrabble until I just couldn't keep my eyes open any more and then went back to bed..aprox 5am by then. Had a good sleep which was great and didn't wake till 11.30 so just heard the tail end of the C&W music on the radio.
Everything went well today and got all my odd jobs up to date plus the washing.

Didn't do quite as well as I had hoped with my diet.
Added my housework activities which gave me another 118 cals.

Breakfast - NIL
Lunch - Bread 1 slice + Cheese 30g + Tomato Cup.a.soup
Snack - Raspberries 100g + Crème Fraiche 60ml
Evening - Bacon 110g + Egg fried 1 + Tomatos (canned) chopped + B.Beans 75g
Extra - Milk 28g (powder reconstituted)

Cals 1400 Carbs 74 Fat 86 Protein 73 Sugars 37 Fibre 15

Evening chica - Glad you managed a good sleep last night.
After 2 sleepless nights for me I slept like a log last night, albeit in 2 bursts of 3 hours, so I woke this morning feeling a lot better.

Spent some time in my "cold" hot tub to cool down this afternoon as it was scorchio and very humid here.
It's been turned off now for 3 days and it has finally cooled to 31c - which is very a pleasant temp for cooling you down.

Are you doing anything nice on Sunday? I think we're just going to have a relaxing day and may well get in the tib again :)

Morning chica - it's cooler today here too. Only 28.5c at the mo - but it is only 10:05
Suspect it will get scorchio again later. :cry:
Currently doing some ironing whilst it is still cool!

Hi, you are doing so well. It is such an inspiration to see you have made such progress. I have started at a similar weight to your start weight so it really helps to know you have made it so far on your journey :)

Morning chica - it's cooler today here too. Only 28.5c at the mo - but it is only 10:05
Suspect it will get scorchio again later. :cry:
Currently doing some ironing whilst it is still cool!

It got hotter here this afternoon too.
Don't envy you the ironing!! My home help does mine for me.. :D

Hi, you are doing so well. It is such an inspiration to see you have made such progress. I have started at a similar weight to your start weight so it really helps to know you have made it so far on your journey :)

Hi Hayley, Nice of you to pop in and thanks ..it's been a long time getting this far.

Sunday 28th July 2013

Out to lunch as planned..not a very good idea as it happens.. lots of screaming kids!!!! One in particular just literally screamed and screamed at the top of his voice even after his mum gave him his little lunch box. Must admit I did feel a wee bit sorry for him as apart from the fact that she didn't even try to console him he did look very pale as if he was over tired perhaps or sickening for something. Another one seemed he just enjoyed hearing his voice..guess he'll grow up to be a politician.. :D

Tesco was next (what's new there.. :rolleyes:) Filled up with petrol and had some discount that they now give every time you shop there. Then bought 3 new light bulbs for my sitting room. Bought some a week or so ago and they are far too bright so wanted to get a lower wattage but ended up getting the same ones.
Then finished off buying a pack of ice creams..only ate one so not too bad but the ole carbs are high again..:sigh:

Took two large bottles of water down for toms and strawb plants and then pulled out some more bindweed..bloomin stuff...smothers everything in no time at all.

Breakfast - Oats 30g + Sugar 1teaspn
Lunch - Chicken & veg Morrisons
Snack - Chocolate ice cream
Evening - Cheese 50g + Salad + S.Cream 20g
Extra - Milk pdrd 20g

Cals. 1140 Carbs 86 Fat 53 Protein 73 Sugars 46 Fibre 7

Back