2015 and It's Now or Never!

My daughters.. Carol (on the left) and Sandra with Lisa and children.

So pleased that after many years of being at loggerheads they are now good buddies.

381167_3750088034240_1961610915_n.jpg

Last edited:
Tuesday 8th October 2013

Lovely day again and feeling good too! (.6 of a pound gone)
Swimming this afternoon and had a really good swim... about 10 widths which is a record for me... and great chats with the others. Not having any effects of pain in my back after that which is a change as well.

Had a phone call from Tesco service desk (H.O.) about the voucher that wouldn't go thro' the till and apparently if I get logged into my club card account I will be able to print off any damaged vouchers.. handy that! I have always found them to be very helpful and that way get good feedback.

Well, needless to say the diet has gone very well again today.
I did find out that brazil nuts have more carbs in than those on MFP .. 100g has 12carbs not 1!

Breakfast - Banana
Lunch - Bread 33g + Cheese 35g
Snack - WW Raspberry Tart Yogurt 120g
Evening - Ham 95g + Cheese 50g + Salad + S.Cream 20g
Supper - Brazil Nuts 50g
Extra - Milk 200ml

Cals 1207 Carbs 69 Fat 76 Protein 66 Sugars 39 Fibre 10

Well done Emm, you're doing really well. Pat on the back for the swimming too :)

Lovely pic of your girls... Glad they get on. My sisters are my best friends. My friend is always falling out with her sister constantly! x

Great job on the .6 loss :) you are doing so so well :)

Wednesday 9th October 2013

Thanks for the post girls... sorry not posting much today.
Woke with a very bad headache, took a couple of Annadin X which usually do the trick but not today! Eventually became really poorly with bad pains in my tum and feeling very sick so went to bed.
Haven't eaten much at all and am back off to bed..so see you all tomorrow.. :character00264:

Wednesday 9th October 2013

Thanks for the post girls... sorry not posting much today.
Woke with a very bad headache, took a couple of Annadin X which usually do the trick but not today! Eventually became really poorly with bad pains in my tum and feeling very sick so went to bed.
Haven't eaten much at all and am back off to bed..so see you all tomorrow.. :character00264:

Sorry to hear you're unwell Emmaline, hope you're feeling better tomorrow!!

((( Hugs ))) chica - hope you feel better tomorrow.

Gosh Sorry you are feeling under the weather... have lots of rest :) get well soon

Re: Plodding on!!

Wish you better Emm xxxx

Thanks everyone for your good wishes... bright as a button this morning!! :D
I have no idea what that was all about.. just another one of my 24 hour bugs that I seem to fall prey to... (at least my weight has stayed the same.)

..Having just done a bit of investigation I believe it may well have been thro' taking my iron tablet on an empty stomach. Altho' this was/is recommended to take an hour before a meal, that is, taking any NSAIDs as well can cause stomach problems.. so in future I shall be taking after a meal instead.

Last edited:
Thursday 10th October 2013

Autumn is here with a bang... dull, cold, rainy and windy!
Glad I didn't have to go out and had my heating on for a while this afternoon.
Not done much today apart from putting stuff on a FRIday Ads site... mended my little foot stool and found out that what I thought was pickled beetroot is actually coarse cut marmalade which I had totally forgotten about.
Felt really hungry this afternoon but managed to stave it off by concentrating on clearing some junk off my computer stores...(I know what I mean but can't think of the proper techy terms.. :D)

Breakfast - Oats 35g + Honey 1/2 Tblsn
Lunch - WW Bread 19g + L.C. Cheese 1
Snack - Caramel & Apple Tart Yogurt
Evening - Cheese 60g + Eggs hardboiled 2 + Salad + Salad Cream 20g
Supper - Brazil Nuts 40g
Extra - Milk 200ml

Cals 1168 Carbs 74 Fat 75 Protein 55 Sugars 40 Fibre 8

Well done for ignoring the hunger pangs. It is very cold here today too - though was quite bright and sunny. Have a good night's sleep and a good day tomorrow :)

Saturday 12th October 2013

Not a good day yesterday... went completely off track! :sigh:
Wont bore you with all my moans and groans of which there were plenty but suffice to say I was not in the best of humour due to all my usual complaints even tho' I had my massage in the afternoon... was going to "treat" myself to a McD's but couldn't get a parking spot at Asda so came home and went to bed instead.. :hmm:

Thank goodness today is much better.. lovely and sunny and aches and pains somewhat subsided. ... and humour restored to a better plain.
Not going to say that my food will be good today as am going into the city early to get a parking place for going to the theatre tonight so I shall be having a meal out which may well turn out to be another one of those treats...:D

Really looking forward to it and am so pleased that my aches are not getting in the way either... see y'all later..much later!

Morning Emm - had a laugh at your beetroot vs marmalade thing.

We used to have a boat and labels would often fall off because of the damp atmosphere.
But I would always write on the top with indelible ink what was inside.
We got stuck on the boat one Sunday night and had no more fresh food with us (apart from spuds) as we were supposed to be going home.
So I attacked the emergency supplies. I stuck the spuds on to boil, opened a tin of sweetcorn then what I though was a tin of chicken in white wine sauce to go with them. Hmmmm . . . it turned out to be custard! Would have made an interesting meal but not to be defeated I opened the tin labelled custard and thankfully found . . . yes the chicken in white wine sauce. How on earth I'd mislabelled them heaven alone knows! Had to do a treacle sponge to use up the custard too!

Now you need to be a good girl tonight. Try and choose sensibly when you have your meal out. You can do it chica!
What are you going to see at the theatre?

Last edited:
Back