2015 and It's Now or Never!

Not recording it yet Bubbly... but yay to that!

DSCN0240.jpg My naughty spider.. I allow 4hrs for it to move so I can get it in my spider catcher.. after that it will go up my vacuum cleaner! .. I know that's not nice but it's either him or my sanity and the latter is very fragile at the best of times!.. :D
Decided to take action and moved all my furniture out of the way, found the longest pole and gave it a prod...poor thing was really dopey and hardly moved so had to give it a good swipe... finally caught in my catcher and put out of the window! Whew! I can be at ease now.. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Sunday 29th September 2013

Quite a good day apart from the aches which are dismally awful to say the least!
Went into garden and picked all the toms from my greenhouse so just hoping I will be okay tomorrow to make some chutney before they all go rotten.

Very pleased with keeping to my diet.

Breakfast ( very late) - Oats 35g + Honey 1/2 Tblspn
Lunch - NIL
Snack - Brazil Nuts 40g
Evening - Salmon canned 100g + Salad + S.Cream 20g + Mash 20g + Cheese 20g
Supper - Damsons stewed 100g + Crème Fraiche 60ml
Extra - Milk 200ml

Cals 1146 Carbs 73 Fat 73 Protein 48 Sugars 32 Fibre 6

Great job Emmaline! Gosh that spider is huge! I have no such worries about killing them... haha. I would have had that vacuum cleaner out as soon as I saw it! I love tomato chutney! Would love to have a green thumb - however all my plants end up dead despite my best intentions :(

You are doing great! :D

Great job Emmaline! Gosh that spider is huge! I have no such worries about killing them... haha. I would have had that vacuum cleaner out as soon as I saw it! I love tomato chutney! Would love to have a green thumb - however all my plants end up dead despite my best intentions :(

You are doing great! :D

Thanks so much for your visit I&S ... I had been feeling quite low but you've cheered me up no end! :)

Plodding on!!

Well done Emm

I have admiration for you, the way you keep going and sticking to the calorie counting for your diet. I'm going to have to learn some lessons from you when I get to goal!

Here's a spider in my sink at work. Had to get a male teacher to come n remove it because no-one else would could deal with it! ImageUploadedByMiniMins.com1380600670.428252.jpg it looks like a tarantula but it really wasn't that big! X

Restarted CD 9 Sept 5ft 1"
13st 2 BMI 37.2
Wk1 12st5.5 -10.5 BMI 32.7
Wk2 12st2.5. -3 BMI 32.2
Wk3 11st11.5 -5 BMI 31.2

Re: Plodding on!!

Oh my gosh, that spider pic freaked me out, luckily I get my husband to take them outside, as I am the one who rescues mice, he can't do that. I am ok wth tiny spiders but anything big freaks me out. Never kill them though, even when I stepped on a snail by accident I felt agonies of guilt :(

Well done with your diet Emm you are doing so good xxx

Well done Emm

I have admiration for you, the way you keep going and sticking to the calorie counting for your diet. I'm going to have to learn some lessons from you when I get to goal!

Here's a spider in my sink at work. Had to get a male teacher to come n remove it because no-one else would could deal with it! View attachment 108905 it looks like a tarantula but it really wasn't that big! X

Restarted CD 9 Sept 5ft 1"
13st 2 BMI 37.2
Wk1 12st5.5 -10.5 BMI 32.7
Wk2 12st2.5. -3 BMI 32.2
Wk3 11st11.5 -5 BMI 31.2

Don't like the look of that spider Bubbly... :fear:
Things went a bit askew today tho' but thanks for the compliment.

Oh my gosh, that spider pic freaked me out, luckily I get my husband to take them outside, as I am the one who rescues mice, he can't do that. I am ok wth tiny spiders but anything big freaks me out. Never kill them though, even when I stepped on a snail by accident I felt agonies of guilt :(

Well done with your diet Emm you are doing so good xxx

Thanks Igg..still trying but not today.. :D

Have a good day Emm. :)

Thanks Caroline...

Not a good day diet-wise once again but tbh I deliberately decided to have a break seeing as how I don't have anyone to go out for a lovely lunch with all the social trimmings, nor do I go to parties etc. etc.. :boohoo:. so a lovely bar of my fav dairy milk chocolate with whole nuts was on the agenda and I thoroughly enjoyed it... :party0051:

Physio this afternoon but as I have been having such a lot of pain in my shoulder I thought I would ask him what the probable prognosis was. Firstly my app was at 2pm and I got there in good time and just at 2pm another very posh looking woman came in and was promptly shown thro. I sat and waited and it was nearly 2.30 before the nurse came and called me. She proceeded to get things ready for the usual treatment but I said I wanted to speak to the man in charge first. She went thro' to see him and eventually he came storming thro' in quite bad humour and when I asked him he just said "well, we win some and we lose some and your particular problem is ..so and so forth.. so perhaps a steroid injection would be best. I agreed with that and he wrote out a letter to fax to my doc and said to me "you can go now!" ..which I thought was very rude and tactless...and I might add, as per usual any time he spoke he never bothered to look at me but spoke to the notes on his desk!..Pompous PrUck!!
So you see I nice bar of choccie was well in order today..:D

Re: Plodding on!!

I agree too, what a horrible man!! Obviously not from the school of medicine that believes in a patient's comfort and well being and treating them with respect, he is clearly a self important, arrogant little #$%$$, as you say.. pompous! He probably isn't very happy hence treating others badly.:thumbdown:

Glad you enjoyed the chocolate, we all need a treat sometimes. Hugs xxxx

Wednesday 2nd October 2013

Another day of lovely sunshine.
Had a bit of a restless night but not thro' any pain probs which makes a change!
Got up about 3am and had a few games of scrabble on my Nintendo DS and back to bed about 4.30 and then slept soundly till 11am.
Did a bit of tidying up before my home help arrived. I know that sounds a bit daft but the place was in an awful pickle.
Had a lovely chat and laugh with her as usual.. really brightened my day.
Keep trying to get info on how to make my printer work properly again but things are going from bad to worse and now instead of printing in yellow instead of red it doesn't print anything at all! I guess I shall have to call out the tech fella and get him to fix it... 5mins is what it takes him most times at a charge of £35. :sigh:

Became dull and a bit rainy later this afternoon and quite chilly too... and I am still feeling a bit blue. Most probably need to start taking the iron tabs again.
Diet gone reasonably well altho' carbs up quite a bit..will do better tomorrow.

Breakfast - Oats 35g + Honey 1/2Tblspn
Lunch - Banana small
Snack - Fruit cake slice home made
Evening - Cheese 100g + Salad + S.Cream 20g
Extra - Milk 200ml

Cals 1033 Carbs 99 Fat 54 Protein 42 Sugars 58 Fibre 8

I always tell myself to take my iron tablet too but fail to remember.

Goodness that doctor sounds horrible... Obviously more about money than patient care - such a shame.
Too bad about your printer :/ did you ask your home help lady if she might have any suggestions to how it could be fixed? Hope you are well :)

I always tell myself to take my iron tablet too but fail to remember.

It's such a hassle as I am supposed to take it at least an hour after food and an hour before the next meal! Seeing as how my meals are not exactly on a regular basis it makes it very difficult.. :rolleyes:

Goodness that doctor sounds horrible... Obviously more about money than patient care - such a shame.
Too bad about your printer :/ did you ask your home help lady if she might have any suggestions to how it could be fixed? Hope you are well :)

Did ask her..sort of..but she's less informed than moi about techy stuff.
Techy man contacted today..
. another £35 out of my pocket.. :sigh:

Have a good day Emm.

Thanks Caroline.

Thursday 3rd October 2013

..just going to have a bit of a rant...
Very fed up for no particular reason .. one of those days when I could hit someone..metaphorically speaking of course!
Don't really know what's come over me... I'm not exactly depressed and don't want to go out.. I feel like Violet in Just William.."I'll thcream and thcream and thcream 'till I'm thick!"

So today I have finished off the green tomato chutney and shooshed it in the liquidiser to make a smooth consistency as I have plenty of the chunky stuff.
Bought a very reduced loaf of bread which was just about on the turn so popped it in the oven and have made a nice lot of breadcrumbs with it in the grinder... all ready for when I get round to making some more meat balls.

I have managed to download some music from a CD that the lady masseur loaned me so at least I've another wee notch under my belt.

Diet went well again altho' again carbs a bit higher than I would like..altho' tbh while I feel like this as long as I keep the cals under control and the carbs at a fairly reasonable level that will suffice.

Breakfast - Oats 35g + Honey 1/2 Tablsp
Lunch - Cheese 33g + Bread 1 slice + Tom Cupasoup
Snack - Digestive Biscuits 2
Evening - Ham 98g + Salad + S.Cream 20g
Supper - Brazil Nuts 40g
Extra - Milk 200ml

Cals 1203 Carbs 89 Fat 60 Protein 52 Sugars 42 Fibre 10

Sorry you have had a bad day emotionally wise :(
I love that you make your own breadcrumbs and chutney! I would love to learn! especially the chutney!

Hope tomorrow is better to you!

Sorry you had a blah day. Well done for keeping diet under control - you should feel very proud under the circumstances. Hope your mood is sunnier today - wouldn't want you to thscweem until you were thick!

Sorry you have had a bad day emotionally wise :(
I love that you make your own breadcrumbs and chutney! I would love to learn! especially the chutney!

Hope tomorrow is better to you!

Sorry you had a blah day. Well done for keeping diet under control - you should feel very proud under the circumstances. Hope your mood is sunnier today - wouldn't want you to thscweem until you were thick!

Thanks to both of you for your kind words.
Don't feel quite so bad today and a bit of swimming is on the agenda for this afternoon ... that should get the mojo running again. :D

P.s. Chutney is the most easiest to make..just bung all the ingredients into a saucepan and slowly bring to the boil, then simmer for an hour...done!

Oh I love swimming! so relaxing! Thanks for the chutney advice :) I might make some :)
Glad today is better :)

Back