2015 and It's Now or Never!

What is a stupid mare?(We don't have this phrase in America) Like that person is being a nightmare? and being stupid too?

You don't have to answer.

Was stopping by to say hello love!

A mare is a horse! It's just a way of calling someone stupid, mare just adds to the insult!

What is a stupid mare?(We don't have this phrase in America) Like that person is being a nightmare? and being stupid too?

You don't have to answer.

Was stopping by to say hello love!

Hi Elm..very good of you to visit .. the following post answers your question.
I'm sure we've all felt like that about someone at one time or another!

A mare is a horse! It's just a way of calling someone stupid, mare just adds to the insult!

Touche!

Sunday 18th August 2013

Feeling very much better today.
Picked a pound of blueberries from my bushes which is great and more tomatoes.

Decided to have a fitting session to see what I am going to wear next week and was looking for a lovely white lacy blouse with camisole which I had bought some few weeks back. Couldn't find it anywhere so I think I must have sent it back to the catalogue.. :confused: .. ended up with a blouse and trousers I have worn umpteen times before! Then got out the lovely glittery evening sandals I had bought and which I didn't get round to fitting on at the time... turned out they are far too big!! I should have been more wary about them as they were from Damart who altho' they do a lot of E fittings their shoes are often far bigger than the size they are supposed to be..so a size 5 is more like a 6 ...:sigh:
Now I have mounds of clothes to put away.. that'll do tomorrow.

Diet has gone quite well. Cals 1145 Carbs 70

Well done you!!! It's really nice when we get results and not feel we have had to work too hard :).

Certainly is Caroline..

Had a nice day even tho' the old back was playing up. Went and had my massage and EC which was great. Unfortunately she is going into hospital for a hysterectomy this week so it will be a while before she will be able for any more work. Will have to hunt out another place for the time being.

Finally sorted out all the C&W clothes that I had in my cupboard..much more than I thought. I am going to try advertising it as a job lot just for a few bob as it would really break my heart to just give it all to a charity shop. May well post some pics for you to see some of them.

Diet gone very well.. can't be bothered to list everything ... cals 1038 Carbs 118

Last edited:
The fact is that if they had bothered to read the previous 2-3 comments they would have understood what the conversation was actually about...something that I find so many people on this forum fail to do.

Wish it was just this forum Emm - but thats true in real live as well.
I get infuriated if I'm in the pub and someone has been daydreaming and missed half of a conversation and then jumps in with a comment that was discussed 10 minutes ago!!!!

Wish I could find the fred where you've been upset, but can't :(
Just ignore them.

Wish it was just this forum Emm - but thats true in real live as well.
I get infuriated if I'm in the pub and someone has been daydreaming and missed half of a conversation and then jumps in with a comment that was discussed 10 minutes ago!!!!

Wish I could find the fred where you've been upset, but can't :(
Just ignore them.

Thanks Bev.. I'm well over it now but was quite amazed how it affected me at the time especially as I had another such happening on a different forum as well.

Just watching a man going across the grass out here followed by his dog. He got to his car ..opened the car door and had to stand and wait while his pooch took it's time sniffing around etc. before obligingly jumping in. Looked so funny from here... like.."your car M'lord!" :D

Had my hair done first this afternoon and then went to the shops to get a blouse and sandals after not finding anything nice in my cupboard to wear yesterday. First visit was TKMax but it was a load of old tat..looked more like a pound shop. So went into city to Debenhams and got quite a nice blouse..apparently they don't have much as they are stocking up for the autumn now. Then a pair of evening sandals but they are the sort that don't have a strap at the back... may prove to be rather dicey for me.
Stopped in the café and had a scone with clotted cream and jam.. rather sickly...and then fish and chips for my tea. Needless to say well over my cals and carbs! :eek:

May not have time to log in tomorrow morning so I wish you all a happy next few days and will be back signing in on Saturday.

Enjoy your trip away Emm - hope it's not too stressful. CU when you get back.

PS well done on the loss this week. Told you that you were on for one!

Enjoy your trip away Emm - hope it's not too stressful. CU when you get back.

PS well done on the loss this week. Told you that you were on for one!

Trip went very well thanks Bev.. but weight increase for just a few days is horrendous! Hopefully mostly due to fluid retention which I do get quite a lot when travelling.

Saturday 24th August 2013

Everything went very well and the very person who I was quite apprehensive about meeting turned out to be an absolute angel! They picked me up from the hotel at about 11.30 and we went round to said grand's house where we spent the whole afternoon. Took the children over the park which was just in front of her house where there was a fair being held. Just wish I had taken my camera as the children enjoyed themselves immensely... very funny to see little E..pretty and dainty looking.. clambering up the slide steps 3 at a time..hanging over the balcony and waving before hurtling down the slide like a right tomboy! Donkey rides and swings proved to be a real hit.
The evening meal was really good and all came even one of my gran D who had just had an exploratory opp. Once again I was surprised at the lovely hug and kiss from the said "angel" who also offered me her spare bedroom in order for me to visit again soon! How wrong can I be!!
Forgot to take photos of the party but managed to get a group snap outside the hotel before they all left.
Back to the grind today and full on for the bestest effort to get a few more pounds off before my next cruise.

Well done Em, it is great to see the 13"6 and that you had a lovely trip away :) x

Well done Em, it is great to see the 13"6 and that you had a lovely trip away :) x

Thanks Hayley.. unfortunately the 13.6 is not going to be there for very long! :sigh:

Started off really well but had a diverge about 3pm and downed a couple of chocolate wafers.
Total cals were about 1300 and carbs 150.

Must do better tomorrow!

Sunday 25th August 2013

Woke early but went back to bed.. telephone rang and I thought it was about 9.30..turned out to be 11.30!
My D rang me and we had a lovely chat. Gave me a real boost for the day as I was beginning to feel a bit down now being on my own again.
Diet has gone really well.. very pleased with myself.

Totals: Cals 1257 Carbs 99 Fat 69 (incl. extra 45cals for lots of housework done)

It's always good when our worst fears are not realised. Well done for only a moderate gain :)

Very true that Caroline!

Unfortunately not been too good today..healthwise I mean..aching all over and sneezed quite a lot this morning and have an odd sort of fuzzy headache. Guess I have just got a bit of a chill... hopefully a one day thing.
Kept to my diet well..Cals 1153 Carbs 76

Back